The problem with Amari

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: The problem with Amari

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 pm While we're on the subject, is Norman gonna shadow Cooper? If so, can Cooper be started?
Generally when there are 2 good receivers on a team Norman tends to stay to one side of the field but even if they did have him shadow Cooper I wouldn't be worried, Cooper plays Jason Verrett twice a year (and gets shadowed by him most of the game against the Chargers) and averages about 75 yards and .5 a TD against the Chargers over the past two years. Granted I've always thought Norman was pretty overrated and benefited from hitting FA after a year where he enjoyed a very high-powered defense when Carolina was playing above their heads but at worst he's as good as Verrett and Cooper hasn't really had any issues with him.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:19 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:11 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 pm While we're on the subject, is Norman gonna shadow Cooper? If so, can Cooper be started?
Generally when there are 2 good receivers on a team Norman tends to stay to one side of the field but even if they did have him shadow Cooper I wouldn't be worried, Cooper plays Jason Verrett twice a year (and gets shadowed by him most of the game against the Chargers) and averages about 75 yards and .5 a TD against the Chargers over the past two years. Granted I've always thought Norman was pretty overrated and benefited from hitting FA after a year where he enjoyed a very high-powered defense when Carolina was playing above their heads but at worst he's as good as Verrett and Cooper hasn't really had any issues with him.
First off, Verrett isnt in the same class as Norman.

Second, Verrett missed almost all of last year with an ACL and he didn't face Cooper once.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Second, Verrett missed almost all of last year with an ACL and he didn't face Cooper once.
Lol^^

I don't think Norman shadows amari. However, if he does amari might get two catches. I'd explore other options.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:19 pm

My bad about the ACL, forgot how early he injured it, but Verrett's 2015 PFF grade was an 81.5, Norman's 2016 in his first season with the Skins was an 83.9 so I don't think they're that far off.

Either way I'm not worried about Norman, he may have only allowed a 50% catch rate last year but he gave up 13.3 yards per catch and 4 TDs (and factoring in the league high 14 penalties he drew it's closer to a 60% catch rate since some of those targets were held/interfered with) and even in week 1 this year with Alshon the clear #1 in Philly, Norman didn't even shadow him.

If you look at Ike Taylor's end of the year CB rankings he put Josh Norman at 5 but in the blurb he mentions how Norman didn't really shadow anybody and had a stupid amount of penalties, the only good thing he had to say about him and the reason he put him at 5 was because he played every snap, so that's something I guess (he also inexplicably put him ahead of CBs who are just clearly better than he is like Jenkins and Talib so I'd take those rankings with a huge grain of salt).
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 am

Yet another pathetic no show from a soft WR. .8 points.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 am Yet another pathetic no show from a soft WR. .8 points.
lol yep.

Given, the Raiders as a whole just got physically dominated.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:44 am

Phaded wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:43 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:38 am Yet another pathetic no show from a soft WR. .8 points.
lol yep.

Given, the Raiders as a whole just got physically dominated.
Yes, and as you and I agree on, Cooper doesn't step up above anything and make plays. He takes what's there and seems content. There's 0 fight in him. He looks uninterested most times.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:45 am

So, after last nights game are people still going to put Cooper into their line-ups week 4 against Denver? Clearly it depends on what options you have but in a PPR I could use Snead or JMatt instead. At the start of the year I figured Cooper was the one guy for sure I would be able to play each and every week regardless of match-up.

Long term I am not too worried, but that one drop he had last night was just ugly.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:49 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:45 am So, after last nights game are people still going to put Cooper into their line-ups week 4 against Denver? Clearly it depends on what options you have but in a PPR I could use Snead or JMatt instead. At the start of the year I figured Cooper was the one guy for sure I would be able to play each and every week regardless of match-up.

Long term I am not too worried, but that one drop he had last night was just ugly.
He's never done anything vs Denver. They're too smart and physical for him.

2015 4/47
2015 0/0 on 8 targets
2016 6/56 (wow!)
2016 4/39/1 (week 17 Denver probably sat their CBs hence the TD)

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:11 am

I would bench Cooper against the Broncos.
As Space Cowboy said, he is historically unimpressive.

Even "if" he gets open; with the way he is trending there is a high chance of him dropping the ball.

10 receptions and 6 drops on the season.
Yikes.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 am

Put Cooper on the block and got an instant offer. Bortles, breida, Lockett and rd 3 lol lol lol

Funny thing is in redraft that's about right for Cooper.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 am

Cooper was on my bench last week and that is where I expect him to remain for much of the rest of the season.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:26 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 am Put Cooper on the block and got an instant offer. Bortles, breida, Lockett and rd 3 lol lol lol

Funny thing is in redraft that's about right for Cooper.
Last year, in the last year of the keeper cycle, Cooper got traded for Cole Beasley
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 am

I haven't watched any of Amari this year. Seems like people are down on him. Where is his value now? Is he still definitely three 1sts like most studs, or has he dipped below that?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:00 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 am I haven't watched any of Amari this year. Seems like people are down on him. Where is his value now? Is he still definitely three 1sts like most studs, or has he dipped below that?
I bet you could get him for 2 Firsts, if one of them is from a poor team
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)