The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Witchit Straws
Starter
Starter

Re: Can Todd Gurley PPR good?

Postby Witchit Straws » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 pm

operwapitsai wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:26 am If I remember correctly, Gurley had similar college receiving stats as David Johnson.
If anything can be said about Gurley's 3rd down usability, it is not a question about hands, but about his pass protection.
Anybody noting that Gurley is simply a 2 down thumper is just plain wrong.
Gurley is fine in pass protection, I watched him at UGA his entire career and he is a every down back with great hands and solid blocking
Garrapolo, Trubisky,
Mixon, R Freeman, T Cohen, L Miller, Mack, C Thompson, Breida, Powell, Abdullah
Arob, Landry, Cupp, Chris Godwin, Lockett, Zay Jones, Taywan Taylor,
Kelce, Kroft, Jesse James

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Todd Gurley thoughts?

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm

I haven't been able to see the game. Gurley is having a decent day of fantasy, but his actual stats seem rough. Is it him? The O-line? The offense in general?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Todd Gurley thoughts?

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm I haven't been able to see the game. Gurley is having a decent day of fantasy, but his actual stats seem rough. Is it him? The O-line? The offense in general?
I've been in an out on that game, mainly watching the Seahawks-Pack but from what I've seen he hasn't had a lot of room to run. Also, Goff has looked good to me when I was watching but the Colts are pretty bad, especially with Davis out at CB.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Run-blocking still isn't good. But, they're finding ways to get him involved in the pass game.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Still disappointing to see that Gurley can't get anything going running the ball. The bright side is that with Dunbar injured and Cunningham gone, Gurley will again keep his PPR value afloat due to usage in the passing game and overall volume. If Goff starts to have some success than that may open things up for Gurley, but for a RB that many of us deemed to be a generational stud it's still a let down that we're relying on sheer volume alone to keep him fantasy relevant....At least for now.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Slackalacker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:53 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 pm Still disappointing to see that Gurley can't get anything going running the ball. The bright side is that with Dunbar injured and Cunningham gone, Gurley will again keep his PPR value afloat due to usage in the passing game and overall volume. If Goff starts to have some success than that may open things up for Gurley, but for a RB that many of us deemed to be a generational stud it's still a let down that we're relying on sheer volume alone to keep him fantasy relevant....At least for now.
x2 on Goff playing a big part in Gurleys future success. If he proves he can throw the ball in the next few games maybe Ds lighten up on a Gurley allowing him to get some better looks. But with his overall volume he will still be a viable asset, just not an offensive powerhouse.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:55 pm

There were numerous negative runs where people met him in the backfield as soon as he was handed the ball. I do like that he is getting involved in the passing game... that could salvage some bad days on the ground.

And yes, glad to see the Rams offense being effective as a whole. They have some gelling to do, but already looking more promising than last year.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 pm

He is just not that great to be honest, but I have always had that opinion. I am surprised more people do not see it yet and continue to blame everyone but Gurley. The fact remains his vision and patience are awful.

Although his fantasy value might be salvaged with his newly found involvement in the passing game.

An RB2/FLEX at best.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 pm The fact remains his vision and patience are awful.
I've always thought that as well, however he does have some good attributes too. Good jump cut, good speed, a load to bring down once he gets up to speed. All that said, it has to be a LITTLE concerning. I mean, the Colts are awful.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:32 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 pm He is just not that great to be honest, but I have always had that opinion. I am surprised more people do not see it yet and continue to blame everyone but Gurley. The fact remains his vision and patience are awful.

Although his fantasy value might be salvaged with his newly found involvement in the passing game.

An RB2/FLEX at best.
I too have not been impressed by him for the majority of his NFL career. I wasn't in love with him coming out, but I could see the appeal. Seemed like he had a lot of attributes but it wasn't as special as people made it seem. I do agree he could use better blocking, but there is more to it than that.

Maybe he turns it around as the team improves. Maybe he doesn't. Sometimes people don't see it, or choose to ignore it, until it is too late. One way or another he should be doing more. He scares the crap out of me for his value.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Remember that break out game his rookie year against the Cards? He was so much faster to the edge than everybody else and he just seemed to have a gear nobody else could match. What happened? It's not like the Rams were good then.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:30 pm

Friction wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 pm Remember that break out game his rookie year against the Cards? He was so much faster to the edge than everybody else and he just seemed to have a gear nobody else could match. What happened? It's not like the Rams were good then.
This is what stood out to me today. There were plays where I thought he was about to kick it into the next gear and that gear never happened. Very strange.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 pm

To me, it almost looks like he knows that there's not going to be a hole most of the time, so he just runs right into the pile, lol, seriously I'm not sure what's up with him. His final line was good but the parts of the game that I saw, he didn't have very many good runs, at least not what I was expecting, especially against the Colts.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:38 am

Shcritters wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:55 pm There were numerous negative runs where people met him in the backfield as soon as he was handed the ball. I do like that he is getting involved in the passing game... that could salvage some bad days on the ground.

And yes, glad to see the Rams offense being effective as a whole. They have some gelling to do, but already looking more promising than last year.
exactly what I was thinking.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:59 am

Give this time. Goff is improved this year, the WRs are improved, and McShay's offense demonstrated it can and will move the ball around... 4guys got 5-6 targets. Good news is one of those were Gurley. Defenses aren't going to be able to keep stacking the box week after week if the Rams just put the ball over their heads. No magic O-line improvement was going to fix this, but improved WR & QB and offensive scheme definitely could
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first