Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gunslinger
Captain
Captain

Re: Diggs value

Postby gunslinger » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:29 am

I was listening to the Labor Day Moving the Chains radio show, and they interviewed Adam Thielen, and on several occasions he mentioned Michael Floyd. His voice mannerisms was that he knows something big is coming when he returns too.

I'm not sure how much I trust Floyd, but for dynasty purposes, he would be a buy low target now, especially with the Diggs cost skyrocketing. I felt this Floyd nugget was relevant to this Diggs discussion.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:16 am

gunslinger wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:29 am I was listening to the Labor Day Moving the Chains radio show, and they interviewed Adam Thielen, and on several occasions he mentioned Michael Floyd. His voice mannerisms was that he knows something big is coming when he returns too.

I'm not sure how much I trust Floyd, but for dynasty purposes, he would be a buy low target now, especially with the Diggs cost skyrocketing. I felt this Floyd nugget was relevant to this Diggs discussion.
Floyd isn't relevant to Diggs, Thielen or Rudolph. It could impact Treadwell's chances of staying in 3WR sets though.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:28 am

I tried buying Treadwell this offseason but the owner wanted a 2018 1st so I passed and ended up trading 5% of my WW budget to get Floyd instead. I currently own Thielen in that league so I figured it was an insurance policy at the end of my bench just in case.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 am

gunslinger wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:29 am I was listening to the Labor Day Moving the Chains radio show, and they interviewed Adam Thielen, and on several occasions he mentioned Michael Floyd. His voice mannerisms was that he knows something big is coming when he returns too.

Assume Zimmer sticking with him to this point means they have plans for him and like him enough to want to deal w/ it.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 pm

Really starting to think Diggs could come close to Antonio Brown, I've been really hesitant on him because of the frequency of hamstrings and groin pulls, but man, he really is tearing it up ..

CB Sean Davis played with Diggs at Maryland and he said he loved playing against him there because it made him a much better corner .. so if Diggs runs into better coverage this week, it may be due to scheme help from Davis..
@PlankMelody

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am

He didn't have Bradford and just missed out on a few big gains, so he gets some credit, but Diggs had a disappointing game. Thoughts on him now? I'm optimistic he'll be more consistent this year, but it would've been nice to see a little more.

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:55 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am He didn't have Bradford and just missed out on a few big gains, so he gets some credit, but Diggs had a disappointing game. Thoughts on him now? I'm optimistic he'll be more consistent this year, but it would've been nice to see a little more.
One game with Case Keenum at the helm and playing against a top 5 defense doesn't really seem like a good argument for me to change my opinion on the rest of Diggs' body of work so far.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 am

Not sure how "thoughts on him now" - in a dynasty format, would be much different than thoughts on him last week. :wtf:

Not sure how much we as a community can read into the effect of 1. a road game, 2. AT the Steelers, 3. Case Keenum. I mean.... :crazy:

Bottom line is quite simple. If you are a critic of Diggs and don't believe in the talent - sure - this game then for you confirms he isn't qb proof or match up proof, if you are a believer, you look at this game and shrug your shoulders and say.... in this crazy game of NFL football, these things happen to the best of them. Then you move on and hope like heck that Bradford gets back under center. Case Keenum is not a top notch NFL back up. I mean.... why the heck didn't the Vikings pick up Kaepernick.... ? :wall:

In the deal I made a couple weeks back, I received Diggs and a 2018 2nd for Jordan Howard. Jordan Howard crapped the bed yesterday. Not the right forum for this question but.... How do we feel about HIM now? See what I mean, we can micro analyze all we want with whomever we want. In dynasty formats, one has to be careful of micro-anaylizing. ie; (Reading too much into small sample sizes)
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:03 am

Yeah I still really like Diggs .. maybe a good week to try to buy him everywhere ..
@PlankMelody

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am

JFever wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 am Not sure how "thoughts on him now" - in a dynasty format, would be much different than thoughts on him last week. :wtf:

Not sure how much we as a community can read into the effect of 1. a road game, 2. AT the Steelers, 3. Case Keenum. I mean.... :crazy:

Bottom line is quite simple. If you are a critic of Diggs and don't believe in the talent - sure - this game then for you confirms he isn't qb proof or match up proof, if you are a believer, you look at this game and shrug your shoulders and say.... in this crazy game of NFL football, these things happen to the best of them. Then you move on and hope like heck that Bradford gets back under center. Case Keenum is not a top notch NFL back up. I mean.... why the heck didn't the Vikings pick up Kaepernick.... ? :wall:

In the deal I made a couple weeks back, I received Diggs and a 2018 2nd for Jordan Howard. Jordan Howard crapped the bed yesterday. Not the right forum for this question but.... How do we feel about HIM now? See what I mean, we can micro analyze all we want with whomever we want. In dynasty formats, one has to be careful of micro-anaylizing. ie; (Reading too much into small sample sizes)
"Thoughts on him now" is a very appropriate question for Diggs specifically. He has a history of being inconsistent. Were he to come out and put up another great game his value would've solidified in my mind at right around 2 firsts. Because he didn't we still have questions, regardless of the circumstances.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am
JFever wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:09 am Not sure how "thoughts on him now" - in a dynasty format, would be much different than thoughts on him last week. :wtf:

"Thoughts on him now" is a very appropriate question for Diggs specifically. He has a history of being inconsistent. Were he to come out and put up another great game his value would've solidified in my mind at right around 2 firsts. Because he didn't we still have questions, regardless of the circumstances.
I agree to an extent, but now isn't exactly a fair time to ask "thoughts on him now" because the context of week 2 is extremely important in his case; stats will not tell the full story here. There were a few factors entirely out of his control at play.
Last edited by Seventy5 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:41 am

I understand we don't want to overreact, but it seemed appropriate to continue the conversation after a down week and not just after weeks where he blows up. I made sure to qualify that he had a few things working against him.

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am

So far we have 2 weeks of 2017. Week 1 the Vikings had 470 total yards with 371 passing yards. Week 2 they had 237 total yards with 146 passing yards, without their starting QB who wasn't scratched until a couple of hours before the game. I don't think any of us would be surprised if both of these games ending up being the highest and lowest yardage output by the Vikings all year. So trying to figure out if Diggs can be "consistent" between 2 extreme games doesn't seem like the best idea.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:54 am

Remember when Antonio brown had Landry jones? Smaller guys like he and diggs need accurate seasoned qbs who will anticipate their cuts and breaks and let them use their extra gear to go and make plays that might be out of their reach.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Is there anyone here today who's rushed to his defense that doesn't own him? Come on now. The talent is obvious. I just would've liked to see a little more, even in a tougher situation.