Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:48 pm

Plank wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm Phaded hates on everyone .. :P He's the wet blanket of the forums. :lol:
You know me so well, Plank.
:)

I just believe someone has to play devils advocate and it cannot be all sunshine and rainbows.

Really though, I am not say anything conclusive about Hunt as it is far too early. I just believe it is worth monitoring as chasing RBs that inflate those stats with a single run is often very risky.

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:48 pm

It's amazing to see a decent offensive line go to work as well. I'm a Mixon and Miller owner, and I just cringe when I watch them try to run block. I understand he's not transcendent, but I'm enjoying having him in my lineup.
jeffster wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm
KU Sucks wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am I'm a Chiefs homer & excited about Hunt, but everybody is missing out on what is helping to open those holes at the second level; the Chiefs are throwing the ball downfield. Neither the Pats or Iggles loaded up the box, that maybe changing soon. Until then "GO CHIEFS"!
Seriously, Alex Smith is basically the QB1 in most formats after two weeks.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Philly has one of the best front 7's in football. 62% of Hunt's runs against them last week were against 8 men in the box. Two more were against 9 in the box. None came against fewer than 7 in the box.

Between the front 7 and the way they sold out to stop the run this was about as bad a matchup as there will be all year, and he still managed to find a way to put up 25 fantasy points.

Obviously there will be ups and downs, but it's nice to see it wasn't just a weak NE defense and he's capable of producing when the deck is stacked against him as well. Should be a fun season.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm

On Hunt's 53 yard TD, it looks like at least one, if not multiple, LBs screwed up on their gap assignments. Look at the run objectively and Hunt literally just runs straight forward to open space. So yes, long runs do count, but the point is Spence Ware or just about any decent NFL RB would have had the same result. On Hunt's other 12 carries, he had 28 yards(2.3ypc). Hunt has done some things very well, but the hype is out of control.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm

dm1129 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm On Hunt's 53 yard TD, it looks like at least one, if not multiple, LBs screwed up on their gap assignments. Look at the run objectively and Hunt literally just runs straight forward to open space. So yes, long runs do count, but the point is Spence Ware or just about any decent NFL RB would have had the same result. On Hunt's other 12 carries, he had 28 yards(2.3ypc). Hunt has done some things very well, but the hype is out of control.
I disagree.

Those kind of opportunities aren't uncommon in the NFL, where there is a big hole that gets the runner up to the safeties. But they are not often turned into long TDs. Either the safety makes the tackle or, more commonly, at least slows the runner down enough for the rest of the defense to pile on.

On that play Hunt made a subtle, early cut to create a bad angle for the safety that not only allowed him to beat the safety, but more importantly beat him without slowing down. That's what creates those long runs. We all love watching the SPARQ guys make some sick jump cut or spin move on the safety and we all high five when they do it while 5 defenders drag him down from behind for a 12 yard gain that could have been 53 if he'd beaten the safety with something a little more subtle that didn't slow him down as much.

Instincts and vision are an important part of a RBs talent, but that seems to be something people overlook so commonly. That's the reason that Joe Mixon isn't even a starting RB right now even though message board warriors were sure all that the SPARQ stud had to do was not punch any women even as the scouting reports filled with mentions of his poor instincts and vision around the line of scrimmage, while SPARQ duds Hunt and Cook are relying on their elite vision and instincts to run away from guys like him in fantasy value despite their average athleticism.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Vcize wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm
dm1129 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 pm On Hunt's 53 yard TD, it looks like at least one, if not multiple, LBs screwed up on their gap assignments. Look at the run objectively and Hunt literally just runs straight forward to open space. So yes, long runs do count, but the point is Spence Ware or just about any decent NFL RB would have had the same result. On Hunt's other 12 carries, he had 28 yards(2.3ypc). Hunt has done some things very well, but the hype is out of control.
I disagree.

Those kind of opportunities aren't uncommon in the NFL, where there is a big hole that gets the runner up to the safeties. But they are not often turned into long TDs. Either the safety makes the tackle or, more commonly, at least slows the runner down enough for the rest of the defense to pile on.

On that play Hunt made a subtle, early cut to create a bad angle for the safety that not only allowed him to beat the safety, but more importantly beat him without slowing down. That's what creates those long runs. We all love watching the SPARQ guys make some sick jump cut or spin move on the safety and we all high five when they do it while 5 defenders drag him down from behind for a 12 yard gain that could have been 53 if he'd beaten the safety with something a little more subtle that didn't slow him down as much.

Instincts and vision are an important part of a RBs talent, but that seems to be something people overlook so commonly. That's the reason that Joe Mixon isn't even a starting RB right now even though message board warriors were sure all that the SPARQ stud had to do was not punch any women even as the scouting reports filled with mentions of his poor instincts and vision around the line of scrimmage, while SPARQ duds Hunt and Cook are relying on their elite vision and instincts to run away from guys like him in fantasy value despite their average athleticism.
Haha, ok. Yeah, you're defiitely drinking the kool aid.

