Foreman arrested

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Knox Steel Curtain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Foreman arrested

Postby Knox Steel Curtain » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:43 pm

He is also behind Alfred Blue on depth chart.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:42 pm You can't count on Foreman this year. Relying on him to do anything will only disappoint. Take backs like Jamaal Williams and Conner over him. The hate for Lamar Miller is just silly. Texans offense is mediocre at best with an average OL. Both Steelers and Packers have better lines. I would rather take risk that Bell is either hurt or does not resign next year and go with Conner. No way this guy should go over several backs with this legal stuff hanging over him. Foreman is great at running through huge holes.
Can't argue with that logic.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:42 pm You can't count on Foreman this year. Relying on him to do anything will only disappoint. Take backs like Jamaal Williams and Conner over him. The hate for Lamar Miller is just silly. Texans offense is mediocre at best with an average OL. Both Steelers and Packers have better lines. I would rather take risk that Bell is either hurt or does not resign next year and go with Conner. No way this guy should go over several backs with this legal stuff hanging over him. Foreman is great at running through huge holes.
Yet you're advocating for the guy being TyMont...
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:36 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:14 pm 90% sure the legal charges won't stick. After that, it's just a matter of league discipline, and it seems unlikely in this scenario. And even if I'm wrong, it wouldn't happen until 2018 at the earliest.
Yeah given his willingness to take a drug test and then pass it certainly helped him as far as the league is concerned
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:12 am

Knox Steel Curtain wrote:You can't count on Foreman this year. Relying on him to do anything will only disappoint. Take backs like Jamaal Williams and Conner over him.
All three names here are backups to entrenched starters, so 'relying on him to do anything will only disappoint' is a moot point when you try to connect that to an argument in favor of Williams and Conner. One can't rely on any of these three names to do something this year, obviously.

Cliff notes guidelines, determining who should be higher on your board comes down to two factors: 1.) your estimation of his talent/potential 2.) his likelihood of making starts this year.

Point 1... I would say broadly that all three have solid tape, and I won't get into nitpicking each here to determine who was 'best' because that would deserve practically its own thread and would be lots of subjective. Putting that aside and getting objective, Foreman was the higher draft pick and has the best metrics by a wide margin, so history favors his odds ahead of the other two. Next I would place Williams owing to his body of work in college if not his metrics, and last I would place Conner -- his story is great and I'm pulling for him, but the objective reality is that his metrics are mediocre and 2014 was a long time ago.

Point 2 also slightly favors Foreman, because Lamar Miller has consistently proven that he struggles with durability; this is exactly the reason the Texans used a quality Day 2 pick on RB a year after signing Miller to a rich contract -- they're worried about Miller now after they saw how he struggled to make it through the rest of the season after being used heavily Weeks 1-3. Next I would again place Williams because TyMont ofc is still an experiment-in-process by GB that may not work out, and last again comes Conner because he happens to be behind a superstar that the Steelers are still much more likely than not to get re-signed long-term.

Incidentally, this also explains for you the doubt around here regarding Miller. Two different coaching staffs in Miami and now seemingly a third in Houston have tried to use Miller as a workhorse. The first two came to the conclusion that Miller couldn't do it, and now the third seems to be halfway toward deciding it as well.
Foreman is great at running through huge holes.
Everyone is, bud. Try actually studying his film and make a real criticism. Foreman was fourth in his class this year in forced missed tackles, so obviously he wasn't just waltzing through open space all the time.
Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:43 pm He is also behind Alfred Blue on depth chart.
Houston didn't use a Day 2 pick on an RB to keep him third on the depth-chart for long. Also: Alfred Blue is replacement-level or worse.
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pm Can't argue with that logic.
/s
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Take advantage of all the clairvoyant prognosticators who say Foreman doesn't stand a chance this season. I snagged him with the 2.11 on the day of his arrest and couldn't be happier. Lamar Miller was one of the most inefficient backs in the NFL last season. Those above saying Alfred Blue will be ahead of him... by all means, I root for them to go out and pick up Alfred Blue. Guys with Foreman's size, speed, and college production are extremely rare and have terrific historical success rates in the NFL.

Many of the best minds in fantasy/dynasty have their eyes zeroed in on Foreman as THE guy to target after the big 5.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Take advantage of all the clairvoyant prognosticators who say Foreman doesn't stand a chance this season. I snagged him with the 2.11 on the day of his arrest and couldn't be happier. Lamar Miller was one of the most inefficient backs in the NFL last season. Those above saying Alfred Blue will be ahead of him... by all means, I root for them to go out and pick up Alfred Blue. Guys with Foreman's size, speed, and college production are extremely rare and have terrific historical success rates in the NFL.

Many of the best minds in fantasy/dynasty have their eyes zeroed in on Foreman as THE guy to target after the big 5.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm

I'd wager that every hater on Lamar Miller will be some of the very ones to defend Hopkins last season as a product of a bad offense. 1200+ combined yards now in an offense where he was underutilized in Miami and then a crap offense last season. The idea that Foreman is going to get an opportunity for meaningful carries because Miller has been ineffective is a joke.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:49 pm

skip wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm The idea that Foreman is going to get an opportunity for meaningful carries because Miller has been ineffective is a joke.
How would you define meaningful carries.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:33 pm

This is a bad post. Please disregard.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:49 pm
skip wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm The idea that Foreman is going to get an opportunity for meaningful carries because Miller has been ineffective is a joke.
Some seem to be expecting a time share. I do not. Miller will end up averaging 20 touches a game. Foreman will be there to spell him as needed once he moves past Blue on the depth chart.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:51 pm

skip wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:26 pm Some seem to be expecting a time share. I do not. Miller will end up averaging 20 touches a game. Foreman will be there to spell him as needed once he moves past Blue on the depth chart.
I agree with this. He did well last year given the QB situation. He did miss 2 games but still played in the playoffs in games where they game planned specifically against the run. Will he be a top 3 RB? Probably not. But RB4-8 finish is not at all out of the question the next 2 years. Foreman is a great handcuff in the wings if things do go south though.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Houston averages 493 rush attempts per year under BOB the last 3 years. There are enough attempts for Foreman to have a significant role without passing Miller.
If both are healthy, I would guess something like 230:160 carries in favor of Miller, with Miller getting more targets and Foreman getting primary GL work.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:11 pm

skip wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:26 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:49 pm
Some seem to be expecting a time share. I do not. Miller will end up averaging 20 touches a game. Foreman will be there to spell him as needed once he moves past Blue on the depth chart.
I mean, it's probably not going to start out as a timeshare but it certainly could become one. That team is not going to want to throw the ball, they'll likely run it around 30 times a game. There might be more than enough carries to go around even if Miller is getting 20-25 touches a game. I think at the very least they might use Foreman around the goalline, he might not get a ton of carries at first but he might score quite a few td's his rookie season. We'll see.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Mefisto wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:51 pm
skip wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:26 pm Some seem to be expecting a time share. I do not. Miller will end up averaging 20 touches a game. Foreman will be there to spell him as needed once he moves past Blue on the depth chart.
I agree with this. He did well last year given the QB situation. He did miss 2 games but still played in the playoffs in games where they game planned specifically against the run. Will he be a top 3 RB? Probably not. But RB4-8 finish is not at all out of the question the next 2 years. Foreman is a great handcuff in the wings if things do go south though.
Seems somewhat of a Derrick Henry-lite to me. Minus the draft pedigree. Henry has the edge in Sparq and bench, Foreman has the edge in BMI and straight-line speed. Both are big backs with college production, and both sit behind proven NFL RB's. But for the price of acquisition of Foreman versus what you'd have paid to add Henry in 2016 I think it would be a mistake not to see the value in snagging Foreman at his current ADP.

I believe he's got chance to be special at a very reasonable price. If I'm wrong, it's not as though you'd have wasted a ton of draft capital to find out. All the better if you're a Miller owner.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku