Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Ezekiel Elliott - Possible Suspension

Postby Friction » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Good break down of bar fighting metrics. You could take it a step further and compare the amount of fights involving your typical bar scum, college kids, multi-million dolaar athletes/entertainers, and politicians. Would be an interesting pie chart.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm

Oh, and to answer OP's original post. I wouldn't buy McFadden for anything. Maybe a 4th. I would blow some FAAB on him. He has value as a handcuff regardless of a suspension but only in leagues deep enough where you can actually afford to roster a player who literally does nothing most weeks.

And in terms of Zeke, doesn't impact his value at all IMO. Even if Goodell struck down some bogus suspension against him.

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 pm

I personally feel the most concerning information we have seen/ heard about Zeke is his father's quote .... "My biggest worry is ... I don't believe my son knows how to navigate in life being a superstar,"

From what we have seen so far, his father was/is right to be worried. Every few months, Zeke finds his name in the tabloids due to some immature action.

All of that aside, though, he is still a top fantasy asset.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 pm Oh, and to answer OP's original post. I wouldn't buy McFadden for anything. Maybe a 4th. I would blow some FAAB on him. He has value as a handcuff regardless of a suspension but only in leagues deep enough where you can actually afford to roster a player who literally does nothing most weeks.

And in terms of Zeke, doesn't impact his value at all IMO. Even if Goodell struck down some bogus suspension against him.
Long-term, you're probably right. Most people have already forgotten Le'Veon Bell's troubles.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:03 pm Forgive me for being pro-player. I'm tired of all these emotional, hypocritical, uninformed people calling for every player to be executed every time they do something in public. It's exhausting and annoying.
Says the dude who proceeds to emotionally, hypocritically, and uninformedly criticize forum members. ;)

It's a hot take society and a slow news cycle. People are going to jump on every bit of news that trickles out. One witness says Zeke knocked the guy out. Another witness says somebody reached over Zeke to throw the finishing punch. The story is going to be all over the place with a lot of he said, she said for awhile.

It's just interesting when any of these incidents occur to see the line drawn and what side people take and watch their biases come out. I wonder where these same forum members came down on Mixon who had a similar one time incident at a younger age?

Goodell better be careful with punishing Zeke and going against Jerry. Without Kraft on his side, Jerry's all he has. I don't think anything will come of this. 2 game suspension announced for the previous stuff then an appeal to drop to 1 game and everyone saves face and pats themselves on the back.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm

Man, a lot of people get touchy when you bash Zeke a little it seems. I'm not going to comment on the suspension possibilities, but I will say Zeke has kinda rubbed me the wrong way from the door. Aside from all those other off field issues, I don't like his "feed me" celebration, I don't like the flamboyant clothes and attitude in pressers, I didn't like the way he ran around like a moron with no shirt at the skills competition at pro bowl. I'm not saying these things make him a bad person or a thug, It's just his whole persona doesn't sit well with me. But can't deny those stats though...

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm Man, a lot of people get touchy when you bash Zeke a little it seems. I'm not going to comment on the suspension possibilities, but I will say Zeke has kinda rubbed me the wrong way from the door. Aside from all those other off field issues, I don't like his "feed me" celebration, I don't like the flamboyant clothes and attitude in pressers, I didn't like the way he ran around like a moron with no shirt at the skills competition at pro bowl. I'm not saying these things make him a bad person or a thug, It's just his whole persona doesn't sit well with me. But can't deny those stats though...
He is kind of irritating, but isn't his personality directly linked to who he is as a player?
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 pm Man, a lot of people get touchy when you bash Zeke a little it seems. I'm not going to comment on the suspension possibilities, but I will say Zeke has kinda rubbed me the wrong way from the door. Aside from all those other off field issues, I don't like his "feed me" celebration, I don't like the flamboyant clothes and attitude in pressers, I didn't like the way he ran around like a moron with no shirt at the skills competition at pro bowl. I'm not saying these things make him a bad person or a thug, It's just his whole persona doesn't sit well with me. But can't deny those stats though...
Sounds like you're kind of boring and prefer players to not have personalities. Also sounds like you hate every football player ever because every one of them does some sort of feed me persona.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:43 pm

He's a drop in all formats.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm
Sounds like you're kind of boring and prefer players to not have personalities. Also sounds like you hate every football player ever because every one of them does some sort of feed me persona.
Nope, I actually really like some of the me first mentality players, like Sammy Watkins for example. There's a difference between a "my ball" kind of personality, and just acting like a clown. And I think Zeke is a clown. So I guess if not approving of acting like an immature self destructive dolt is boring, count me in. But rest assured I don't hate all football players, I certainly picked the wrong hobby if that were the case.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:00 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:43 pm He's a drop in all formats.
I don't think dynasty owners should just blow this off as nothing. I would be selling - you can get tip top value for him, he has nowhere to go but down. His decision making off the field seems suspect, just a matter of time before there's a real big story, the warning signs are all there staring everyone in the face.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:07 pm

thebeast wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:00 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:43 pm He's a drop in all formats.
I don't think dynasty owners should just blow this off as nothing. I would be selling - you can get tip top value for him, he has nowhere to go but down. His decision making off the field seems suspect, just a matter of time before there's a real big story, the warning signs are all there staring everyone in the face.
As a Zeke owner of course this crosses my mind... but what will be worse? A) a long suspension for something. B) him never getting any long suspensions and continuing to tear up the league

B would hurt too bad... if he screws up big time I think I am going to have to go down with the ship :boohoo:
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:33 pm

It's obvious Zeke is putting himself in bad situations. I say 4 weeks and could be more in 2 months depending on his off field issues. Grab DMC and watch him gain carries throughout the season because the first few games will show that they will want to rest their starter now and again. With no Dunbar and their starting back making stupid choices, McFadden is an easy flier behind a very good line for practically free.
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:39 am

obviously this dude is an idiot and anyone who didn't predict future suspensions after seeing how he dressed on draft night just isn't paying attention.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:31 am

Jason3123 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm Sounds like you're kind of boring and prefer players to not have personalities. Also sounds like you hate every football player ever because every one of them does some sort of feed me persona.
Holy christ, you sound like such a douchebag.