Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Zeke's Value after all these incidents

Postby _yeti » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:13 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:58 pm Even though he's got a couple years on Zeke I'd still take DJ, much more important part of his team's offense than zeke is with none of the off the field issues, you can make up for the age difference elsewhere on your roster, even in non PPR give me DJ
Exact opposite of this for me. Also, what happens to that franchise once Palmer is done? (Which could be as early as this year or next).

The concept of "off-field issues" is by far the lamest thing to ever malign the sport of football. Dern public and their pitchforks
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Adidas95
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Adidas95 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:17 pm

_yeti wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:13 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:58 pm Even though he's got a couple years on Zeke I'd still take DJ, much more important part of his team's offense than zeke is with none of the off the field issues, you can make up for the age difference elsewhere on your roster, even in non PPR give me DJ
Exact opposite of this for me. Also, what happens to that franchise once Palmer is done? (Which could be as early as this year or next).

The concept of "off-field issues" is by far the lamest thing to ever malign the sport of football. Dern public and their pitchforks
I'm a little worried because I'm a jags fan and saw Blackmon fizzle out of control and out of the league

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:36 pm

_yeti wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Same thing that happened last year in the games Palmer didn't play in, that and the fact that nobody is scheming against Palmer anymore and they weren't last year, they were 100% focused on DJ and the run game and he still led the NFL in scrimmage yards and TDs

Last year Isaiah Crowell did pretty well with the worst passing game in the NFL and DJ is miles better than Crowell in terms of talent so I'm pretty sure DJ will be just fine when Palmer is gone
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:43 pm

I don't think his production will fall off a cliff by any means, I just think that offense is trending downward. Also, been a DJ skeptic since the beginning, I have to accept he's the real deal but I still prefer Zeke. Youth, style, team situation
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:58 pm

I have had DJ and Bell 1a and 1b with Zeke at 3, so this does not change that of course.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Doesn't change a bit for me. Just a kid going through life. Just happens to be under a microscope.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:21 pm

I'm going to wait and see what happens in terms of suspension and ongoing investigation stuff, but at this point, I'm not moving him in my rankings just yet. I have him as my RB1 and considered dropping him to RB2 or 3, but I'll hold off in doing that for now.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:41 pm

I still think he's the #1 RB. He's a few years younger than Bell or DJ, his o-line is quite a bit better than the Steelers and way better than the Cards, not to mention, the Cards have the look of a soon to be rebuilding team, Fitz is gone after this season, probably Palmer, maybe Arians. Then you have Bell who may not be in Pitt after this season and has had past troubles with drugs and a couple of knee injuries. The only knock on Zeke is off the field concerns, which he's definitely making some dumb decisions but he's super young(turns 22 Saturday), so some of it, is to be expected.

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:42 pm

Changes nothing. The dude is a 21yo, about to be 22yo, kid. Immature, yes. Hella stupid at times, yes. But I also think that half of the people who participate in this forum would be embarrassed as hell if all the dumb bleep we did at his age would come to light in the public eye. Difference is, we don't live in the public eye. He'll grow up. But until then, I expect him to make every dumb mistake that typical early 20's kids make. Especially early 20's kids with money.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:33 pm

I don't think you can drop him lower than RB3 at this point. Many already had him there so worst case scenario these incidents (the ones we are presently aware of) can only make him the least valuable of the the top tier RBs. He was my RB1 because of my injury and drug concerns with Bell, and thinking DJ just wasn't as good as these two (looking like I was wrong), but I might be doing some rearranging in the near future
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

CooperCrush
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CooperCrush » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:54 am

Would anyone trade Zeke for M Gordon and an earl 2018 1st?
Team 1: 1 PPR- 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 1 flex, 1 d, 1k

QB: Herber, Rodgers, Lawrence
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Walker, J Cook, Kamara, Dobbins, Mixon, Ford
WR: AJB, DK, Godwin, Higgins, Pittman, London, J Williams, Sutton, Mooney,
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Henry
2024 picks: 1.1 and 1.9

Team 2: 12 team 1 PPR-1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex
25 team rosters

Team 2
QB:Allen, Fields, Carr
RB: CMC, Swift, JT, ETN, LF, Hines, Allgeier, Benjamin
WR: Godwin, Diggs, Boyd, M Brown, Claypool, ARSB, osbourne, C Davis, Wakins,
TE: Waller, Engram, L Thomas

Team 3 48 teams:half PPR- 1qb (6pts TD), 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 te, 2flex, 1d, 1pk
QB: Wilson, Josh Allen
RB: Mixon, Chubb, Jacobs, Montgomery, Henderson, Pollard, Bernard, R Freeman, L Miller
WR: Godwin, AJ Brown, ARob, Ridley, Chark, C Davis, JJAW, Ross
TE: Hooper, Herndon, Knox, Oliver, Jonnu
Def: Bills, Saints
PK: Lambo

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:30 am

I don't think Zeke's value should change at all unless some discipline is actually handed out. His name has obviously been in the news quite a bit, but most of his "off field issues" have been rather silly. And as to today, in the 2 incidents that *could* end up hurting his stock (Assault from 2016/Fight the other night) the police have decided to NOT press charges.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:38 am

CooperCrush wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:54 am Would anyone trade Zeke for M Gordon and an earl 2018 1st?
This is tough. I think Melvin is a very good but probably not elite asset. If you make this deal and end up with Guice/Barkley, then you will probably come out ahead. However, Im not sure I could be comfortable enough prediction the future to make this deal.

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:55 am

I dont think these issues have changed his value much. I do think that there are some owners that would like to sell, but not at a discount. They probably want a similar valued player the likes of a top five pick. These same people are the ones that don't own Martavis or Josh Gordon. I can see Zeke continuing to have trouble. So while some may be selling, they probably aren't selling at much, if any, of a discount.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Adidas95
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Adidas95 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:27 am

So I must ask now, would you trade DJ for Zeke in non ppr?