Rookie Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Rookie Rankings

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Giants wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:36 am
jtd1387 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 am Top 15ish rookies for me (off the top of my head - primarily play PPR):
*** Tier 1 ***
Fournette
Hunt
Cook
*** Tier 2 *** (more like 1.5 - much closer to tier 1 than tier 3)
Davis
CMC
Mixon
*** Tier 3 ***
Kamara
Cohen
Engram
Mike Williams
Ross
Foreman
Howard
Kupp
Golladay
Really? Engram who is not going to lose his spot for a long time and is getting better and better is gonna be in the same tier as guys like Mike Williams, John Ross, OJ Howard and Foreman?
Are you saying Mike Williams, John Ross, and OJ Howard are not getting better and will lose their spot?

ETA- I didn't put much thought into it and might have Engram too low, I just thought the reasoning was funny.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:55 am

rubber_duck wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:05 pm
Reljac wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:25 pm
rubber_duck wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:26 am Looking through this thread it surprised me how fast people have moved Hunt up their board. Which got me to wonder:

How many people that are currently ranking Hunt as the #1 overall rookie are trying to trade Fournette (or Mixon, or Davis, or CMC, or Cook) to get him? Are the trade offer out, and what were the results?

Just curious.
I own Mixon & McCaffrey in one league. I'd trade either straight up for Hunt. I like his running style. Injuries are unpredicatable, but I am confident by the end of the year, Hunt will be the higher ranked player.
Reljac, I'd give it a shot. Make the offer. You never know what the Hunt owner is thinking.
If you do, would you share the response?
Both offers were declined without comment within 12 hours and no counters. I doubt any Hunt owners are realistically going to move him for any other RB in this year class at the moment.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 am

jtd1387 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:11 pm
Are you saying Mike Williams, John Ross, and OJ Howard are not getting better and will lose their spot?

ETA- I didn't put much thought into it and might have Engram too low, I just thought the reasoning was funny.
Every rookie report I read indicated that Engram would have the best Fantasy year of the three TEs this season. I'm not sure anything we are seeing is a suprise with him compared to Njoku & OJ Howard. Given that we had that knowledge pre-draft, I don't understand how 40yards receiving per game is going to drastically alter the ranking of the three TEs.
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:04 am

Reljac wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:58 am
jtd1387 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Every rookie report I read indicated that Engram would have the best Fantasy year of the three TEs this season. I'm not sure anything we are seeing is a suprise with him compared to Njoku & OJ Howard. Given that we had that knowledge pre-draft, I don't understand how 40yards receiving per game is going to drastically alter the ranking of the three TEs.
Looking at the stat sheet is not gong to change your opinion on Engram as much as watching him play is.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 am

spider321 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:04 am
Looking at the stat sheet is not gong to change your opinion on Engram as much as watching him play is.
I've watched him play plenty. He's doing exactly what I expected him to do. If he's shocking you, maybe you should learn to scout better.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 am

Reljac wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 am
spider321 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:04 am
I've watched him play plenty. He's doing exactly what I expected him to do. If he's shocking you, maybe you should learn to scout better.
Lol
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James