Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btaylor383
Rookie
Rookie

Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby btaylor383 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:51 pm

After a lost rookie season would now be a good time to target Josh Doctson? How much would you be willing to give up to get him?
12 team, .5ppr, 6pt QB TD, 22 man roster

QB - Russell Wilson, Eli Manning, DeShone Kizer
RB - Derrick Henry, CJ Prosise, Chris Thompson, Marlon Mack, De'Angelo Henderson, Jeremy McNichols
WR - Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Jeremy Maclin, Josh Doctson, Chris Conley, Quincy Enunwa, Curtis Samuel, Laquon Treadwell, Leonte Carroo, Chris Godwin, Jeff Janis, Chad Williams,
TE - Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Tyler Higbee
2 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd, 2 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd

12 team, .5ppr, Superflex, 25 man roster

QB - Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, AJ McCarron
RB - Todd Gurley, LeSean McCoy, Danny Woodhead, Ameer Abdullah, Jeremy McNichols
WR -Antonio Brown, Adam Thielen, Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate, Chris Godwin, Pierre Garcon, Quincy Enunwa
TE - Jimmy Graham, ASJ, Jason Witten
2018 1.05

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:03 pm

owners are holding for the most part. i am at least. the belief a year ago was that he may be the best WR in the class but he fell to back half of first rounds due to injury.those owners who spent a late first likely took doctson over guys like mike thomas and jordan howard but didnt get to see if their pick was worthy.so if they have waited this long i doubt they wanna jump ship 3 weeks before the season starts. the time for this thought was late last season or even during this offseason. but now i think its a bit too late
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Early 2nd might be able to get it done if the Doctson owner isn't a patient person.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Best time to buy would've been right after WAS signed Pryor. Because Doctson's injury was known all summer long a lot of owners that drafted June-August were aware of the risk to his season and weren't expecting as much from him (at least I know I wasn't) and he was targeted fairly heavily in the very small amount of snaps he played in the regular season last year (had a target/snap share of 19.4%, OBJ's last year was 16.9%) with half of his 6 targets being in the RZ, he did nothing to lower his value other than not being healthy which his owners were most likely prepared for so they're all pretty much holding right now rather than risk selling low on a guy who could be a big target hog
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm Best time to buy would've been right after WAS signed Pryor. Because Doctson's injury was known all summer long a lot of owners that drafted June-August were aware of the risk to his season and weren't expecting as much from him (at least I know I wasn't) and he was targeted fairly heavily in the very small amount of snaps he played in the regular season last year (had a target/snap share of 19.4%, OBJ's last year was 16.9%) with half of his 6 targets being in the RZ, he did nothing to lower his value other than not being healthy which his owners were most likely prepared for so they're all pretty much holding right now rather than risk selling low on a guy who could be a big target hog
So based on this I should expect around 120 targets for him this season? Barring injuries ofc.
Or what is the use of the statistics you provided?

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:30 pm

trc wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm Best time to buy would've been right after WAS signed Pryor. Because Doctson's injury was known all summer long a lot of owners that drafted June-August were aware of the risk to his season and weren't expecting as much from him (at least I know I wasn't) and he was targeted fairly heavily in the very small amount of snaps he played in the regular season last year (had a target/snap share of 19.4%, OBJ's last year was 16.9%) with half of his 6 targets being in the RZ, he did nothing to lower his value other than not being healthy which his owners were most likely prepared for so they're all pretty much holding right now rather than risk selling low on a guy who could be a big target hog
So based on this I should expect around 120 targets for him this season? Barring injuries ofc.
That if he's healthy and on the field he should see a good target share in the Redskins offense, they put him on the field last year to use him, not just run routes and be a decoy or to block, but to involve him. I would expect that to carry over to this year as well. I acknowledged that it was a small sample size but it still shows that they wanted to get him going in the offense.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I traded Mike Wallace and a 3rd for him in July. Where I do own him, being August I'm not moving until I see him play.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:43 pm

I traded Parker and 12 for Doctson and 6 in my 20 team league. He came to me wanting Parker though.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I like Doctson as a prospect but I would not give up a 1st for him. His value can only continue to go down where as a 1st can't. If you can package a lesser/older player and a later pick for him (like Wallace and a 3rd as mentioned above), I think that's worth the investment. Depends on the owner in your league and his patience/situation.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Oh, and in terms of now being a good time, I'm kind of torn. I think it would've been better to buy him a few months ago. It would be better to buy him now in the sense that if he goes off his price will climb, but his price could also continue to dip if he has any more setbacks or struggles. Also there's the whole Cousins uncertainty. Me personally, I'd wait until in season and see if I could acquire him 4-5 weeks in when he's not producing.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm I like Doctson as a prospect but I would not give up a 1st for him. His value can only continue to go down where as a 1st can't. If you can package a lesser/older player and a later pick for him (like Wallace and a 3rd as mentioned above), I think that's worth the investment. Depends on the owner in your league and his patience/situation.
Well that's just not true, there's several things that could cause him to gain value

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:27 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm I like Doctson as a prospect but I would not give up a 1st for him. His value can only continue to go down where as a 1st can't. If you can package a lesser/older player and a later pick for him (like Wallace and a 3rd as mentioned above), I think that's worth the investment. Depends on the owner in your league and his patience/situation.
Well that's just not true, there's several things that could cause him to gain value
I agree. Even if they're unlikely, they're still plausible. But right now, Doctson doesn't seem to be a smart add with Pryor, Crowder and Reed in front of him. But, things change and if you believe in the talent, get him.

As far as selling him goes, I think this is the best time if you're not a true believer.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 pm

I think his value continues to go lower and there will bra better buy low opportunity. It will take him time to have weekly fantasy value and it might not be this year with many others infront of him. Owners will get antsy if he is healthy and not quickly being involved.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm
Sorry, poorly worded. I meant Doctson's value can drastically go down, a la Perriman, Funchess, Adams, Agholor, other highly coveted WR's who bombed their first 2 years. And sure it could bounce back in Y3 a la Adams, but I would still rather have the 1st round pick, versus trading it for a player who really would just be a luxury addition. I mean I doubt anyone is banking on Doctson to be a startable WR. Why trade a future 1st, which is only going to increase in value, for a depth/luxury WR prospect who could possibly tank. That's what I meant.

But obviously devil's advocate, Doctson could take off and then it might cost a lot more than a 1st. I just don't find it likely since he's at best a 3rd option, probably the 4th option.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:08 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:30 pm
trc wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm
That if he's healthy and on the field he should see a good target share in the Redskins offense, they put him on the field last year to use him, not just run routes and be a decoy or to block, but to involve him. I would expect that to carry over to this year as well. I acknowledged that it was a small sample size but it still shows that they wanted to get him going in the offense.
I actually do think they will involve him, but not based on extrapolating and cherry picking this extremely low sample size (catch ratio of 33,3 %).

I would put heavy weight into draft capital spent.