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:25 am

I know this isn't a mixon thread, and I have shares of Hunt, but I'm still trying my best to truly understand why people have stated Mixon's vision is so bad. Anyway, I'm just happy Hunt continues to get opportunities and points on the board

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 am

Vcize wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm Philly has one of the best front 7's in football. 62% of Hunt's runs against them last week were against 8 men in the box. Two more were against 9 in the box. None came against fewer than 7 in the box.

Between the front 7 and the way they sold out to stop the run this was about as bad a matchup as there will be all year, and he still managed to find a way to put up 25 fantasy points.

Obviously there will be ups and downs, but it's nice to see it wasn't just a weak NE defense and he's capable of producing when the deck is stacked against him as well. Should be a fun season.
Nice post, I agree :thumbup:

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:05 am

There are a number of things he did that get me particularly excited with his prospects:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO8r5-8-1S0

In week 2, he definitely showed good balance and was hard to bring down. What I really like is how hard he fought for extra yards and his ability to find holes in crowded situations. If he keeps injury free and fighting like he does in this weeks highlight, I think it's hard to see a scenario where he doesn't go into next year as a coveted option. Hard to deny a player who is putting points on the field.

I'm not sure about all the sudden 8man in the box analysis as I didn't see that in any way impactful in these highlights. He didn't face many 5 man lines and was more of a 4-4 when it did appear in these highlights, often with the 8th man blitzing the QB or dropping into coverage, it's more likely they were using it to camouflage their defensive alignment.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:32 pm

I did not think he would have a high point production game at first. I need to stop doubting the rocket.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Hunt is legit, plain and simple. Obviously it helps that he plays for a coach and in a scheme that's known for successful RB production, but the kid has far exceeded anything I thought he'd do. I'm happy to have a couple of shares of him , but sad that I don't have more and that I traded a share of him away for Martavis back before Ware get injured.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:14 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:41 pm Hunt is legit, plain and simple. Obviously it helps that he plays for a coach and in a scheme that's known for successful RB production, but the kid has far exceeded anything I thought he'd do. I'm happy to have a couple of shares of him , but sad that I don't have more and that I traded a share of him away for Martavis back before Ware get injured.
Yeah, he's great and like you said, he's legit. I was lucky enough to get him in 3 startups and then was able to get him straight up for Willie Snead, of course, before Ware was hurt and Snead was suspended, timing is everything.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:05 am

His start this year has been pretty incredible, to say the least but I'm agreeing with Phaded.

Hunt has broken these huge/enormous runs in every game so far................is it the result of the OL, Hunt's own prowess and is it sustainable? I don't think you can just stack the box and leave Kelce/Tyreek out to move freely but it'll definitely be something to watch how teams adjust to KC's running game

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:27 am

Not trying to take anything away from Hunt but let's call a spade a spade. He's a good (and if pressed I will concede very good) player with a versatile skill set in a great situation. He has so much room to run it's ridiculous. Think Devonta Freeman with the Falcons. Alex Smith is playing out of his mind and Hunt is averaging 8.3 YPC. Long term, these things are not going to last. I'm saying this as a person who was touting Hunt as a safer prospect than CMC and Cook, so that probably put me higher on Hunt that 99% of the dynasty community before the season started. I'm not a Hunt hater, I'm happy that he's succeeding. All that said, we simply need to be realistic about what Hunt is and manage our expectations accordingly. We've seen rookies get out to red hot starts and then the next season things aren't the same. Gurley in 2015, Howard in 2016. It happens every year. All I'm asking is try not to define Hunt solely by what he has done in 3 games.

freddog97
Role Player
Role Player

Postby freddog97 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:59 am

Servo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:05 am His start this year has been pretty incredible, to say the least but I'm agreeing with Phaded.

Hunt has broken these huge/enormous runs in every game so far................is it the result of the OL, Hunt's own prowess and is it sustainable? I don't think you can just stack the box and leave Kelce/Tyreek out to move freely but it'll definitely be something to watch how teams adjust to KC's running game
He had 16-103=6.4YPC before the 69 yard run to ice the game. I haven't seen the game yet but 16-103 is pretty dang good before the massive run...
20 team(2 copy) superflex Devy PPR(.5 RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) .25PPC
QBs: Lawrence, Darnold
RBs: Swift, Walker III, Pierce, Allgeier
WRs: Lamb, Higgins, Jeudy, Wilson(NYJ), Olave, Flowers, Cooks, Davis, Doubs
TE: Engram Kincaid Kmet Schoonmaker
Devy: Marvin Harrison Jr
2024: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th