Zeke is a ticking time bomb

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Ezekiel Elliott - Possible Suspension

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:02 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:53 am This story confuses me. How does someone get suspended for something he hasn't been charged and convicted of? Unless I'm missing something, these are only allegations and a lot of people think the plaintiff is lying.
That's what I'm saying and I know I'm extra sensitive because I'm a Cowboys fan but this is crazy to me. If they suspend him without proof, that's just unfair, any way you look at it.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:40 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:53 am This story confuses me. How does someone get suspended for something he hasn't been charged and convicted of? Unless I'm missing something, these are only allegations and a lot of people think the plaintiff is lying.
Because the NFL morality police reside in crazy town where the biggest crime is upsetting public perception. Once you cross a certain threshold of negative articles which vaguely suspect you of something, (even if you have been cleared and that something was fabricated), then you must be punished in public to satisfy the hordes of angry public who are mad that athletes make a lot of money.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:10 am

I feel like you'd have to be really weak at RB to need a guy like Mcfadden the 1st 2-4 weeks. For all we know they go committee & Morris sharks TDs. After that it's Elliots backfield & you burned a spot. If it were closer to the playoffs Mcfaddens value would be higher for many.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:56 am

You have to think there is something more concrete on the side of evidence if a suspension happens. This has hung around way too long for it to have had nothing more than hearsay. Just because what we know as thr public (even nowadays) seems like slander/false accusations, i cant imagine they suspend him without more than the current amount of "stuff". Will be interesting to see, but lets not act shocked if it does. Not like the guy has been a model of perfection, though not necessarily an abuser.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:27 am

Weeman wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:10 am I feel like you'd have to be really weak at RB to need a guy like Mcfadden the 1st 2-4 weeks. For all we know they go committee & Morris sharks TDs. After that it's Elliots backfield & you burned a spot. If it were closer to the playoffs Mcfaddens value would be higher for many.
Noticed you are in a ten team league (in one of your leagues). The talent pool is distributed different and it made me think.

To handcuff Zeke with McFadden:
8 team, 10 team- No
14 team, 16 team- Yes
12 team- depends on roster size and what RBs you have.
Last edited by _yeti on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:35 am

Ray Rice wasn't convicted either, fwiw.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:35 am
:think: He definitely was. He pled guilty so it wasn't a dragged out thing.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 am

_yeti wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 am
You sure you want to stick with "definitely"?

Rice rejected a plea deal, plead not guilty, and had all charges dismissed when he agreed to take anger management counseling via a pre-trial intervention program that means the case won't even show up on his record.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 am

The court system and the NFL discipline system have little to do with one another. They can suspend him for basically anything they want, he can appeal it and they can rule on their own suspension decision. It's a business - they own it, they run it, that's how it works.

As for Zeke. This doesn't matter one bit. It's minor annoyance in redraft and meaningless in dynasty.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:46 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 am

Rice rejected a plea deal, plead not guilty, and had all charges dismissed when he agreed to take anger management counseling via a pre-trial intervention program that means the case won't even show up on his record.
You know what, you're right. I thought he had pled guilty. He entered a pre-trial diversion program because he was a first time offender. I just remembered that he took responsibility and it was over quickly.

But ok, even if it isn't technically a "conviction," it is taking responsibility for the event and being adjudicated within the legal system. What was the point? Because Rice didn't technically get a conviction on his record, Zeke's situation with the NFL is somehow similar when there were never any charges, there were witnesses, and the investigation by the police is over, and everyone pretty much agrees she fabricated it.

What is the point of saying Rice doesn't technically have a conviction? How is that relevant to Zeke? We already are plenty aware you don't need to be convicted of a crime to be suspended in the NFL. To equate Zeke (presumed innocent of any crime) to Rice seems especially unfair given the circumstances.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:10 pm

_yeti wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:46 am
Vcize wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:58 am

You know what, you're right. I thought he had pled guilty. He entered a pre-trial diversion program because he was a first time offender. I just remembered that he took responsibility and it was over quickly.

But ok, even if it isn't technically a "conviction," it is taking responsibility for the event and being adjudicated within the legal system. What was the point? Because Rice didn't technically get a conviction on his record, Zeke's situation with the NFL is somehow similar when there were never any charges, there were witnesses, and the investigation by the police is over, and everyone pretty much agrees she fabricated it.

What is the point of saying Rice doesn't technically have a conviction? How is that relevant to Zeke? We already are plenty aware you don't need to be convicted of a crime to be suspended in the NFL. To equate Zeke (presumed innocent of any crime) to Rice seems especially unfair given the circumstances.
Actually if you go back the post I was replying to when I brought up Rice was one saying that a player shouldn't be able to be suspended if they weren't convicted of a crime.

As to your last sentence, I certainly wasn't equating Zeke to Rice, I was simply responding to that statement. Though I do think it's fair to say the guy on the last page had a point when he said maybe there's more to this that we don't know about if they are talking suspension.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:00 pm

Well a few people passed it off as a female wanting money and any suspension talks were ridiculous.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Do we even know which incident is being investigated?

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:39 pm

onetwothree wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 pm Do we even know which incident is being investigated?
Schefter said the domestic abuse charge from last year iirc
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:15 am

Not Zeke, but hmm... here are some falsely accused football players in the news at the moment. I love how football players can never be viewed as victims, only perpetrators, even when cleared. If the story is fabricated, that's what Zeke is in this , A VICTIM.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-accuse ... --spt.html