CHI WRs to own?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kamihamster
Captain
Captain

CHI WRs to own?

Postby kamihamster » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:31 am

Meredith and White are out for the season.

Wright, Wheaton, Bellamy, McBride, Randle, Thompson are the WRs left and there's Gentry on the Practice Squad. Which of these guys are you putting bids on the WW for?

Wright is owned in most of my leagues, but the rest can be found on the WW. Who are you targeting and what % of your FAAB are you spending on them?
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Re: CHI WRs to own?

Postby Reljac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:35 am

Gentry just called off the practice squad. In terms of value... he's worth a gamble. Coaches seemed excited about him. Kendall Wright will have value but the rest of those guys are JAGs. I'd prolly go Gentry for long term value. Wright if you need immediate value.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

Do you have to have one? The WR to own will come to the team next year. If you have to choose one, Bellamy keeps making plays. He's not great but I could see him getting a greater share.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:14 pm

Seems like a total crap shoot which will lack consistent value. I guess grab whoever you can for free and hope for the best.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Mefisto wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm Do you have to have one? The WR to own will come to the team next year. If you have to choose one, Bellamy keeps making plays. He's not great but I could see him getting a greater share.
Yeah, I see very little reason to want to own any Bears WR right now. Their offense is not going to be receiver friendly this season. Wright may be the best of the bunch, but no consistency comes with that.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:42 pm

kamihamster wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:31 am Meredith and White are out for the season.

Wright, Wheaton, Bellamy, McBride, Randle, Thompson are the WRs left and there's Gentry on the Practice Squad. Which of these guys are you putting bids on the WW for?

Wright is owned in most of my leagues, but the rest can be found on the WW. Who are you targeting and what % of your FAAB are you spending on them?
The Bears released Randle with an injury settlement. I'd have to be incredibly desperate to want to roll with any of these guys short term. Wheaton, White, Thompson & Bellamy will all get a shot. I guess if I had any faith in any of those guys, I would consider one of them.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

I'd target Gentry with the expectation that Trubisky will be the starter sooner than later. Just a lottery ticket. Don't give up anything of value to obtain or pass over someone usable to get but no issues skipping the other Bears WRs.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm

I'm adding Gentry tomorrow. When Trubisky finally takes over could be his favorite target. Ya never know!!
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Deonte Thompson is 6'0" and ran a 4.23 at his Pro Day, making him the biggest and fastest, and he got the most snaps after White left the game. I think he's worth a shot, but he's 28. Long term, Tre McBride has good metrics and is young, but he still doesn't look to be in line for any playing time. If he starts getting into games I might pick him up.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:21 am

onetwothree wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm I'd target Gentry with the expectation that Trubisky will be the starter sooner than later. Just a lottery ticket. Don't give up anything of value to obtain or pass over someone usable to get but no issues skipping the other Bears WRs.
The bold part is the most important part. Gentry seems like he's in a position to get a shot, which is more than most guys will ever have. But still, he went undrafted, then got cut despite some preseason buzz, and then cleared waivers too. Chicago didn't even put him on the 53 until they lost basically all their starting WRs.

So take a flier in a deeper league if he's free, otherwise avoid.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:40 am

Gentry. He should have been on the 53 man roster from the beginning
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 am

Picked up Gentry- free ww/lottery ticket pick up
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 am

I agree that most probably aren't rostering if you dont have the space. But if you're carrying the likes of Coates or Gerinomo Allison, someone like Gentry could be the next Meredith and is worth taking a chance on. Gentry is the guy I picked up.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:19 am

Bellamy has nice size and is more polished than Gentry. I don't want to bet on any of these guys as Chicago is a dumpster fire of a mess. My guess is Bellamy gets the shot at an increased work load as Gentry gets acclimated. If Bellamy drops the ball so to speak, Gentry should see opportunity. Out of the mess in ppr, I'd rank them Cohen, Howard, Wright, Wheaton (when he's back), then one of Bellamy or Gentry. YucK!
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GregOfTheDead » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Go for upside and the unknown and take Gentry. I plucked him off waivers last night. The rest of them are a bunch of JAG's *IMO* and I love Gentry's chances to rise above all of them.