Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Re: Diggs value

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 pm Is there anyone here today who's rushed to his defense that doesn't own him? Come on now. The talent is obvious. I just would've liked to see a little more, even in a tougher situation.
You said yourself that he missed out on a few big gains and he didn't have Bradford. Context is really important in these situations. I get that there's going to be some push/pull on player evaluations, but this just seems contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Also re: the inconsistency stuff, every single WR in the league is going to have off games.

How many firsts did you knock off of Julio's value after his week 3, 5, and 8 performances last year? Look at the bigger picture.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:31 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 pm Is there anyone here today who's rushed to his defense that doesn't own him? Come on now. The talent is obvious. I just would've liked to see a little more, even in a tougher situation.
Me, I don't own him anywhere .. its a mistake on my part. From what I've seen from him, I would put up with his hamstrings and groin pulls, he is electric .. I'm all in .
@PlankMelody

ChuckDiesel405
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ChuckDiesel405 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:34 pm

If anyone is selling at a discount, I'm buying. I'm not going to overreact over one game with a backup QB.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:44 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 am Not sure how "thoughts on him now" - in a dynasty format, would be much different than thoughts on him last week. :wtf:

Not sure how much we as a community can read into the effect of 1. a road game, 2. AT the Steelers, 3. Case Keenum. I mean.... :crazy:
I don't understand it either. The production for the entire offense was down yesterday. The funny thing is that Diggs actually still could've put up bigger numbers if Keenum had a pulse and the referees didn't make a terrible call on an OPI for Diggs.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:48 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm You said yourself that he missed out on a few big gains and he didn't have Bradford. Context is really important in these situations. I get that there's going to be some push/pull on player evaluations, but this just seems contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Also re: the inconsistency stuff, every single WR in the league is going to have off games.

How many firsts did you knock off of Julio's value after his week 3, 5, and 8 performances last year? Look at the bigger picture.
There really should be a larger discussion about consistency in fantasy football. Aside from a short list of players, it doesn't exist. Even look at someone like David Johnson from last season:

Games 1-4: 89, 45, 83, 83 rushing yards (75 yd/g)
Games 5-8: 157, 111, 113, 24 rushing yards (101.25 yd/g)
Games 9-12: 55, 103, 58, 84 rushing yards (75 yd/g)
Games 13-16: 80, 53, 95, 6 rushing yards (58.5 yd/g)

Of course, that goes without looking at his receiving numbers too, but it still speaks to the point.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Not really necessary for me to pump the brakes. I'm going 5 miles per hour here. I still value him at around a 1st and two 2nds. My valuation has not changed since last week. It just would've been nice to see a better game. Would've made me feel a little better about him becoming more consistent.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm
You said yourself that he missed out on a few big gains and he didn't have Bradford. Context is really important in these situations. I get that there's going to be some push/pull on player evaluations, but this just seems contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

You can't justify his inconsistency by saying every receiver is inconsistent. Essentially half of his yards came from three games last year. That's more than just your typical week-to-week variation.

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:37 pm

You can't justify his inconsistency by saying every receiver is inconsistent. Essentially half of his yards came from three games last year. That's more than just your typical week-to-week variation.
Check the splits. Diggs was the WR3 overall last season when he wasn't listed on the injury report.

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/stat ... 1285096449

Do some research son. :crazy:

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:39 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Check the splits. Diggs was the WR3 overall last season when he wasn't listed on the injury report.

Whew, you're annoying

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 pm

The WR he gets compared to frequently here had 3 catches for most of the game until a couple towards the end to get to 5 for 62. Obviously Brown has done it for much longer but it's difficult to measure consistency after just 2 games especially with 2 different QBs. Looks like the pendulum swinging the other way.

jimbonyc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jimbonyc » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:06 pm

How do you folks like him compared to Sammy Watkins? Who would you rather have next 5 years?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 pm

jimbonyc wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:06 pm How do you folks like him compared to Sammy Watkins? Who would you rather have next 5 years?
Equal injury history, so give me the guy who has repeatedly shown top-5 WR ability (not knocking Diggs at all, both are great talents)
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 pm

onetwothree wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 pm The WR he gets compared to frequently here had 3 catches for most of the game until a couple towards the end to get to 5 for 62. Obviously Brown has done it for much longer but it's difficult to measure consistency after just 2 games especially with 2 different QBs. Looks like the pendulum swinging the other way.
Keenum is starting Week 3 as well.

The chances for Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph to put up numbers are diminishing the longer Bradford is out. It could end up being a while, with Bradford getting a 2nd opinion.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 pm
onetwothree wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 pm The WR he gets compared to frequently here had 3 catches for most of the game until a couple towards the end to get to 5 for 62. Obviously Brown has done it for much longer but it's difficult to measure consistency after just 2 games especially with 2 different QBs. Looks like the pendulum swinging the other way.
Keenum is starting Week 3 as well.

The chances for Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph to put up numbers are diminishing the longer Bradford is out. It could end up being a while, with Bradford getting a 2nd opinion.
As a non Diggs owner, I am hoping this allows me to buy low on him in a few weeks. I dig Diggs.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Ok now go through every receiver and do the same with the injury report, then redo the rankings. That's the definition of manipulating stats to support your narrative.

Come on do some more research son

Tha fact that those kind of reports are out there is telling.