Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Re: Mixon so far

Postby jimmychoi » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Servo wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:14 am Also some good perspective here,

"Per PFF, no offensive line has opened up fewer yards before contact per rush than #Bengals have for Joe Mixon (0.30). League average: 1.40." -Barfield
What I did watch, there was absolutely nothing created for inside runs, yet the coaches still call inside runs pretty often. Hopefully, we see the situation improve eventually.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:01 pm

jimmychoi wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm

"Per PFF, no offensive line has opened up fewer yards before contact per rush than #Bengals have for Joe Mixon (0.30). League average: 1.40." -Barfield
What I did watch, there was absolutely nothing created for inside runs, yet the coaches still call inside runs pretty often. Hopefully, we see the situation improve eventually.
Maybe, yet Bernard/Hill seem to be getting at least some running room. What a lot of these stats don't measure is how much is there not being any holes vs. how much is Mixon not finding them.

Interesting note that on 43 combined rushes for Bernard/Hill this year they have only two carries total that went for negative yards. On 52 rushes Mixon has EIGHT that went for negative yards, including -4, -4, and -5 in just the last game alone.

Small sample size but it seems like an awfully large disparity for it to simply be that the line suddenly gets worse when Mixon is in the game, especially given that this is exactly what the scouts were dinging Mixon for as his biggest negative when he was a prospect (for the very few that were willing to read past the off the field stuff).
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Vcize wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:01 pm
jimmychoi wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Maybe, yet Bernard/Hill seem to be getting at least some running room. What a lot of these stats don't measure is how much is there not being any holes vs. how much is Mixon not finding them.

Interesting note that on 43 combined rushes for Bernard/Hill this year they have only two carries total that went for negative yards. On 52 rushes Mixon has EIGHT that went for negative yards, including -4, -4, and -5 in just the last game alone.

Small sample size but it seems like an awfully large disparity for it to simply be that the line suddenly gets worse when Mixon is in the game, especially given that this is exactly what the scouts were dinging Mixon for as his biggest negative when he was a prospect (for the very few that were willing to read past the off the field stuff).
Barry Sanders had the most negative run plays back in his hay day. It is just something inherent in the style that both him and Mixon implement. They will take an inside run, see nothing there, they know they can make stuff happen on their own with their feet in space so they bounce to the outside, sometimes even backwards a bit. Then they navigate it as best they can, but when they get swarmed they lose yards, if they would have plowed into nothing then its is a -2 to +2 play for sure, but Sanders and Mixon have the confidence and ability to turn a nothing inside run into a chunk gain, but that also come with the risk of them not making the edge and getting got for a loss.

I wouldnt be worried about the amount of negative run plays unless it is a long term habit, but I think it is something that can easily be coached out of Mixon, and quickly to boot. That was one of the few flaws I saw in his game coming into the league is that he is ALWAYS looking for something better, risking a negative play to do it; instead of taking what is there and getting back to the LOS or a couple yards. Easily corrected with practice and a change of mindset from swing for the fences every time and strike out a few but get a few home runs to I know if I crush the ball I'll get a homer, but right now all I need is a bunt or a single. If youre picking up what Im putting down
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 am

As a casual observer I noticed Bernard’s better rushing stats. Bernard comes in on “pass plays” and then a run play is called...gets a few extra yards because the defense expects pass. I’d have to look at stats, but much seem to be to the outside. Mixon comes in, and right up the middle is the call in which their o line gets zero push and he’s hit behind the line. I have shares of Mixon, so I understand part of me, while trying to be objective, is defending him. I just think he’s a really good player.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:06 am

I see the whole team as crap.. Lewis has no creativity and doesn't put his players in position to make big plays he is old school and when the o line is terrible this is what u get .. the whole team of coaches need to be replaced Lewis has done chit with the talent he has ..he's no bill and cannot create when players leave , retire or are injured ..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 am

jimmychoi wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 am As a casual observer I noticed Bernard’s better rushing stats. Bernard comes in on “pass plays” and then a run play is called...gets a few extra yards because the defense expects pass. I’d have to look at stats, but much seem to be to the outside.
More than half Gio's carries come against light fronts. Mixon's is high too though around 40%

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:52 am
jimmychoi wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 am As a casual observer I noticed Bernard’s better rushing stats. Bernard comes in on “pass plays” and then a run play is called...gets a few extra yards because the defense expects pass. I’d have to look at stats, but much seem to be to the outside.
More than half Gio's carries come against light fronts. Mixon's is high too though around 40%
DD....Do you think some of Mixons issues are within the play calling? He seems to be run up the gut quite a few times. That’s as far from Cincy’s strength as possible.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:44 am

So I went and watched every Mixon snap vs Cle because I was concerned by his inefficiency. What I saw both made me happy, and alarmed. The good, he is a really good RB. I didnt see him leave any yards on the field. His run style is a double edged sword. That patience can lead him to big plays or taking a loss. Gio is up the field much quicker but lacks the power and patience Mixon possesses.

The bad, wow that Oline is sooooo bad. Multiple times Mixon was hit in the backfield or at the line.

The ugly, I dont see much improvement in Mixons fantasy output unless they use him heavily in the passing game this year. Also I dont expect much improvement the next 2 seasons unless the Bengals target Olinemen during the draft and free agency.
Those are just my thoughts so far.

P.S. they need to drop Hill.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 am

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:44 am So I went and watched every Mixon snap vs Cle
May I ask where you watched that?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:54 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 am
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:44 am So I went and watched every Mixon snap vs Cle
May I ask where you watched that?
I believe if you have NFL redzone there is a feature for this
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:08 am

NFL game pass

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am

There is also a guy on youtube who posts every play by a lot of players each week.

Its great for seeing what happened on each touch for an RB.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am There is also a guy on youtube who posts every play by a lot of players each week.

"Trill Highlights" is the one...but not surprisingly he didn't waste his time compiling touches for a box score like Mixon's in week 4.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am

Yes I also follow TrillHighlights as well.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:54 pm

btv802 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am
Phaded wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am There is also a guy on youtube who posts every play by a lot of players each week.

"Trill Highlights" is the one...but not surprisingly he didn't waste his time compiling touches for a box score like Mixon's in week 4.
Thats the one. Didnt remember it off the top of my head.