Kelce worth? Trade on table

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Kelce worth Olsen plus 2 2's

Hell ya!
67%
Not worth the upgrade
33%

Total votes: 27

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kelce worth? Trade on table

Postby smallxl » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:17 am

IR1 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:18 pmKelce for me
Kelce for me too
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

jahbemis
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jahbemis » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:49 pm

sloth8u wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:45 am
Kramer wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:04 pm
jahbemis wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:09 pm You should be able to get more for Kelce. Olsen and a future 1st at least.
This.
Would people pay this? Not real sure. Doubt most would with the current te landscape. Just too many owners with young te's nowadays.
For a contending team, I think an owner would pay this. Especially for a top TE. I have Kelce, and I think he is a good sell candidate, but for the right price. He may not finish top TE this year, but he'll be close. There is no Maclin. Who else is gonna catch passes in KC this year? If you are looking to sell Kelce, I wouldn't just sell him to sell him. He's gonna be good for a while, so you would want something good in return. A trade I have been playing around with is Kelce for Olsen and Evan Engram. That way I get a starting TE for now, and then one that I believe will be a top TE in the future.
12 Team Devy league .5ppr start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1 D/ST, 1K (25 man roster)
QB: Roethlisberger, Mariota
RB: D Murray, Henry, Dalvin Cook, L. Murray, Doug Martin, R. Mathews, Jennings, Artis Payne, Drake, Zenner
WR: A Brown, OBJ, D Adams, D Thomas, Doctson, Strong, Justin Hardy
TE: Kelce, Walford, Cook, Crocket Gilmore
Devys: Kalen Ballage, James Washington, Trenton Irwin
2 2018 1st and 2 2018 Devy picks
D/ST: Don't matter
K: Don't matter

12 Team Super Flex TE Premium .5ppr start: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2 TE, 1SuperFlex, 1DEF/S (25 man roster)
QB: Mariota, Tyrod Taylor, Garoppolo, Desean Watson\
RB: L Murray, P Perkins, K. Dixon, Gio, Rob Kelley, CJ Procise, T. West, Kamara, Joe Williams
WR: Evans, Hopkins, ARob, Lockett, M. Mitchell, Moncreif, Sanu, Mike Williams
TE: Ertz, Henry, Njoku
D/ST: Don't matter

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:28 pm

jahbemis wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:49 pm
sloth8u wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:45 am
Kramer wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:04 pm

This.
Would people pay this? Not real sure. Doubt most would with the current te landscape. Just too many owners with young te's nowadays.
For a contending team, I think an owner would pay this. Especially for a top TE. I have Kelce, and I think he is a good sell candidate, but for the right price. He may not finish top TE this year, but he'll be close. There is no Maclin. Who else is gonna catch passes in KC this year? If you are looking to sell Kelce, I wouldn't just sell him to sell him. He's gonna be good for a while, so you would want something good in return. A trade I have been playing around with is Kelce for Olsen and Evan Engram. That way I get a starting TE for now, and then one that I believe will be a top TE in the future.
i own him in several leagues, there hasnt been much interest to be honest. most owners are content with those vets that have been putting up numbers and the new talent is comming into the league. it happens most years. "who's the next gronk?" im not disagreeing about buying or selling...im just not sure the market is there that you may believe in most instances. i certainly think you can get it if you put in the leg work...but like you mentioned, an owner can already see that they have olsen and engram/young te...and may not be inclined to accept a deal like that. i'll also mention (since you brought it up)....do not make that trade. keep kelce. he is exactly what your hoping engram to be in a few years. just keep kelce. that is not moving him for good value or production for that matter.

in terms of owning him, i still have a few drafts to go, and a few leagues start really getting active in the next few weeks. there is the possibility that i'll get bombarded with kelce offers in the near future. i own him with other solid te's in the majority of leagues where i own him...if i were to sell...i cant imagine a scenario where id sell kelce for te/s...if your leaguemates want to put that kind of premium on him, get yourself a solid player or just keep him.

