Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Zeke Suspension

Postby _yeti » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:27 am

Missile wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:54 am
_yeti wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:42 pm
Missile wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:15 pm
Um, no. I'm talking about your first response to me. Why don't you scroll back a little bit more where you state that the suspensions are a distraction for us simpletons so that we will overlook the CTE issue.
"Yes, I think they do to get good boy points from fans who think the right place to litigate moral conduct is in a sports league because the athletes make a lot of money. To distract those simpletons from the fact that everyone who leaves this sport leaves with CTE. Anything to keep people from being outraged about that."

Points I made:
1) the NFL scores points with fans who want the NFL to punish people for what they see as immoral conduct.
2) a lot of fans think the NFL should punish people for immoral conduct because the athletes make a lot of money, even if what they did is technically not illegal in some cases or if they are still innocent in the eyes of the law.
3) I think the above type of people are simpletons.
4) The NFL is willing to punish for perceived immoral conduct to keep the simpletons (or fans out for blood) happy.
5) The NFL knows that concussions and CTE are a looming asteroid ready to cause apocalypse to the NFL if the same outrage were aimed at that and people don't realize you can't stop it without changing what football is.
6) So the NFL is happy to keep the outrage and the news on something else, like one players behavior.

I didn't want to say all that because I don't want to word dump all over every thread so I said it in a paragraph.

I'm curious to know your belief. Do you think Zeke's Ex is a liar who self-inflicted those wounds to set up Zeke or do you think he beat her up and you are ok with that because he was not charged or convicted of a crime?
The first one. And they could also have been inflicted in a bar fight (like he said, I have seen women who drink also fight).

And here is why, I am not some callous jerk, I see many people in the courts go down for domestics with what seems to be much less evidence (like she says the guy choked or pushed her or pointed a gun at her). Without damage to the person it is usually mainly her testimony that it is the evidence. Domestic violence is a huge problem, do not get me wrong. But it also hurts real victims if someone is lying because they are mad and know the damage they can do to a rich and famous person.

What is protecting athletes, people we claim to support, from being victims? What prevents a girlfriend in a heated argument, who is about to be broken up with before she touches any money, to say, "oh, you are going to leave me?! I'm going to say you beat me and ruin your career!"

I don't think this is some inside job by the police and prosecutors. You think only the league wants to cover their butt? This isn't the 1970s. This is the age of the internet. You think the prosecutor's office wants it on them that they didn't prosecute a case with major media attention?

So what is more likely, a woman who says she lives with him to the cop (but actually doesn't), might be lying after going on social media to show pictures of bruises that could come from anywhere, including herself. Or, 4 witnesses are lying, the cop fails to arrest Zeke, which wouldn't have even be proving him guilty of a crime, just that there was probable cause to arrest. You know how easy it is to have probable cause? The cop thought she was lying. The prosecutors see this evidence and think there is nothing there or not enough to convict. They looked at photos, text messages, what she has said, everything. That means they didn't think the allegations were credible. You think other domestic cases where people get prison time there is more evidence than this claims to be? Most occur in the home. Sure, some have witnesses saying it happened. This has witnesses saying it didn't, but they aren't credible too because he's famous. What if it was your son or brother? Four people there say it didn't happen, he says it didn't happen. Ready to send him to jail?

But, the league knows the public has been clamoring for suspensions that were harsher than on previous people and incidents. And Zeke can't stay out of the news. And people are saying wow, all these articles, he MUST be guilty. Because of the optics of his other bad public choices (weed shop, the shirt incident, speeding tickets, etc.). Even though the police and prosecutors didn't find her credible she has been and is willing to put these pictures into the public. Rather than be able to prove if he actually did anything, they can prevent a backlash of public opinion and just give him a big suspension.

And for people saying him being a bigger star makes them not want to suspend? No, the opposite. Random player commits crime, their name doesn't trend, newspapers run, "Dolphins player arrested." People click the article, see it's some random backup, never click again. It lasts one news cycle. No public pressure from the public, do whatever you want with that guy, he isn't famous. That's why we have seen tons of NFL players commit crimes but guys like Hardy command the most clicks and will create news that creates news that creates news.

They make a statement and suspend big and now you can't say they aren't hard on domestic violence. And he is one of the biggest stars in the league so why don't the fans forget the past, obviously we are super hard on domestics now.

Also, by delaying their decision on and on and on, they created more and more and more articles about the same thing and I saw people literally use that as evidence, all these articles he must be guilty. But the articles only came from their delay. They are a multi-billion dollar entity, you think the delay is in good faith? They aren't a court of law as others have said, they can spend more and move quicker, and delayed that long because they wanted to. It helped get public support against Zeke.

I don't think the league has a vendetta against Zeke personally (or Tom Brady). I think they ALWAYS have ulterior motives and that has shown in how they have waffled on EVERYTHING when it comes to their discipline.

I don't ironclad know Zeke is innocent, but I see the law saying there isn't even probable cause to charge, which is a bad sign for an accuser. And in America we are innocent until PROVEN guilty. If he really did this, and the NFL will drag his name through the mud, and say he is guilty, might as tell the public what evidence you think actually proves that. Because you have adjudicated him as a man who beats women and he will have to hold that title in front of millions of people for his entire life, without ever having his day in court to prove his innocence.

This is WHY trials are public in America. To avoid this exact type of process. Sure they are a private business, but they are acting LIKE a court of law or court of morality passing judgement on individuals in front of millions without being transparent as to what that person actually did or did not do.

That's what bothers me.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:30 am

Clarion and Rounder, right on 8-)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:30 am

Perception can be greater than reality even to the the point that perception distorts reality.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 am

NanceUSMC wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:34 pm I'm sure I"m late to this party, but I hadn't heard these details yet (certainly hadn't seen the photos)... but this would go a long way towards explaining the 6 games...

TMZ obtained eight photos of bruising on the body of suspended RB Ezekiel Elliott's domestic abuse accuser.
This certainly won't help Elliott's chances of winning an appeal. Ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson took photos of bruising on her arms, hands, neck, and legs following the alleged domestic incident. At the time, Elliott told police officers the woman was injured during a bar fight with someone else.
Source: TMZ.com

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/11/ezekiel-e ... ry-photos/
These pictures are extremely suspect....

First off these injuries didn't happen at the same time... please take the time to look at the photos.

You will see injuries that are there that aren't there later. Also you will see the different clothes she is wearing and the different surroundings. Maybe Zeke hit her? Hard to say with a known liar on the other end that made it clear her goal was to ruin him with obvious pictures that were taken at different times of day and on different days. Would love to see the time stamps on these photos but for now I'm calling major bull.

NFL laid their eggs and probably knows they messed up but had to follow through with their promise.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 am

NFL has literally everything to gain from this suspension. They look good in the public eye. No matter how wrong they may be.

Speculation breeds the reality for most people that do not want to take the time and read and inspect themselves. Most people rather be blind.....
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:10 am

Maybe he was advised on what to say but even his tweet wasn't a clear denial of the accusations but that he disagrees with the league's ruling apologizing to family and saying he needs to mature.

Probably just reading too much into it but we've seen guys accused of considerably less make much stronger denials.

As far as the NFL's motives, I am shocked Goodell would go against the 2 strongest owners in back to back off seasons. No matter how much money the league is making, he can't have much job security if Kraft/Jerry want him out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:49 am

Anyone in drafts going on this week - hope you can share where Elliot is going now - whether its mock, re-draft, best ball or startup.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 am

onetwothree wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:10 am Maybe he was advised on what to say but even his tweet wasn't a clear denial of the accusations but that he disagrees with the league's ruling apologizing to family and saying he needs to mature.

Probably just reading too much into it but we've seen guys accused of considerably less make much stronger denials.

As far as the NFL's motives, I am shocked Goodell would go against the 2 strongest owners in back to back off seasons. No matter how much money the league is making, he can't have much job security if Kraft/Jerry want him out.
I might be mistaken but I dont recall Jerry Jones objecting to Bradys 4 game suspension so he wont be able to publicly object to Elliots. Nor is it likely he will get much support from Kraft.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:32 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:49 am Anyone in drafts going on this week - hope you can share where Elliot is going now - whether its mock, re-draft, best ball or startup.
19th overall in 12man PPR redraft going on right now on ESPN.
#FreeCoreyDavis

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:35 pm

I took him at 2.05 in a MFL10

Thats a 12 team best ball re-draft with 20 roster spots.

rithkhmer
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby rithkhmer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:46 pm

thank for good topic and great...

pirates of the caribbean 5

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm

So let me get this straight. The NFL who is printing money felt they needed to look good to the public. So, they decided that ruining the reputation of one of their young stars was the perfect plan. And to stop the conversation around CTE they decided to do a long investigation, suspend the kid for 6 games, and literally state that they believe he physically abused the girl publicly. This is brilliant as I am sure no one is thinking about CTE anymore, or ever again, and Zekes reputation will bounce right back from being a woman beater. I think all this is highly unlikely and it would be beyond deplorable. If you however actually believe that this is what is happening then shame on you for supporting the NFL in anyway as it means you are basically ok with these types of things.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:02 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm So let me get this straight. The NFL who is printing money felt they needed to look good to the public. So, they decided that ruining the reputation of one of their young stars was the perfect plan. And to stop the conversation around CTE they decided to do a long investigation, suspend the kid for 6 games, and literally state that they believe he physically abused the girl publicly. This is brilliant as I am sure no one is thinking about CTE anymore, or ever again, and Zekes reputation will bounce right back from being a woman beater. I think all this is highly unlikely and it would be beyond deplorable. If you however actually believe that this is what is happening then shame on you for supporting the NFL in anyway as it means you are basically ok with these types of things.
This is a heavy-handed and dishonest characterization of what I said. I spent a decent amount of time honestly laying out my thoughts and anyone reading is entitled to takeaway whether they agree or not. This isn't what I said.

The ultimate takeaway is right in the beginning of your response. I believe the NFL is constrantly wavering to bend to public opinion, you do not. Anyone who wants to read my take on that can see my last post, or they can agree with you that that is not the case. That's pretty much all I have left to say between the two of us on this.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:14 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:49 am Anyone in drafts going on this week - hope you can share where Elliot is going now - whether its mock, re-draft, best ball or startup.
I have a 3 keeper, 0.5 PPR, superflex in a week. I will be keeping Jameis, Evans, and Zeke.

Other options include J Howard, ARob, Martavis

Seems like an easy choice but we do a 3 year cycle and then reset the league. This is year 2 so I'll have Zeke next year as well.
Last edited by pokerface40 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:36 pm

thebeast wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm So let me get this straight. The NFL who is printing money felt they needed to look good to the public. So, they decided that ruining the reputation of one of their young stars was the perfect plan. And to stop the conversation around CTE they decided to do a long investigation, suspend the kid for 6 games, and literally state that they believe he physically abused the girl publicly. This is brilliant as I am sure no one is thinking about CTE anymore, or ever again, and Zekes reputation will bounce right back from being a woman beater. I think all this is highly unlikely and it would be beyond deplorable. If you however actually believe that this is what is happening then shame on you for supporting the NFL in anyway as it means you are basically ok with these types of things.

Pretty horrendous breakdown of what was said honestly.

Seems heavily biased and as if someone is seeing red.

Be more open minded.