Famous Jameis being investigated by NFL

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Famous Jameis being investigated by NFL

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:38 am

Pewter report just sent down a story that Jameis is being investigated for a "groping" incident involving a female Uber driver in ARI in 2016 ..

https://www.pewterreport.com/per-report ... iver-2016/

Have not investigated any of it, but I'm sure we'll hear all about it soon ..
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Famous Jameis being investigated by NFL

Postby Plank » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 am

@PlankMelody

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm

At worst, Jameis is very likely a sexual predator.
At best, Jameis is without a doubt an absolute moron who makes awful decisions.

I don't like casting labels, but at this point, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc, it might all be true.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm

jaykay22 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm At worst, Jameis is very likely a sexual predator.

I don't like casting labels, but at this point, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc, it might all be true.
How many 1sts do you think he is worth now. 8?

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm
jaykay22 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm At worst, Jameis is very likely a sexual predator.

How many 1sts do you think he is worth now. 8?
I'd personally look to buy low for a package of 1.01 + DJ and a family sized Publix bag of crab legs. :thumbup:
#FreeCoreyDavis

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:12 pm

jaykay22 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 pm I'd personally look to buy low for a package of 1.01 + DJ and a family sized Publix bag of crab legs. :thumbup:
Bag of crab legs is win now mode. I'm all in!
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:38 pm

While trying to stay on topic and not getting too political, all this publicity does open the door to false claims.

Not saying guilty or innocent as it is, but as proven with Zeke - all you need is an accusation to cause problems.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Must admit, back in the day (like circa 2015), Jules did give me a few questionable likes. Did not make anything at the time, but now I feel like taking a long cold shower.

:lol:

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:38 pm While trying to stay on topic and not getting too political, all this publicity does open the door to false claims.

Not saying guilty or innocent as it is, but as proven with Zeke - all you need is an accusation to cause problems.
half full view - absolutely true. falsified claims are a real thing in our society. gotta feel a bit of compassion for that part of these guy's deals, especially compounded with how young JW was coming into the league.

half empty view - even discounting a generous # of the claims, seems more likely than not at least *some* of them are true. game over.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 pm

we'll see...I get uber rides for my buddies all the time
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:38 pm While trying to stay on topic and not getting too political, all this publicity does open the door to false claims.

Main difference with Zeke's situation and this situation, is that Zeke had a history with the person making the claim. Some random uber driver is extremely unlikely to make a claim like this just to make Winston's life difficult. Are there even charges being laid here? What is there for her to gain?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Main difference with Zeke's situation and this situation, is that Zeke had a history with the person making the claim. Some random uber driver is extremely unlikely to make a claim like this just to make Winston's life difficult. Are there even charges being laid here? What is there for her to gain?
Or he's someone who makes millions of dollars and the person sees an opportunity with all the "real claims" coming to light to get some money out of it?

Once again - not saying the claims are false and I'm sure there will be an investigation; but let us not pretend that money is not a motivator for a lot of people.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:27 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Or he's someone who makes millions of dollars and the person sees an opportunity with all the "real claims" coming to light to get some money out of it?

Once again - not saying the claims are false and I'm sure there will be an investigation; but let us not pretend that money is not a motivator for a lot of people.
Show some proof that this woman is seeking money. Otherwise, you're just passive aggressively insinuating that she's lying. Not much point in arguing with you on this as your use of "real claims" makes it pretty clear where you stand on this issue as a whole.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 am

ericanadian wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:27 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Show some proof that this woman is seeking money. Otherwise, you're just passive aggressively insinuating that she's lying. Not much point in arguing with you on this as your use of "real claims" makes it pretty clear where you stand on this issue as a whole.
Can you show me proof that she is not?
See how silly that sounds?

I'm not naive enough to automatically believe every accusation - plenty of them happen in this world. I believe in facts; there is nothing at this point to suggest it is a valid claim either.

It will be investigated - I believe in "innocent until proven guilty", even if most of society today does not.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:07 am

The driver, opted not to bring charges over fears of a backlash. But the recent outpouring of #metoo stories and allegations against other high-profile men changed her mind.

"He sexually assualted me, and I have every right to tell the damn truth," the driver said. "...I have empowered by my sisters who have forged this path by speaking up, and I must do my part to make it a little more traveled.

If I'm silent, I fear that further harm will come to other women - if it hasn't already."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.3640069

#metoo

This kind of stuff happens all the time, not all women are gold diggers, and when this does happen to them, they should be able to speak up without injury, I think we'll continue to see this more often and I can only hope that the culture changes.
@PlankMelody