Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Confined1
Role Player
Role Player

Re: The official Joe Mixon thread

Postby Confined1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:04 pm

I really like Mixon, looks like a stud. Definitely in the same category with mccaffrey/fournette/cook
10 Team PPR Dynasty League

"Run CMC"

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Christian McCaffrey

RB: David Montgomery

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Mike Evans

TE: Travis Kelce

Flex: Stefon Diggs

K: Harrison Butker

D: Vikings

Bench: Mitchell Trubisky, Phillip Lindsay, Devin Singletary, Derrius Guice, Justice Hill, Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:43 am

I had no plans of grabbing Mixon but I ended up snatching him at 1.07 in one league since I was not crazy about anyone else.

That said, is Mixon a better runner than Hill? Probably. As fantasy owners it is easy for us to want the yardage.

However there is a lot more to the actual game than just grabbing the ball and running. I have read he is making a fair amount of mistakes and mental errors. I chalk this up to growing pains of being a rookie and it is completely normal.

Once he cleans this up and fine tunes his game, he will get a better opportunity. However, if you were expecting a lot this year you will likely be disappointed.

cookiecrisp13
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby cookiecrisp13 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:58 am

On the preseason fumble: A little far off from when this was mentioned- but the announcers were speaking as if Mixon mistakenly thought it was going to be a fake handoff. Probably doesn't change too much, still a mental error, but figured I'd ad my 2 cents.

For why I fell in love with Mixon watch this youtube video of his play vs Texas Tech.
==2016 Champion==
12 Team PPR, Start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, W/R/T
QBs: Tannehill,, W. Levis
RBs: B. Hall, B. Robinson, D. Achane
WRs: JSN, C. Olave, K. Toney, R. Moore
TEs: Kittle , Likely, Mcbride
Taxi: J. Addison, CJ Stroud
2024 Picks: 4x1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Mixon so far

Postby AussieMate » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:41 am

So, I took mixon over Davis in the draft (was fine for wr before losing arob). Probably made a bad choice but I like to swing for players I fall for. Haven't watched any Bengals games so far either, was wondering if any game watchers can weigh in on what they have seen so far. Box score looks bad for the entire offence but would like some eyetest reports if I could get some.
Not expecting anything huge but maybe a glimmer of hope lol

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mixon so far

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:22 am

He's looked just fine. He hasn't been an RB1 like Hunt, LF, or Cook, but they are anomalies for week 1 rookie RB performances
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 am

For week 1 and 2 Mixon has had the most carries but second most snap counts behind Gio (for week 1 at least). He did however average the most on yardage last night at just over 4 YPC. The Bengals need to clean up this rotation and commit to Mixon or Mixon/Gio at this point for the sake of their season. If they commit to him and give him the carries to find his rhythm I think he'll begin to show what we saw in college.

Also, last night the combination of Gio and Hill accounted for 27 yards on 11 carried whereas Mixon had 9 carries for 36 yards. Those carries would be more beneficial to the Bengals in the hands of Mixon.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 am

The talent is there. I think Lewis is outsmarting himself. Long term, my view on Mixon hasn't changed. Did you see the move he put on Watts? :shock:

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:11 am

Just saw it, like his move on Norman. I fell in love with that cut from his college tape :surprised:

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:30 am

jimmychoi wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 am The talent is there. I think Lewis is outsmarting himself. Long term, my view on Mixon hasn't changed. Did you see the move he put on Watts? :shock:
This exactly, its not him its his dumpster fire QB play, its affecting everyone
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 am

I am not a Mixon fan but I have him in one league because he slid and I grabbed him as inmediate value.

That said, if you drafted him for immediate production you are doing it wrong. It was obvious immediate production would not be there. The combination of a horrid offensive line, Marvin Lewis and 2 other RBs who have a role will not be overcome this year.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:29 am

Mascott93 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 am For week 1 and 2 Mixon has had the most carries but second most snap counts behind Gio (for week 1 at least). He did however average the most on yardage last night at just over 4 YPC. The Bengals need to clean up this rotation and commit to Mixon or Mixon/Gio at this point for the sake of their season. If they commit to him and give him the carries to find his rhythm I think he'll begin to show what we saw in college.

Also, last night the combination of Gio and Hill accounted for 27 yards on 11 carried whereas Mixon had 9 carries for 36 yards. Those carries would be more beneficial to the Bengals in the hands of Mixon.
That's some cherry picking there on one game. YTD, Mixon has 45 yards on 17 carries to Hill/Gio 93 yards on 24 carries. This also doesn't take into account pass blocking which is extremely important to the Bengals right now.

The move on Watt was nice, but Watt was already falling down.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:36 am

That was a sick move on Watt. I don't know that Watt was falling down, he may have been lunging at Mixon, who was just getting the handoff from Dalton.

Mixon looks fine to me. Good agility, power & speed. As others have said, Marvin Lewis is outsmarting himself & dividing up the snaps. Mixon is clearly the better back. The Bengals offense is atrocious right now. I'd point to the o-line & Andy Dalton.

We'll just have to wait it out.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:34 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 am
That said, if you drafted him for immediate production you are doing it wrong. It was obvious immediate production would not be there. The combination of a horrid offensive line, Marvin Lewis and 2 other RBs who have a role will not be overcome this year.
This. I live here in Cincy and watched all their preseason and first two games. Their O-line is even worse than i thought it would be. Mixon is a timeshare back behind one of the worst offense lines in the league. It's going to be ugly for all involved in that offense this season
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:04 am

The difference is Marvin Lewis still starts Jeremy Hill (for some dumbass reason) and gives him 10 carries or touches, along with Gio being a factor (which is fine). I swear I saw on multiple 3rd and shorts last night where they gave the ball to Gio.....like wtf are you doing?

-Fournette has 0 competition outside of Ivory giving him a breather every few plays.
-Hunt has now be given 0 competition with Ware going down.
-Cook has 0 competition b/c Murray missed the entire preseason and fumbled on one of his first touches.

With Dalton looking like complete bleep, and not scoring in 2 games, Marvin Lewis&OC don't seem to be long for their respective jobs.

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:28 am

Marvin Lewis will be gone after this year and they can get out of Dalton's contract starting next year. The new regime will come in, give Dalton a 1-year prove it season, and with Hill gone, Mixon will be the lead back with Gio giving him some breaks.

If anyone drafted Mixon to produce this year, you're going to be disappointed. He didn't fall in to a situation where he was going to produce in year 1, but I still think he's the most talented overall RB from this draft class.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely