Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
btaylor383
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:46 am

Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby btaylor383 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:51 pm

After a lost rookie season would now be a good time to target Josh Doctson? How much would you be willing to give up to get him?
12 team, .5ppr, 6pt QB TD, 22 man roster

QB - Russell Wilson, Eli Manning, DeShone Kizer
RB - Derrick Henry, CJ Prosise, Chris Thompson, Marlon Mack, De'Angelo Henderson, Jeremy McNichols
WR - Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Jeremy Maclin, Josh Doctson, Chris Conley, Quincy Enunwa, Curtis Samuel, Laquon Treadwell, Leonte Carroo, Chris Godwin, Jeff Janis, Chad Williams,
TE - Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Tyler Higbee
2 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd, 2 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd

12 team, .5ppr, Superflex, 25 man roster

QB - Russell Wilson, Andy Dalton, Tyrod Taylor, AJ McCarron
RB - Todd Gurley, LeSean McCoy, Danny Woodhead, Ameer Abdullah, Jeremy McNichols
WR -Antonio Brown, Adam Thielen, Dez Bryant, Michael Crabtree, Golden Tate, Chris Godwin, Pierre Garcon, Quincy Enunwa
TE - Jimmy Graham, ASJ, Jason Witten
2018 1.05

User avatar
BigBawseRoss
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3589
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:56 am

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:03 pm

owners are holding for the most part. i am at least. the belief a year ago was that he may be the best WR in the class but he fell to back half of first rounds due to injury.those owners who spent a late first likely took doctson over guys like mike thomas and jordan howard but didnt get to see if their pick was worthy.so if they have waited this long i doubt they wanna jump ship 3 weeks before the season starts. the time for this thought was late last season or even during this offseason. but now i think its a bit too late
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Rivers , Kizer, Tyrod
Cohen, L Miller, CollinsForeman,J. Allen,Dixon , rawls, ty mont, Ivory
K Allen, Evans, Hopkins, AlshonM. Williams, doctson, Meredith, Snead
Ertz Graham

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Dak Prescott, Bortles
Fournette, J HowardMixon,D Henry, Breida, Yeldon,Allen
ty hill, Hopkins, AlshonD Thomas, Arob, Snead, C Coleman, M Bryant,Pryor,Allison
Gronk, Ertz ,Burton


team 3
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0008

team 4
https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2018/ ... =07&F=0010

team 5
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =0008&O=07

team 6
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0004

team 7
https://www51.myfantasyleague.com/2018/ ... =07&F=0011

User avatar
WhatWouldDitkaDo
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7068
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 am

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Early 2nd might be able to get it done if the Doctson owner isn't a patient person.
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST | Championships: 2015, 2017
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Jerick McKinnon, LeSean McCoy, Rex Burkhead, D'Onta Foreman, Marshawn Lynch, Chase Edmonds, Joe Williams
WR: Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Brandin Cooks, Cooper Kupp, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle | K: Stephen Gostkowski | DST: BAL
PS: Dante Pettis, D.J. Chark, Dallas Goedert | 2019 Picks: 3rd | 2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:29 am

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm

Best time to buy would've been right after WAS signed Pryor. Because Doctson's injury was known all summer long a lot of owners that drafted June-August were aware of the risk to his season and weren't expecting as much from him (at least I know I wasn't) and he was targeted fairly heavily in the very small amount of snaps he played in the regular season last year (had a target/snap share of 19.4%, OBJ's last year was 16.9%) with half of his 6 targets being in the RZ, he did nothing to lower his value other than not being healthy which his owners were most likely prepared for so they're all pretty much holding right now rather than risk selling low on a guy who could be a big target hog
12 Team 1QB/2RB/2WR/1FLEX/1TE/1DST, TE premium

QBs: Andrew Luck, Tyrod Taylor
RBs: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ty Montgomery, Doug Martin, Rob Kelley, De'Angelo Henderson, Chris Carson, James Conner, Austin Ekeler, Rod Smith
WRs: Amari Cooper, OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson, Jeremy Maclin, Cooper Kupp
TEs: Jordan Reed, Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Ricky Seals-Jones
DSTs: Bengals

Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0007

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0008

Legend of the Ring Co-owned League - The Two-Man Power Trip - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0009

trc
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby trc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm

StableOfRBs wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Best time to buy would've been right after WAS signed Pryor. Because Doctson's injury was known all summer long a lot of owners that drafted June-August were aware of the risk to his season and weren't expecting as much from him (at least I know I wasn't) and he was targeted fairly heavily in the very small amount of snaps he played in the regular season last year (had a target/snap share of 19.4%, OBJ's last year was 16.9%) with half of his 6 targets being in the RZ, he did nothing to lower his value other than not being healthy which his owners were most likely prepared for so they're all pretty much holding right now rather than risk selling low on a guy who could be a big target hog
So based on this I should expect around 120 targets for him this season? Barring injuries ofc.
Or what is the use of the statistics you provided?
12 team ppr | 0.5 per reception | 4pts pass TD | 6pts rec/rush TD | 1pts per 25 passing yard | 1 pts per 10 rec/rush yard
Start: 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

QBs: Brees - Luck - Hundley - Mahomes
RBs: Gio - Crowell - Damien Williams - Jeremy Hill - Charchandrick - Christine Michael
WRs: Alshon Jeffery - Doug Baldwin - Sammy Watkins - JMatt - Corey Davis - Ricardo Louis - Chris Godwin - Ryan Grant - Isaiah Ford - Mack Hollins
TEs: Trey Burton - Jonnu Smith - Jake Butt - Clive Walford

Rebuild progress -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150498

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:29 am

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:30 pm

trc wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm
StableOfRBs wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Best time to buy would've been right after WAS signed Pryor. Because Doctson's injury was known all summer long a lot of owners that drafted June-August were aware of the risk to his season and weren't expecting as much from him (at least I know I wasn't) and he was targeted fairly heavily in the very small amount of snaps he played in the regular season last year (had a target/snap share of 19.4%, OBJ's last year was 16.9%) with half of his 6 targets being in the RZ, he did nothing to lower his value other than not being healthy which his owners were most likely prepared for so they're all pretty much holding right now rather than risk selling low on a guy who could be a big target hog
So based on this I should expect around 120 targets for him this season? Barring injuries ofc.
Or what is the use of the statistics you provided?
That if he's healthy and on the field he should see a good target share in the Redskins offense, they put him on the field last year to use him, not just run routes and be a decoy or to block, but to involve him. I would expect that to carry over to this year as well. I acknowledged that it was a small sample size but it still shows that they wanted to get him going in the offense.
12 Team 1QB/2RB/2WR/1FLEX/1TE/1DST, TE premium

QBs: Andrew Luck, Tyrod Taylor
RBs: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ty Montgomery, Doug Martin, Rob Kelley, De'Angelo Henderson, Chris Carson, James Conner, Austin Ekeler, Rod Smith
WRs: Amari Cooper, OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson, Jeremy Maclin, Cooper Kupp
TEs: Jordan Reed, Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Ricky Seals-Jones
DSTs: Bengals

Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0007

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0008

Legend of the Ring Co-owned League - The Two-Man Power Trip - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0009

Chris_R
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby Chris_R » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I traded Mike Wallace and a 3rd for him in July. Where I do own him, being August I'm not moving until I see him play.
12 Team ppr Dynasty Originated 2008 4x Champion(2008, 2010, 2013, 2016)
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, RB/WR/TE

QB: Matt Ryan/Dak Prescott
RB: Ezekiel Elliot/LeSean McCoy/D'Onta Foreman/Kenyan Drake/Jonathan Williams/Darren McFadden/Alfred Morris/Elijah McGuire/Chris Carson
WR: Dez Bryant/Jarvis Landry/Sammy Watkins/Davante Parker/Taylor Gabriel/Allen Hurns/Brian Quick/Terrance Williams/Justin Hunter/Josh Gordon/Mack Hollins/Ryan Switzer/Josh Malone/Noah Brown/Krishawn Hogan
TE: Jimmy Graham/O.J. Howard/Jonnu Smith/Bucky Hodges/George Kittle/Rico Gathers

A-train
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 448
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:33 am

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby A-train » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:43 pm

I traded Parker and 12 for Doctson and 6 in my 20 team league. He came to me wanting Parker though.
Team 1: 20 team standard dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Sammy Watkins, Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Sam Bradford, Lamar Jackson
RB: Joe Mixon, Dion Lewis, Trey Edmunds
WR: Davante Adams, Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, Jakeem Grant, J.J. Nelson, Torey Smith
TE: O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews
Def: Vikings

User avatar
Jason3123
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2572
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I like Doctson as a prospect but I would not give up a 1st for him. His value can only continue to go down where as a 1st can't. If you can package a lesser/older player and a later pick for him (like Wallace and a 3rd as mentioned above), I think that's worth the investment. Depends on the owner in your league and his patience/situation.

User avatar
Jason3123
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2572
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:06 pm

Oh, and in terms of now being a good time, I'm kind of torn. I think it would've been better to buy him a few months ago. It would be better to buy him now in the sense that if he goes off his price will climb, but his price could also continue to dip if he has any more setbacks or struggles. Also there's the whole Cousins uncertainty. Me personally, I'd wait until in season and see if I could acquire him 4-5 weeks in when he's not producing.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 4:29 am

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm
I like Doctson as a prospect but I would not give up a 1st for him. His value can only continue to go down where as a 1st can't. If you can package a lesser/older player and a later pick for him (like Wallace and a 3rd as mentioned above), I think that's worth the investment. Depends on the owner in your league and his patience/situation.
Well that's just not true, there's several things that could cause him to gain value
12 Team 1QB/2RB/2WR/1FLEX/1TE/1DST, TE premium

QBs: Andrew Luck, Tyrod Taylor
RBs: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Ty Montgomery, Doug Martin, Rob Kelley, De'Angelo Henderson, Chris Carson, James Conner, Austin Ekeler, Rod Smith
WRs: Amari Cooper, OBJ, Alshon Jeffery, Demaryius Thomas, Josh Doctson, Jeremy Maclin, Cooper Kupp
TEs: Jordan Reed, Jack Doyle, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Ricky Seals-Jones
DSTs: Bengals

Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0007

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0008

Legend of the Ring Co-owned League - The Two-Man Power Trip - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... =07&F=0009

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6921
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:27 pm

StableOfRBs wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm
Jason3123 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm
I like Doctson as a prospect but I would not give up a 1st for him. His value can only continue to go down where as a 1st can't. If you can package a lesser/older player and a later pick for him (like Wallace and a 3rd as mentioned above), I think that's worth the investment. Depends on the owner in your league and his patience/situation.
Well that's just not true, there's several things that could cause him to gain value
I agree. Even if they're unlikely, they're still plausible. But right now, Doctson doesn't seem to be a smart add with Pryor, Crowder and Reed in front of him. But, things change and if you believe in the talent, get him.

As far as selling him goes, I think this is the best time if you're not a true believer.

User avatar
thebeast
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4532
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby thebeast » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 pm

I think his value continues to go lower and there will bra better buy low opportunity. It will take him time to have weekly fantasy value and it might not be this year with many others infront of him. Owners will get antsy if he is healthy and not quickly being involved.

User avatar
Jason3123
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2572
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:49 pm

StableOfRBs wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm
Jason3123 wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:03 pm
I like Doctson as a prospect but I would not give up a 1st for him. His value can only continue to go down where as a 1st can't. If you can package a lesser/older player and a later pick for him (like Wallace and a 3rd as mentioned above), I think that's worth the investment. Depends on the owner in your league and his patience/situation.
Well that's just not true, there's several things that could cause him to gain value
Sorry, poorly worded. I meant Doctson's value can drastically go down, a la Perriman, Funchess, Adams, Agholor, other highly coveted WR's who bombed their first 2 years. And sure it could bounce back in Y3 a la Adams, but I would still rather have the 1st round pick, versus trading it for a player who really would just be a luxury addition. I mean I doubt anyone is banking on Doctson to be a startable WR. Why trade a future 1st, which is only going to increase in value, for a depth/luxury WR prospect who could possibly tank. That's what I meant.

But obviously devil's advocate, Doctson could take off and then it might cost a lot more than a 1st. I just don't find it likely since he's at best a 3rd option, probably the 4th option.

trc
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Is now a good time to trade for Doctson?

Postby trc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:08 am

StableOfRBs wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:30 pm
trc wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:24 pm
StableOfRBs wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:53 pm
Best time to buy would've been right after WAS signed Pryor. Because Doctson's injury was known all summer long a lot of owners that drafted June-August were aware of the risk to his season and weren't expecting as much from him (at least I know I wasn't) and he was targeted fairly heavily in the very small amount of snaps he played in the regular season last year (had a target/snap share of 19.4%, OBJ's last year was 16.9%) with half of his 6 targets being in the RZ, he did nothing to lower his value other than not being healthy which his owners were most likely prepared for so they're all pretty much holding right now rather than risk selling low on a guy who could be a big target hog
So based on this I should expect around 120 targets for him this season? Barring injuries ofc.
Or what is the use of the statistics you provided?
That if he's healthy and on the field he should see a good target share in the Redskins offense, they put him on the field last year to use him, not just run routes and be a decoy or to block, but to involve him. I would expect that to carry over to this year as well. I acknowledged that it was a small sample size but it still shows that they wanted to get him going in the offense.
I actually do think they will involve him, but not based on extrapolating and cherry picking this extremely low sample size (catch ratio of 33,3 %).

I would put heavy weight into draft capital spent.
12 team ppr | 0.5 per reception | 4pts pass TD | 6pts rec/rush TD | 1pts per 25 passing yard | 1 pts per 10 rec/rush yard
Start: 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

QBs: Brees - Luck - Hundley - Mahomes
RBs: Gio - Crowell - Damien Williams - Jeremy Hill - Charchandrick - Christine Michael
WRs: Alshon Jeffery - Doug Baldwin - Sammy Watkins - JMatt - Corey Davis - Ricardo Louis - Chris Godwin - Ryan Grant - Isaiah Ford - Mack Hollins
TEs: Trey Burton - Jonnu Smith - Jake Butt - Clive Walford

Rebuild progress -> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=150498


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Donny Wristwatch, fakespike13, Lotto4Life, wingnutty and 13 guests