Penny will lead in touches in a committee
52%

Total votes: 94

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Chris Carson - Time to pay attention

Postby Servo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 am

More so from the standpoint that they commit to no one. If there was a bet that there'd be a new starting RB for them next year, I'd probably take it with this track record.

The entire narrative could have been different if Rawls or Prosise didn't go down respectively. But here we are.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 am

i got him in a couple places, but will try to sell. I did the same thing with Rawls and am happy how that turned out. Carson has done well, which really surprised me. I never thought much of him in college, even as part of a good offense that put up points and stats. He looked like JAG, but he is performing and if i have to hold, so be it. Seattle really balances using the hot hand, yet not afraid to have the 'next man up' mentality.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 am

They still have a very weak offensive line. That must be considered when discussing value and productivity of the rb position there. That problem likely isn't going away anytime soon. Their defense however should keep them in games and game situations should still get whomever is their primary back plenty of touches. My gut tells me that Carson took a big step toward becoming the primary ball carrier in Seattle. Time will tell.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:32 am

I own Rawls and Carson but didn't get to see any of the game. I see that Rawls only had 4 yards on 5 carries, did he look that bad or was it more the SF def was in the backfield before he had the chance to do anything? I did try to get Lacy this off season but luckily that deal never worked out.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Rawls carries came early in the game, then it was Carson the rest of the way. Carroll claims that they were "easing Raw's in" coming off the ankle injury. That may be the case, but Carson was more explosive, and created most of what he got on his own before the 4th-quarter when the 49er's were gassed. At that point, Carson had a couple of holes to run thorough and ripped off some big gains.

To your question about Rawls' carries, yes, the line play was pretty poor and he didn't have anywhere to go. But Carson played better with the same level of poor blocking, so he was able to at least gain some yardage. Seattle's offense looks pretty weak at this point, hopefully they can get it together, or the defense will have to carry the team on its back.

It's pretty clear that Carson is the preferred option moving forward as long as he's healthy. Rawls is #2, Prosise is #3, and Lacy is a distant 4th.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:59 pm

I think we'll still see Rawls get various series though a game but Carson will get 50-60% until (or if) he gives a reason not to. Carson looks like Marshawn Redux to me. To a previous poster's question about starting him week 3? I know I am going to anywhere I don't have better options. Against Tennessee, I could see 75 yards and a score. Another 1-2 receptions for 10 yards. 14 points in a ppr. I'll take it every day. As defenses adjust to stop him, it'll open things up for Wilson and the passing game. That'll develop more scoring opportunities for all. The snowball will start to roll. (No I'm not a Seahawks fan).

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:42 pm Rawls carries came early in the game, then it was Carson the rest of the way. Carroll claims that they were "easing Raw's in" coming off the ankle injury. That may be the case, but Carson was more explosive, and created most of what he got on his own before the 4th-quarter when the 49er's were gassed. At that point, Carson had a couple of holes to run thorough and ripped off some big gains.

To your question about Rawls' carries, yes, the line play was pretty poor and he didn't have anywhere to go. But Carson played better with the same level of poor blocking, so he was able to at least gain some yardage. Seattle's offense looks pretty weak at this point, hopefully they can get it together, or the defense will have to carry the team on its back.

It's pretty clear that Carson is the preferred option moving forward as long as he's healthy. Rawls is #2, Prosise is #3, and Lacy is a distant 4th.
Yup. As to the distribution I say Carson gets the majority of early down carries with Rawls spelling him and Prosise maintining his role in the passing game and Lacy as odd man out.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 am

Thanks for the recap, I don't have to start Carson or Rawls yet since I have Shady and Cohen, but good to know (at least for now) Carson is useable.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 am

Can anyone who knows how to break down game film (that would not be me) give any insight into how everyone missed this guy, assuming he's legit? The 249th overall draft pick in the 7th round, Matt Waldman didn't even profile him in the pre-draft RSP, he wasn't even ranked in DLF's top 50 rookie ADP until September, when he showed up at 24th.

Out of the blue he's the best back on the Seattle roster?

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:30 am

He didn't really start to do much until very late in the game. Most of his yards came on the very last drive. I wouldn't get crazy here saying he was amazing or anything. I have no idea what is with Rawls and if this is injury related or not.

