Ideal Landing Spots for Saquon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Ideal Landing Spots for Saquon

Postby krombj19 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey guys, just wondering what the ideal landing spots would be for Saquon Barkley knowing where he is projected to go (Top 5) and teams who will need a RB come draft day.
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Ideal Landing Spots for Saquon

Postby keebs3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 pm

It seems to me that he will be in a good spot regardless. The Giants might be my top pick- no stand out RB in years and they might be looking to re "face" their franchise. If they can get O-line help Barkley would thrive here.
Depending on the Hyde situation he could do well in San Francisco too. He could be the next big thing in the Bay area if they let Hyde go. I don't think the Browns go this direction with Crowell and Duke..
The Colts and Raiders would be my next two. I guess Miami and the Bucs would follow. Granted this is based on current standings and assuming he goes in the top 5 or so picks.
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Good calls Keebs !

Please don't let it be the JETS !

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Raiders would be a great spot.. They have a really good Offensive Line i think and Derek Carr is pretty good as well.
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Assuming Hyde walks, all of the teams currently in the top 4 (Cleveland, SF, NYG, Indy) would have a need at running back.

If Luck comes back healthy that could be a good spot, but it seems like they'd be the least likely to pull the trigger. SF seems like the best combination of likelihood and upside (Kyle Shanahan offense) among the teams currently up high enough to take him.

I don't see any way he makes it down to the Raiders (currently 14th and I'd bet they end up even lower than that).
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 pm

J....E....T....S JETS, JETS, JETS

I'm biased

I'd actually prefer Darnold

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:36 pm

What do you think Barkley does in the NFL then?

CIA
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CIA » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Agree on San Francisco. Shanahan’s scheme is built around the rb and Shanahan has shown he can get the most out of the running game with multiple teams. If Garopolo is even average, Barkley should be pretty good there.

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 pm

do we not worry about the san francisco offensive line?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:12 pm

It's hard to really say. Coaching changes and player transactions can change quickly. The Jets may not look like a great landing spot, but you never know long-term.

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:17 pm

long term i think he is better than Gurley and Zeke, but i think it also depends on if he has a decent offensive line.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:30 pm

krombj19 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:51 pm do we not worry about the san francisco offensive line?
Exactly the dilemma I've spoken of in other threads. While I would expect Barkley to still put up decent numbers (Hyde has) would I expect Saquon to vault into the stratosphere where DJ, Zeke, Le'Veon reside ? Probably not.

Should the Raiders,Eagles or even heaven forbid my hometown Lions land the Nitany Lion I think he'd stand a good chance at being elite right away. If a Guice or my sleeper Michel lands in one of those spots I would think long and hard about taking them ahead of the superior talent of Barkley in SF. In the end I would most likely go with Saquon but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get outdone by the other guy in the better situation.

Before you tell me what a fool I am I said the same thing about this year's crop. Even traded out of the top five giving up either McCaffrey or Cook because I felt the situation was better for another guy I thought I could get @ 9 . Even added Tyreek to move from the fifth to nine. Even traded Brandon Cooks to acquire the fifth knowing that I could get Hill and the ninth overall. And you are all probably thinking I got lucky that Ware got hurt ...But you'd be wrong !

Alvin Kamara was tailor made to fill the old Pierre Thomas role regardless of AP & Ingram being there. Take 7-10 carries plus 5-7 receptions behind one of the top 3-5 offensive lines in the game. If I was even remotely close to being right about his skillset I figured he be good for around 1200 total yards and 6 or so TD's. In PPR that's at least RB 2 range figuring 75 or so catches. I never figured the Ingram and Peterson splitting carries would last. Either AP would excel thus making the perennial Payton whipping boy expendable or AP would pout about not being the center of attention and get himself shipped out of town. Either way an opening for more opportunity would present itself before the season was over. Luckily it happened quicker than expected.

Same thing only there's no Ingram in the way except for Ajayi in Philly but he strikes me as his knee/leg isn't right. If he struggles the rest of the year old Howie Roseman isn't afraid to pull the trigger on a deal. Give me Sony Michel there and I'm all over it.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:08 am

Not sure the browns will go qb with the 1.01 there are not qb who deserve to be draft 1.01 so i would not be surprise to see him at cleveland. Otherwise it would be more probably frisco
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:08 am

Patriots!

Just kidding. it would be nice to see them get a back like that, but he'll go somewhere else.... Probably more likely the Colts/49ers/Redskins would be a decent spot
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 pm

The Colts are the most logical landing spot as all of the other horrible teams need quarterbacks. As terrible as the Giants are at running back, they need to replace Eli Manning in a bad way.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.