Possible new DLF League

Are you a commissioner looking for dedicated coaches or a coach looking for a serious league? Advertise your desires here.
Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Possible new DLF League

Postby Shawn » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:47 am

Just wanted to add, thats its much more important to have everyone here a big part of the DLF community, rather than having people too worried about what leagues they end up in. The point is, that if you show you are a solid guy in the DLF community, the leagues will come later. I wouldn't get too worried about joining a particular league if I were anyone applying here, the important part is that you become a part of the DLF fraternity, and the leagues will end up following you! Also remember that there are always other leagues looking for new members, there are always other opportunities to look at overall. :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

fins4ever
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fins4ever » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:25 am

Shawn wrote:Just wanted to add, thats its much more important to have everyone here a big part of the DLF community, rather than having people too worried about what leagues they end up in. The point is, that if you show you are a solid guy in the DLF community, the leagues will come later. I wouldn't get too worried about joining a particular league if I were anyone applying here, the important part is that you become a part of the DLF fraternity, and the leagues will end up following you! Also remember that there are always other leagues looking for new members, there are always other opportunities to look at overall. :thumbup:
I agree. I'd like to be a member of the new League, but if I'm not then I'll continue to trade my way to future success in Grid Iron 4! and post advice on this site whenever I can and think I can help, as I have since I was a member.

What wouldn't be good is if newer members on being admitted to the new league then gave up on their postings on the message boards, on the basis that they had achieved their goal of getting into the new League, and which would neither be of benefit to the League itself or to this site. As Shawn says if you're solid on this site leagues will come. That's my 10 cents anyhow. :D

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:37 am

Hey guys,

So as Mark mentioned there is a slight change of plans here. I will be taking over the commish spot for this new league. The league will still be set up the way Mark posted at the start of this chain - 12 team, no idp, standard scoring (ppr). Mark has already forwarded me all the pms that were sent to him, and we've discussed who he had offered spots to already. We have had a really nice response to this new league and I know I will make sure Rick and Shawn are aware of those who missed the cut here for the league they are setting up.

So... what's next? I am going to send pms out to some of the interested parties. I'll likely be asking for some more info on your FF/Dynasty experience to show me I can trust that you will stick around and make this league awesome. If you don't hear from me - it just didn't work out. Keep posting, keep hitting the help wanted section and remember that new leagues and replacement owners are always being created on this site. I am still going to need a co-commish, so I will also be working on that as well. Thanks a lot guys.

JB
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

NoLogoNeeded
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NoLogoNeeded » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:11 am

Shawn wrote:Just wanted to add, thats its much more important to have everyone here a big part of the DLF community, rather than having people too worried about what leagues they end up in. The point is, that if you show you are a solid guy in the DLF community, the leagues will come later. I wouldn't get too worried about joining a particular league if I were anyone applying here, the important part is that you become a part of the DLF fraternity, and the leagues will end up following you! Also remember that there are always other leagues looking for new members, there are always other opportunities to look at overall. :thumbup:
100% agree...I've been looking for a site that met certain criteria and weather I get into this league or not, I've found the site I was looking for and I'm exited to learn and offer advice when I can...Good Luck to all! :thumbup:
DLF - Rivals League
Premier League
Fx3 Dynasty Challenge
DLF - Dugout League

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 am

Oh boy! I never got PM'd and that can't be good! I'll have to post for another 100 days to get noticed...that's cool!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:22 am

Thanks for all the interest. The last spots have been filled and the final confirmations are about to be sent out. This league is being called the DLF Rivals League, and now has a forum in the league section of the message board.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:29 am

The boards are a good forum and I'm psyched that I signed up
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

chops
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby chops » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:40 pm

That's too bad, I missed out I guess. Just saw the post today.

Any chance a DLF admin could start a second league consisting of DLF members only but no one from the this first league that made it?

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:47 pm

chops wrote:That's too bad, I missed out I guess. Just saw the post today.

Any chance a DLF admin could start a second league consisting of DLF members only but no one from the this first league that made it?
There will be plenty of opportunities I think over the next couple of months...just jump in with both feet and start posting on the forum. This is a great resource and if you spend enough time here and have well thought out, informed, interesting posts, there will be lots of chances to get in a league. Good luck!
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:05 pm

You never know what the future holds guys, I do have a few more MFL sites at my disposal... :wink:

Keep on posting and being excellent with each other! :D

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:44 am

Steelersfan wrote:You never know what the future holds guys, I do have a few more MFL sites at my disposal... :wink:

Keep on posting and being excellent with each other! :D
And...

PARTY ON, DUDES!!!
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

MikeCross
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MikeCross » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 am

these last 2 guys are the best~ thx for all the help you 2
"Ize jus bein rebellion... inda scrip cluh"
Adam "PacMan" Jones