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:34 pm

I think I overpaid by the 2.7, but I'm ok with it. Olsen is rock solid but when players get into their 30s the decline could come at any time. I don't think the qb will matter to kelce too much, if maholmes is better u think Reed will just say let's not throw to our best weapon now? Kelce is intriguing and I'm not sure he has hit his ceiling yet. Pretty good first two years, then broke out last year. We have seen the best of Olsen, and he has played through a lot of injuries, just don't see Olsen continuing to have top 4 seasons and to decline. I'm willing to bet two second rounders kelces best football is yet to come.
Last edited by Jmatt>Coleman on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:35 pm

Jmatt>Coleman wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 am Had a great first two seasons and broke out last. Without maclin he is the guy there. Took a chance and took the deal. Feel it improved my starting. We will see
i like the deal for you. dont believe you overpaid, and a deal i would make in nearly any instance. id suggest that you could offer up hooper if its for the team in your sig if you wanted to re-coop a pick. in general, the price was right to make the move imo.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:38 pm

The two 2nd's will probably turn into a back end WR3 and a miss. Make the leap from Olsen to Kelce. You might be able to get a third added back your way.

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:52 pm

The OP doesn't deserve Kelce since the OP doesn't understand Kelce's value.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

ddog2303
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ddog2303 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:56 pm

I would take the deal. I think it's highly unlikely that Njoku is there at pick 19. I'd take Kelce over all but 2-3 other TEs. Olsen isn't one of them.
8 team SUPERFLEX, PPR, .2 PPC, 1.5PPR for TEs, 5 point passing TDs, IDP
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 SF, 1 K
3DL, 4 LB, 4 DB

QB- Rodgers, Wentz,
RB- DJ, Barkley, Kamara, Cook, Mixon, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Lindsay, Powell
WR- AB, OBJ, Nuk, Michael Thomas, Adams, Watkins, Josh Gordon, Dante Pettis, Doctson, Tyrell, Josh Reynolds
TE- Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Hunter Henry, Shaheen
DL- Watt, Donald, Campbell, Griffen, Graham, Irving
LB- Kuechly, Lee, Kwon, Martinez, Hicks, Eric Kendricks, Edmunds, Preston Brown, Hitchens
DB- Landon Collins, Keanu Neal, Poyer, Hyde, Quin, Cyprien

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:57 pm

albedo1986 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:09 am
sloth8u wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 am Serious question....Has kelce finished top 8 before last year? Seems as if prior to the big week 16, we were considering kelce in the large group of serviceable options.
Basically this. Kelce is being supported by an offense run by Alex Smith and Andy Reid (who knows how to milk the sheet out of his few weapons). As soon as Alex is out, expect immediate changes from the Gunslinger. I still think Kelce will likely be a TE1 range kind of guy, but he will no longer finish as THE TE1.
Are the abpve two posts serious - or is this trolling?
Three years as the starter - Kelce has finished top 7 in each year in traditional PPR scoring leagues.

Serviceable?
The guy tied the NFL record for most consecutive 100yd games by a TE last season.

He's not a dink and dunk safety valve TE. If anything - he is BEING SERIOUSLY HELD BACK by the lack of downfield attempts in the KC offense. Kelce is a severe mismatch down the seams for almost every LB and safety in the league.

Posts and responses like this drive me crazy.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:27 pm

cvbuc wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:57 pm
sloth8u wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:22 am Serious question....Has kelce finished top 8 before last year? Seems as if prior to the big week 16, we were considering kelce in the large group of serviceable options.
Basically this. Kelce is being supported by an offense run by Alex Smith and Andy Reid (who knows how to milk the sheet out of his few weapons). As soon as Alex is out, expect immediate changes from the Gunslinger. I still think Kelce will likely be a TE1 range kind of guy, but he will no longer finish as THE TE1.
Three years as the starter - Kelce has finished top 7 in each year in traditional PPR scoring leagues.

Serviceable?
The guy tied the NFL record for most consecutive 100yd games by a TE last season.

