Kareem Hunt

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kareem Hunt Hype Thread

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Valhalla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm I like Hunt and liked him before this game. I was making a joke of it because people are being a bit too boastful. "I drafted him at 1.3 and look how genius I am" comments just bother me.
1. Ware went down. Unless you drafted him at 1.3 after the ware injury, you got lucky that the competition to your pick was extinguished.
2. The Pats D was atrocious. Hunt played well but I wasn't awe-struck at any point. It was plays a lot of good backs could make. He ran for a LOT of untouched yards. Also, the long td reception (80 or so yards?)...he should have pretty successfully been tackled on. Bad defense allowed that to go for so long.

Again, I like Hunt and think he's a quality back. I just think it's a bit (falsely) boastful to brag about how smart you are for drafting him when not only has his situation DRASTICALLY improved since most drafts, but the game circumstances (holes he was given, horrible tackling) was set up perfectly for ANY good back to look great. Hunt is a good, capable back. I'd be a seller at great back prices.
X2 on this entire post. Very well said.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:44 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 pm
Valhalla wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm I like Hunt and liked him before this game. I was making a joke of it because people are being a bit too boastful. "I drafted him at 1.3 and look how genius I am" comments just bother me.
1. Ware went down. Unless you drafted him at 1.3 after the ware injury, you got lucky that the competition to your pick was extinguished.
2. The Pats D was atrocious. Hunt played well but I wasn't awe-struck at any point. It was plays a lot of good backs could make. He ran for a LOT of untouched yards. Also, the long td reception (80 or so yards?)...he should have pretty successfully been tackled on. Bad defense allowed that to go for so long.

Again, I like Hunt and think he's a quality back. I just think it's a bit (falsely) boastful to brag about how smart you are for drafting him when not only has his situation DRASTICALLY improved since most drafts, but the game circumstances (holes he was given, horrible tackling) was set up perfectly for ANY good back to look great. Hunt is a good, capable back. I'd be a seller at great back prices.
Make that 3
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm

He's a 3 down workhorse which is rare these days. He looks to be very durable and determined. He's in an offense that is starting to open up. It was his first NFL game. He played against a competitive NFL home team who were fired up and are the reigning superbowl champs. Oh yeah, he also set a record. I don't get that there is any negativity. If some people wanna brag I don't have a problem with it. I really enjoyed watching that performance last night. I'm not selling at all. This is the type of player I look for and try to keep on my teams.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:19 pm

AzTheCrow wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm He's a 3 down workhorse which is rare these days. He looks to be very durable and determined. He's in an offense that is starting to open up. It was his first NFL game. He played against a competitive NFL home team who were fired up and are the reigning superbowl champs. Oh yeah, he also set a record. I don't get that there is any negativity. If some people wanna brag I don't have a problem with it. I really enjoyed watching that performance last night. I'm not selling at all. This is the type of player I look for and try to keep on my teams.
"He looks to be very durable"... what does that mean? How can he possibly have proved that? I'm not saying he's NOT durable, but it's impossible to say that he showed durability in the first night of his career.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 pm

It will be interesting to see if this KC offence is like the 2015 Falcons (starts off strong but collapses) or the 2016 Cowboys (better than anticipated due to different factors).

It may not matter if you consider Hunt to be average or good or elite but if the team keeps playing the way they did Week I then even an "average" back is going to have a very nice season in that situation. And we can chalk it up to the Patriots being sloppy / bad / whatever but point remains the Chiefs won that game and they did so in a way that had never happened in NE in recent memory. You have to be a very well coached & disciplined team to be down in NE in the 4th quarter and come away with the win like that.

I think this was a pivotal moment for that Chiefs organization and we should not be surprised if they go 12-4 or 13-3 and Hunt puts up some very useful numbers along the way.

I havent seen any Hunt trades in any of my leagues today - but I think, at least based on his typical draft cost, that most people who drafted Hunt did so because they wanted Hunt not because they wanted a guy to flip and they are content to ride him, as well they should be.

It certainly wont hurt to explore what you can get for Hunt if you own Hunt, but I do not think you need to rush - I think Hunt is set up for a very strong season and if you own Hunt you may as well ride it for all its worth just like we did with a David Johnson or Jordan Howard last year and a Gurley or Foreman the year before. Maybe you'll be able to turn Hunt into Saquon Barkley at the end of the season.

I do not own Hunt anywhere. I felt his cost was too much for me in any format, redraft, best ball or dynasty. Lesson learned might be that it is key to try (if you're in more than a couple of leagues) to get 1 share of every player in a good situation whether you believe in them or not - just in case this happens. One of the things we keep hearing on DLF is beware of bias bias bias - and this might be a prime example why.

So I am not going to hide my head in the sand. I still do not think Hunt will long term be like a Fournette /Elliott / Bell, but it doesnt matter because if he produces like a Jordan Howard this year well we all know the only way to truly build a dynasty is to win championships and production like this game is what you need. Othewise it is just a paper dynasty.

Guess we'll see over the course of the next few weeks if this was a fluke or a harbringer. I'm open to the possibility its not a fluke and that Hunt is the real deal - a lot more than I was before.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:25 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:19 pm
AzTheCrow wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm He's a 3 down workhorse which is rare these days. He looks to be very durable and determined. He's in an offense that is starting to open up. It was his first NFL game. He played against a competitive NFL home team who were fired up and are the reigning superbowl champs. Oh yeah, he also set a record. I don't get that there is any negativity. If some people wanna brag I don't have a problem with it. I really enjoyed watching that performance last night. I'm not selling at all. This is the type of player I look for and try to keep on my teams.
"He looks to be very durable"... what does that mean? How can he possibly have proved that? I'm not saying he's NOT durable, but it's impossible to say that he showed durability in the first night of his career.
It's my opinion. I thought he looked durable. If you think it's impossible that's your opinion. Alot of plays looked like the type that could cause injury yet he kept getting back up and grinding.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm

AzTheCrow wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:25 pm
It's my opinion. I thought he looked durable. If you think it's impossible that's your opinion. Alot of plays looked like the type that could cause injury yet he kept getting back up and grinding.
I hear ya. He did look tough! Especially because he is NOT a big boy at all, it was impressive to see him continually push for extra yards, playing against backups or not.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

dpham503
Rookie
Rookie

Postby dpham503 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Agreed, there were a few runs where he looked like he would get stuffed at LoS but he manages to wiggle his way through the crowd and pick up a few more yards.
12-Team, Full PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SF
QB: Winston, Tannehill, Brady, K. Allen, RG3, Manning
RB: Gordon, Conner, Guice, Laird, M. Davis, J. Williams, B. Scott, Henderson, McCoy, D. Lewis
WR: Hopkins, Godwin, Edelman, Tate, Slayton, Samuel, P. Williams
TE: Andrews, J. Smith, Graham
Taxi: Stidham, Willis

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:10 am 2. His big receiving TD was running against a backup who had already committed 2 penalties. Forget his name but he was the tatted white guy they brought in to replace Hightower.
Former Seahawk Casius Marsh. Former, because he sucks as was on full display last night.
AzTheCrow wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm He's a 3 down workhorse which is rare these days. He looks to be very durable and determined.
He does appear to be that, and Reid does seem to prefer to have one guy handle the bulk of the work. Hunt ran hard, and had more touches than I would have expected. I was however surprised that he was still in the game when the Chiefs were up 42-27 late. At that point, West should have been mopping-up to save Hunt for the rest of the season.

Heck of a debut game for Kareem, and a surprise outcome as well. I didn't see many people giving KC a snowball's chance in Foxboro, including myself admittedly.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Traded Tyler Boyd for 2.02 in our rookie draft to draft Hunt back in May. :thumbup:

saw061600
Legend
Legend

Postby saw061600 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:27 am

Coogan Football wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:44 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Make that 3
Piling on, well said. Adding that the "easy to tell who owns Hunt" comments equal lazy thinking. There are quite a few posts from guys that DON'T own Hunt indicating how good he looked. Some are ignoring what he did well and pointing out how bad NE looked as the reason for his success, some are on the hype train and all in after 1 game (while others claim they've watched for YEARS and new he was going to be AWESOMENESS), and others are trying to figure out his actual value by considering all the factors. The lazy thinkers would do well to pay some heed to the the third group listed.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:28 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:49 pm There's a poll on twitter and 50% wouldn't trade him for Fournette.
"No, I don't want a bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic version of Kareem Hunt."

:lol:

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:58 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:35 pm
AzTheCrow wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:25 pm
I hear ya. He did look tough! Especially because he is NOT a big boy at all, it was impressive to see him continually push for extra yards, playing against backups or not.
Yes. Here's to hoping he gets to play against more backups this season :thumbup:

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:06 am

Dug this out of my Senior Bowl thread, from BEFORE I owned him
Coogan Football wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:59 pm
Kareem Hunt RB Toledo - Kid looks like a stud in 7on7. He runs hard and is silky smooth, somebody is gonna get a deal with this kid in the NFL draft. I briefly spoke to him after the early Wednesday practice and he seems like a good kid the is just happy to be out here competing.

Kareem Hunt RB: continued to look good today, juked a DB out of his shoes in the open field during the early scrimmage today. I imagine his tape will be solid when I get to it. Another kid that seemed to have a great attitude all week out here.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 am

I saw someone traded Hunt for OBJ in Dynasty. Honestly seems like the perfect time to sell. It amazes me how much he is worth. I guess his value COULD get higher but that's pretty damn high for a player with one game under his belt against that horrid defense.

I would've loved to have drafted him with my 1.02 or 1.05 pick this year just to sell him for a known stud. HOLY SHIZA!

I'm all in on SELL SELL SELL right now if you can get a Evans, OBJ, and any other top 10 dynasty picks you might be in love with.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs