I think people are sleeping on Prosise

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Re: I think people are sleeping on Prosise

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 am

Aren't there already a couple threads on this guy? This post reeks of "I just acquired this guy and want to start a thread where people will agree that he's a future stud."

I just had to get that off my chest.

Like others have said, the guy can't stay healthy and Lacy seems motivated. Prosise is currently overrated. Whatever you paid, it was too much.

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:05 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:24 am Aren't there already a couple threads on this guy? This post reeks of "I just acquired this guy and want to start a thread where people will agree that he's a future stud."

I just had to get that off my chest.

Like others have said, the guy can't stay healthy and Lacy seems motivated. Prosise is currently overrated. Whatever you paid, it was too much.
I would have to imagine there are a couple of threads about almost every offensive skill position player that even has a pulse of a chance of getting some playing time, so I am not sure why you wasted your time typing that...I did not just acquire Prosise, I drafted him after I traded up to 2.01 in rookie draft last year to get him..If that is to expensive for you than so be it, that's fine...In my original post I did state that he needed to stay healthy and will admit that he certainly has been injury prone, without question and that could certainly hold him back for sure. I said IF he stays healthy, I believe he is the best back on that roster, by far...and I still say that...so your theory of "I just acquired this guy and want to start a thread where people will agree that he is a future stud" holds no water...I have no problem with you not liking him. That is fine, but trying to make yourself look smart while stating why you think I posted this just isn't right..that is not why I posted it..I posted it because I thought maybe people would take a little longer look at his SKILL level and maybe try to go get him on the cheap..If you interpreted any other way, then I don't know what to tell you..Was just trying to list a player that I think is better than the majority of the people believe he is...I guess you can read into that any way you like. By all means if you do not like him then ignore this thread and move on. All I was trying to do was maybe open a couple peoples eyes, that maybe would take a chance on him. Obviously you aren't 1 of them..and that is fine..But to go out and say the only reason I started the thread was to get people to agree with me that he is a future stud is 100% wrong...All I tried to do was open someones eyes to a player they might not really be looking at yet...why would I come on here for validation of a player I already owned?...I appreciate you contributing to the thread, but you are 100% wrong for why I posted it.

I just had to get that off my chest
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 pm

If you had a 2.2 and Rawls and were RB need is that a good offer for Procise? .5 PPR

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:53 am His current ADP has in right at about 1.12 or 2.01. I don't think I'd pay that, so I'm inclined to say the community isn't sleeping on him.

But if he's your guy, go get'm. Prove the community wrong.
I'm on team Prosise. Took two '18 2nds for me to get him so that seems about right.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:57 pm

This whole backfield is actually putting me to sleep. Not sure I want any of them.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 pm

and fastforward one year and Collins was the back to own
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:32 pm

kamihamster wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 pm and fastforward one year and Collins was the back to own
It's possible. When Fat Eddie messes up his ankle again because he's carrying too many burgers by mid-season and Rawl's washes up...ya' never know.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:49 pm

I think Prosise could be a good pro football player, but it's every bit as rationally valid to suggest that people are 'sleeping' on Rawls, or Lacy.

Nothing about Prosise's objective profile to this point confidently argues we should rate him better than the other down-but-not-out options in Seattle's backfield that have themselves already proven to be very undeserving of fantasy dismissal. Moreso than Prosie, really; afterall, Rawls and Lacy have actually produced as RB1s before, unlike Prosise to this point in time.

The uncomfortable truth for our purposes is that Seattle's backfield is a pure crapshoot. It could be a three-headed committee, or the random result of a three-sided dice-roll. Like it or not, this reality rightly diminishes Prosise's fantasy value, as it also does Rawls and Lacy.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:52 am

Ninotores, I cannot really argue with any of the points you made. I believe they all are valid without a doubt. All I am trying to say is that I believe Prosise is the most talented runner in Seattle, and brings the most to the table...every single thing you say is pretty much true though..i cannot argue that.

WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:53 am

I'm figuring Prosise will get roughly five carries (last year avg 5.7 yards/rush) and a minimum of five targets (last year avg 12.2 yards/rec) in a third down back role as neither Lacy nor Rawls seemed to be used as receivers. In a PPR league, I can see him putting up 10pts a game (25 rush yards, 4 catches for 40 yards). If he does anything more than that, I think he could earn additional touches.
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:13 am

I think if all the backs are fit and healthy that Lacy is the best talent and that will shine through. Now of course he could come in out of shape or get injured, but just comparing the talent, Lacy is above the rest so I would invest in him and hope he is motivated.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 am

*beep* *beep*

'Popcorn just finished in microwave'

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Thank You Goirish. I am not going to let 1 person stop me from posting on here or answering questios..Thank You for the kind words..Some people are just born angry I guess..Again thanks for the kind words!

Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:36 am

I will throw in my thoughts here. Last year I felt prosise was likely one of the best value picks at the rb position in a class full of backs that did not interest me much that were being drafted way too high for what I felt they were worth. This led to me taking him in a couple places.

I still feel he has that talent that led me to believe that. He has good ppr skills, some big play explosiveness, and I feel he has the size and body composition to where he could eventually move into a larger role. That said, if his value is 1.10 to 2.1 rookie pick value right now that doesn't seem like people sleeping on him. That is at least equal to last year where I was getting him and this now in a stronger class. With lacy being added I felt his value should drop and as he isn't someone I have been watching too close lately I was figuring going into this thread with such a title we would be talking about his value being worth downoting around the 2.8 to 2.12.

I feel that he is properly valued. There is potential for gain still so I could see buying him there and I think he fits in that group of rookies in that range. I think he is probably the closest thing to a long term play in seattle's backfield. That said I think the best chance at being the back to own this year is lacy and the best chance for the biggest increase in value is whoever is cheapest between lacy, Rawls, and collins
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 am

I, too, am on team prosise. Call me crazy, but I think a back with receiving chops playing with a mobile QB behind a below average o-line means he will see a lot of dump-offs.

That being said, I do not believe people are sleeping on him and he is currently being valued correctly (which could be seen as overvalued) by the community--I am *not* trying to acquire him, as the price is simply too high for my liking. I'll go after Lacy where I can, but I'm looking for a late 2nd/early 3rd price tag. I'm willing to wait on CJ.