This reminds me of Cook's first game (which I thought he looked pretty bad). Few big runs late and your stats look good. Probably the guy to own at the moment for sure but what is with this team.

Giants and Seattle have serious issues going on .

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:40 am

balaberda wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:30 am He didn't really start to do much until very late in the game. Most of his yards came on the very last drive. I wouldn't get crazy here saying he was amazing or anything. I have no idea what is with Rawls and if this is injury related or not.

This reminds me of Cook's first game (which I thought he looked pretty bad). Few big runs late and your stats look good. Probably the guy to own at the moment for sure but what is with this team.

:wall:

He didn't get opportunities early in the game, Rawls was in getting stuffed and Prosise was in for a ton of ineffective plays. On key drives to get the lead and then to get firsts to run out the clock they kept him in and they were the most effective drives they had all day and they won the game. If he didn't produce those "meaningless stats" the 49ers get the ball back and a chance to win. What are you even talking about.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

MarcoPolo25
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MarcoPolo25 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 am

I follow a few Seattle beat writers on Twitter. There was a lot of Carson noise coming out of preseason. We ended up having a late rookie draft this year. Snagged him with the second to last pick of the draft at 4.11! He was the one player I HAD to have this year. Super excited at this point!
12 team league
25 man roster
8 RB & 9 WR Restrictions
1QB 2RB 2WR 1RB/WR/TE flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
1pt PPR
Qb: Jackson, M. Jones, Huntley
RB: Cook, Chubb, Carson, Gaskin, R. Stephenson, Elijah Mitchell, Jeff Wilson Jr
WR: D. Adams, K. Allen, Juju, M. Williams, OBJ, Tylan Wallace, Darden, Deonte Harris
TE: Kelce, Engram, H. Bryant, Moreau, Gray
DST: Dal
K: Butker
Taxi:
IR:

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:31 am

_yeti wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:40 am
balaberda wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:30 am He didn't really start to do much until very late in the game. Most of his yards came on the very last drive. I wouldn't get crazy here saying he was amazing or anything. I have no idea what is with Rawls and if this is injury related or not.

:wall:

He didn't get opportunities early in the game, Rawls was in getting stuffed and Prosise was in for a ton of ineffective plays. On key drives to get the lead and then to get firsts to run out the clock they kept him in and they were the most effective drives they had all day and they won the game. If he didn't produce those "meaningless stats" the 49ers get the ball back and a chance to win. What are you even talking about.
It is clear we disagree here so it is fine.

welcat7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby welcat7 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am

I think Carson will be the back to own for the backfield, but until they get that line fixed, which seems could take 2 offseasons, im extremely weary.
12 team Dynasty, standard, 28 roster, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, DST, K
QB- Taylor, Wentz, McCarron, Beathard
RB- Hyde, J Allen, Abdullah, K Williams, Prosise, Smallwood, Perine, Carson, Mack, Aaron Jones
WR- OBJ, Evans, Watkins, Moncrief, JMatt, C Coleman, Shepard, C Davis
TE- Ertz, Doyle,
DST- Eagles, Titans
K- Tavecchio, Succop

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 am

jeffster wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 am Can anyone who knows how to break down game film (that would not be me) give any insight into how everyone missed this guy, assuming he's legit? The 249th overall draft pick in the 7th round, Matt Waldman didn't even profile him in the pre-draft RSP, he wasn't even ranked in DLF's top 50 rookie ADP until September, when he showed up at 24th.

Out of the blue he's the best back on the Seattle roster?
I snagged him in every league. Loved his film. Built like an NFL back. Passes the eye test.

Never had a run over 26 yards in college. Multiple injuries. only 5.1 ypc, while nice in the NFL, not much for college. Only had 30 receptions. When failing to crack 1000 yard goal his jr season, he basically blamed his line, not just himself, so character concerns. Teamwork ethic concerns.

Aside from all that, sticking strictly to the eyeball test, I like him a lot, and always have, and he was one of my favorite sleeper candidates. He's getting carries earlier than I thought. I never had faith in rawls, but tbh i was expecting more from Lacy.