Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby kadun2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:30 pm

He runs with determination. Hes very hard to tackle in the open field. Not that he is so fast, he is just sturdy and strong. That was a good encore to week one...

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Jamal Charles who? Hunt looks amazing. lol I had perine > hunt

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm

And this (Hunt) folks, is why it's important to come down here for Senior Bowl week! Lol

Before he officially accepted his invitation to attend I didn't know much about him, but then I dug into his tape and got to see him up close and I was sold...and the "rest is history"

:P
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 pm

I own Ware/West, and drafted Hunt at 1.07 while thinking Ware would be the starter for at least the first half of the season, with Hunt getting some work. With the exception of a few players, you can't predict injuries. While I did feel that I was drafting a future bell cow, under no circumstances did I expect Hunt to get off to this kind of start.

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 am

Coogan, was he under the radar because of his smaller school status? He does look the part out there. I liked from early summer because he's compact and powerful for his size and very shifty.
Coogan Football wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm And this (Hunt) folks, is why it's important to come down here for Senior Bowl week! Lol

Before he officially accepted his invitation to attend I didn't know much about him, but then I dug into his tape and got to see him up close and I was sold...and the "rest is history"

Last edited by jimmychoi on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am

His final stat line was nice - but it was saved by his long TD run. Before that, he did not look good and was averaging just over 2ypc.

Something to be mindful of moving forward if you own him.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:52 am

Many are doubting him but not his coach. Sure he will have some bad weeks and the haters will be all over that. The fact is he's in an offense that looks really good and as long as that continues and he remains healthy he is going to have success.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:17 am

AzTheCrow wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:52 am Many are doubting him but not his coach. Sure he will have some bad weeks and the haters will be all over that. The fact is he's in an offense that looks really good and as long as that continues and he remains healthy he is going to have success.
Are there actually any haters left? I was never really a hater, but I was fairly indifferent to the guy and ended up with him nowhere (other than in a redraft league that drafted literally the morning after Ware went down, when I stole Hunt in the 5th round).

I suppose we could argue over whether he can hold on and finish as a top-half RB1, or will just have to settle for a lower-half RB1...

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:13 am

jimmychoi wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 am Coogan, was he under the radar because of his smaller school status? He does look the part out there. I liked from early summer because he's compact and powerful for his size and very shifty.
Coogan Football wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 pm And this (Hunt) folks, is why it's important to come down here for Senior Bowl week! Lol

Not sure, but that probably was a primary factor. As soon as I turned on the tape I became intrigued, same thing with Jamaal Williams.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am

I'm a Chiefs homer & excited about Hunt, but everybody is missing out on what is helping to open those holes at the second level; the Chiefs are throwing the ball downfield. Neither the Pats or Iggles loaded up the box, that maybe changing soon. Until then "GO CHIEFS"!

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm

KU Sucks wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am I'm a Chiefs homer & excited about Hunt, but everybody is missing out on what is helping to open those holes at the second level; the Chiefs are throwing the ball downfield. Neither the Pats or Iggles loaded up the box, that maybe changing soon. Until then "GO CHIEFS"!
Seriously, Alex Smith is basically the QB1 in most formats after two weeks.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am His final stat line was nice - but it was saved by his long TD run. Before that, he did not look good and was averaging just over 2ypc.

Fair point, but that's just life in the NFL.

Kluivert
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kluivert » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Phaded wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 am His final stat line was nice - but it was saved by his long TD run. Before that, he did not look good and was averaging just over 2ypc.

But long TD runs count as well.
10 teams superflex - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST - 30 keepers

QB: M. Ryan, Keenum, Mahomes, Mayfield, D. Jones
RB: Barkley, Connor, Cook, Hunt, Chubb, Rojo, Nyheim Hines, Hyde
WR: OBJ, Adams, M. Thomas, Juju, Kupp, Campbell, Hardman, Z. Jones, Treadwell, Doss
TE: Kelce, OJ Howard, Hockenson, Henry
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: Vikings

2015 Champion
2017 Champion
2018 Champion

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Kluivert wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:10 pm

But long TD runs count as well.
Of course they do, I did not say they did not.
You are clearly missing the point of me saying that, though.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Phaded hates on everyone .. :P He's the wet blanket of the forums. :lol:
@PlankMelody