He's not a dink and dunk safety valve TE. If anything - he is BEING SERIOUSLY HELD BACK by the lack of downfield attempts in the KC offense. Kelce is a severe mismatch down the seams for almost every LB and safety in the league.

if guys "go down the seams" as you suggest...they are going to get the ball. things "opening up" for kelce dont necessarily mean that he gets the ball. in fact, an andy reid offense does not suggest that the te will deserve any sort of "priority" option.

i, by no means, disagree with anything that your saying......I OWN LOTS OF KELCE SHARES... i love the trade for our op and the value in general... he sold olsen "high"....i can also see how that may appeal to the kelce owner in this instance.

im a kelce guy, drafted him, and traded for him over the last few years. you cant be much higher than i am...but the question in hand is his value...

our op took a nice deal imo....but my question is.....who's paying more? the guy gave olsen, njkou, 2nd. some in the post would suggest the price is higher. i have no problem paying it for your guy.....but i seriously would like to see who's giving more?...

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:12 pm

i would take kelce...

i do not know why some think that a change of QB would be a bad thing for kelce....don't many think that a rookie QB likes to lean on TEs? so wouldn't mahomes be an asset to kelce value?
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

albedo1986
Role Player
Role Player

Postby albedo1986 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:39 pm

cvbuc wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Serviceable?

Whoa simmer down there slick Rick. He's been top 7 as in the number 6-7 TE - with - once again, Alex Smith. I am by no means saying that Kelce is BAD, I'm saying that he works perfectly in this offense for Alex Smith. What I'm saying is that he's overvalued and will likely regress, he is a TE1 but I do not see him repeating as THE TE1, I see him sitting somewhere between that 5-7 range. It was a down year for TEs, and given his PPR points would've put him at the TE6 spot last year, which is about where I think he should be, but people are saying that he is Gronk? Are you kidding? Gronk is quite literally a generational talent. I personally believe that Conley is going to finally be given a true chance to shine with deep balls once Mahomes comes on board, and if not him, another true WR1 and there will be no need to lean on Kelce so much. Mahomes might make the team some overpowered offense and support TEs and WRs, who knows, but if I were to bet money - I'd bet that it gets it's WR core perked up after next year.

SHIZZLE
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby SHIZZLE » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Stick with Kelce, olson is on his way out and 2-2's are potential but nothing solid yet. Mahommes may breath life into this offense next year
12 team PPR
QB- Lamar, Burrow, Richardson
WR- K. Allen, Garrett Wilson, Pickens, OBJ, DeVonta Smith, Wan'dale, Tillman
RB- McCaffrey, Chubb, Sanders, Dobbins, Brian Robinson, Roschon, Ford, Rodriguez
TE- Henry, Knox, Ferguson, Laporta, Darnell washington
K- Butker
DST- Steelers, eagles

2024 picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX (WR/RB/TE), K, DST -------1 pt. - PPR

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:18 pm

If this is pre draft I'm making the deal. I'd then look to package the 2 2nds and move up in the draft. With Henry and Ebron as backups I'd make the deal.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Jmatt>Coleman
Starter
Starter

Postby Jmatt>Coleman » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:56 am

Really turning into the debate! Love it! I'm really happy with the deal, and believe it helped my frenemy as well. I like making win win trades and not hosing people. I still have 2.10 and will get the guy I wanted anyway. A lot of these second round guys have bust written all over them. Kelce is a fourth year te who has gotten better every year. Outside of a gronk playing 16 games (wouldn't bet on it), not sure who else u think is gonna take this spot. I would have given the third 2 if necessary. I am excited to see kelce hit his peak before I worry about his decline.
12 team superflex qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/te/flex/superflex
Starters in caps.
QB: DAK, BLAKE
Rb: BARKLEY, 4NETTE, HENRY, Yeldon, J.Hill, M. Gillislee.
Wr: NUK, COOKS, AR15, FUNCHESS, Jmatt, Pryor, Boyd, M. Lee, Cole, K. Wright, E. Decker
TE: ENGRAM, Olsen, Ebron

2018 1.12
2019 1,2, 2, 4

16 team superflex
QB
RB
WR
TE