Survivor Week 3

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Survivor Week 3

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 am

Not sure what the appropriate forum for this is, but here goes.

Entry 1 - Used LA Rams and Tampa Bay
Entry 2 - Used Falcons and Raiders

The easiest choice is NE at home against Houston, but the Indy match up at home against Cleveland is pretty enticing.. There is also GB at home against Cincy, but I don't like picking games where teams see a new look offense for the first time (Bengals OC change).

What do you all think?

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Survivor Week 3

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 am

I don't see the appeal of the Cleveland-Indy game. Neither team inspires me with any sort of confidence.

New England at home, versus a rookie QB, should be a lock to win.

We also agree on Green Bay. It looks good on paper, but there is a bad vibe going on there. Neither team has started the season all that well. So the bet would be that the Packers start hitting this week at home. This or NE will likely be my play.

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:57 am

rubber_duck wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 am I don't see the appeal of the Cleveland-Indy game. Neither team inspires me with any sort of confidence.
I suppose I should preface by saying there are 2,500 entries in a single elimination pool so I feel like I have a better shot of winning by deviating from the norm, even if it means picking tougher match ups.

Indy is favored in a non-conference game, at home and has a better percent chance of winning then GB according to Nate Silver. GB will be an option down the road and I can't say the same for Indy.

PSA: Just one humble man's opinion - I am not responsible for what happens on Sunday :thumbup:

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:04 am

Pats are a good shout.

I was looking at using either Mia, Pit or the Rams this week
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:06 am

Pittsburgh over Chicago has got to be the pick of the week. As a lifelong Bears fan I must say this is the worst passing attack I've ever seen in the Windy city and that is saying something. This wr corps is so bad it makes me opine about the days when Devin Hester was our number 1. Even though the game is in Chicago I would say that the Steelers are a lead pipe lock this week.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:34 am

I think GB is the pick of the week. The Bengals look horrible and GB is at home coming off a loss, that seems like an easy win to me.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:57 am
rubber_duck wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 am I don't see the appeal of the Cleveland-Indy game. Neither team inspires me with any sort of confidence.
I suppose I should preface by saying there are 2,500 entries in a single elimination pool so I feel like I have a better shot of winning by deviating from the norm, even if it means picking tougher match ups.

Indy is favored in a non-conference game, at home and has a better percent chance of winning then GB according to Nate Silver. GB will be an option down the road and I can't say the same for Indy.

PSA: Just one humble man's opinion - I am not responsible for what happens on Sunday :thumbup:
I get wanting to deviate from the norm, but I think Indy will have better matchups down the road once Luck returns, making them an easy save for me. I would want to part of Indy against Cleveland, in many places Cleveland is favoured.

In my pool I bought 3 lives, going New England, Green Bay, and the third is undecided still. Possibly looking at Baltimore.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:01 am

GB for me

myth010
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby myth010 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:18 am

What about Broncos at Bills, Broncos seems to be doing well on both sides of the ball and the Biills are Bills. It is an away game but should be an easy W for the Broncos.

ddaps
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ddaps » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 am

As a Steelers fan I would not feel confident at all picking them this week. They don't play well on the road and this is exactly the kind of game they have found ways to lose over the last few years. If you're going to pick a road team I think MIA @ NYJ is a better option, but I'm personally leaning towards NE or GB at home.
12 team PPR, 1QB/2WR/2RB/1TE/2Flex
QB: Newton, Allen
RB: Conner, A. Jones, Penny, A.P, J. Samuels, J. Williams, Edwards
WR: Evans, Thielen, Godwin, Coutee, Samuel, M. Lee, D. Parker, AB
TE: Kittle, Everett, Gronk

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 am

I think the choices for me would be between New England, Baltimore, Pittsburgh (if you didn't use them week 1--I did), and Miami. Because Pittsburgh is away and Miami is away AND a divisional game, I lean towards New England and Baltimore. I'll likely use the Pats this week, saving Baltimore for week 6 against Chicago.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:00 am

I'm surprised with all the Green Bay sentiment. I'm still wait and see on them, but they may be without Jordy & Cobb. I don't think the Bengals are very good, but they will be entering that game with extra days of rest (coming off a Thursday) and in a must win situation in my opinion after losing 2 at home. AJG will be fed the ball. I think it ends up closer than people expect, but only if Jordy & Cobb are out.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:12 am

Report on GB is that Cobb will play and Jordy is 50-50. Even without Jordy, I'd still take GB.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:13 am

Here's my breakdown of the most likely top picks this week....

NE vs HOU - Safest pick in my opinion and with a lot of iffy picks this week, a lot of people could get eliminated.
DEN at BUF - Debating this game only to save NE for week 6 vs the jets as there aren't many options that week.
GB vs CIN - Only thing that worries me here is new OC in Cincy and potential of Jordy and Cobb out.
MIA at NYJ - Staying away from this since it's a road divisional game and not putting my survivor life in the hands of Jay Cutler.
BAL vs JAX - No way I'm touching this game as it is in London England and that will affect the outcome for sure.

As for the OP, stating IND over CLE. There is no way I'm touching that game. The smart thing to do is save IND for when Luck is back.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Fantasyfanatic11 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:13 am Here's my breakdown of the most likely top picks this week....

NE vs HOU - Safest pick in my opinion and with a lot of iffy picks this week, a lot of people could get eliminated.
DEN at BUF - Debating this game only to save NE for week 6 vs the jets as there aren't many options that week.
GB vs CIN - Only thing that worries me here is new OC in Cincy and potential of Jordy and Cobb out.
MIA at NYJ - Staying away from this since it's a road divisional game and not putting my survivor life in the hands of Jay Cutler.
BAL vs JAX - No way I'm touching this game as it is in London England and that will affect the outcome for sure.

As for the OP, stating IND over CLE. There is no way I'm touching that game. The smart thing to do is save IND for when Luck is back.
Almost totally agree with this - I really think the Bills could upset the Broncos, though. The only other game I'd add back in, and make my #2 pick, is the Steelers at the Bears -- but most of us used Pittsburgh week one.

-oo-