Stefon Diggs Thread: Traded to Buffalo!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Diggs value

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:30 pm

Reljac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:13 pm Wasn't doing an exercise to suggest he was bad. But ending the bad argument that he helped fantasy teams last year. Last year he sunk them when it mattered.

Doesn't have anything to do with how he ever looks help them going forward, but you suggested he helped teams last year. The only way he helped a team is if the benched him for the playoffs.
I didn't say that Diggs won teams championships. The statement was that he helped fantasy teams. If you are WR13 in terms of points on average, you helped fantasy teams. That's not subjective.

By your logic, the following players did not help fantasy teams last season:

Week 14-16 (Standard Scoring):

Antonio Brown - WR19
Mike Evans - WR24

If only they had J.J. Nelson, who was WR2 for Weeks 14-16.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 pm

For 4 games he helped you win compared to league average WRs. I suppose if your WR options sucked last year, you'd settle for that. I prefer my WRs to be better than a league average WR more than 4 games out of the year... or at least during the playoffs if they can't muster much more than that. The list of WRs that only had 4 double digit games is probably lengthy
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:07 pm

I just checked last year's stats in my PPR league the only difference is that you get a bonus for hundred yard games and Diggs was 25th in wide receiver scoring last year. I thought it was weird that 900 yards and three touchdowns would be 13 not sure what score in your checking?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:07 pm I just checked last year's stats in my PPR league the only difference is that you get a bonus for hundred yard games and Diggs was 25th in wide receiver scoring last year. I thought it was weird that 900 yards and three touchdowns would be 13 not sure what score in your checking?
He was 13th in PPG, he missed 3 games on the year

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Reljac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:56 pm For 4 games he helped you win compared to league average WRs. I suppose if your WR options sucked last year, you'd settle for that. I prefer my WRs to be better than a league average WR more than 4 games out of the year... or at least during the playoffs if they can't muster much more than that. The list of WRs that only had 4 double digit games is probably lengthy
And statistically, there were only 12 players in PPR who were better in PPG than Diggs, despite being "streaky." On average in PPR leagues, Diggs was giving you borderline WR1 production. I repeat, this is not an opinion. You can seperate each week any way you want, but it arrives at the same fact. A borderline WR1, in any format, helps teams win a lot of games.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Sorry, I don't play in leagues that compete on statistical averages. So he wouldn't have benefited my team. My leagues account for H2H weekly matchups, where he underwhelmed compared to league average guys in a majority of games and would've hurt chances of winning money.
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Reljac wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 pm Sorry, I don't play in leagues that compete on statistical averages. So he wouldn't have benefited my team.
This can't be a serious conversation. What are you even talking about anymore?

So, now points on average is meaningless. Tell me more about how a borderline WR1 doesn't help any team win games.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:38 pm

In 27 career games Diggs has scored less than 10 ppr points in 15 of them. He has missed three games apiece in his first two seasons and he had 2 season ending injuries in college. There is no debate that he is streaky and injury prone.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:38 pm In 27 career games Diggs has scored less than 10 ppr points in 15 of them. He has missed three games apiece in his first two seasons and he had to season ending injuries in college. There is no debate that he is streaky and injury prone.
Diggs was WR43 as a rookie with zero expectations and improved to WR13 as a 2nd year player in a run-first offense.

Diggs was a healthy scratch for his first four games as a rookie because he was low on the depth chart. He then played all 12 games afterwards and led the team in receiving yards and receptions. He missed 3 games in 2016. Missing 3 games in two seasons does not make you injury prone. Diggs injuries in college are a lacerated kidney and a broken leg. Otherwise known as injuries that are improbable to ever happen again. People who believed they would let him fall to the 5th round, where Minnesota landed one of the biggest skill position steals of the last few years.

If a player can finish as a borderline WR1 despite being "streaky" that is a testament to how good he is. There are very few players in fantasy who aren't streaky. It's the nature of the game. You are as good as your highs and lows, and that's landed Diggs into territory that is more productive than most.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Well enjoy his highs and lows and we'll see where he goes from here. I feel that he is more streaky then average. Last year during his good season out of 13 games seven of them he scored less than 10 points, when a guy scores less than 10 points three games in a row I tend to not start them so then I miss out on his big game. I bought him in his first season during some of those blowup games and sold him last year. I doubt I'll own him again because I'm not willing to pay up because of the injury risk.

Sou1Ca1iber
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sou1Ca1iber » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:30 pm

The Diggs hate in this thread by a few is almost comical.

Anyways, I bought Diggs and a 2019 2nd for Keenan and a 2019 1st during preseason. I was expecting another bump in production this year. Week 1, so far so good. He has insane routes.

I would probably do the same deal after week 1 but I doubt my partner would at this point just due to the big game.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:38 pm In 27 career games Diggs has scored less than 10 ppr points in 15 of them. He has missed three games apiece in his first two seasons and he had 2 season ending injuries in college. There is no debate that he is streaky and injury prone.
I mean if you don't think there's any way a young rookie and sophomore receiver can improve his game-to-game consistency in years 3-5+, then I guess you have a point with the streakiness.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:59 pm

The time to buy Diggs is now. As it has been mentioned in this thread already, it all comes down to 2 things for him:

1.) Being able to stay healthy for 16 games.
2.) Bradford having a line that is borderline reliable.

As long as those 2 things happen, Diggs should be able to see his targets increase from year 2 to year 3, just as they did from year 1 to year 2 from 84 to 111. Prior to last night's game Diggs had a 69.7% career catch rate. His ypr average heading into this season was 11.93. Assuming his ypr does not jump back up to the 13 ypr range (where he was his rookie season), and stays at 11.93, if his targets increase to just 130, so 19 more than last season, with his career catch rate and career ypr, you're looking at:

91 catches, 1081 yards. TD's are harder to predict, but he already has 2 this season, so let's assume he can score 5 more in the remaining 15 games with a 7 TD total. If he puts together a 91/1081/7 season, Diggs will score 241 PPR points and be a top 12 PPR WR, aka firmly in WR1 discussion. Brandin Cooks had 241 points last season and was WR7. He doesn't turn 24 until November.

Buy Diggs now and don't overthink it. If you say you want to wait and see him put such a season together first before making the investment, then you can forget about him, because nobody will want to sell you a 24 year old WR1!
#FreeCoreyDavis

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:54 am

I would value him a little lower than Watkins, maybe around KA or Corey Davis for me. So, I would say the 1.01 in any given year is fair.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:40 am

Sou1Ca1iber wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:30 pm The Diggs hate in this thread by a few is almost comical.
I don't hate Diggs, but it is comical to insist that a guy who was only better than a league average guy in 4 games out of a whole season was someone very helpful to a last year team. I like Diggs going forward and he looked the part on Monday, but Adam Theilen also looked the part against the Saints Defense, as did Kyle Rudolph and Dalvin Cook.

In terms of guys that were helpful last year? I picked up Rishad Matthews off waivers.. He scored double digits in 2 more game than Diggs did last year. He also scored at least 8 points in 10 of 16 games. Diggs scored more than 8 points in exactly 6 games last year.

Rishad Matthews off of free agency was WAY more helpful than Diggs to winning in 2016.