Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby skip » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:21 am

Dr.DBuck wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:04 am For MFL, can anyone tell me their thoughts on the app and if they would recommend it? The site seems pretty detailed, which can be great or a bit too much, in my opinion. I would love to hear some reviews about the app though, as that seems to be the main priority for my league making the switch.
Seems like a rather absurd reason to decide on a hosting site but I am using the MFL app and I like it. I am pretty sure the app is NOT written/provided by MFL (it's 3rd party) but I like the functionality. What is it they need from an app that the site doesn't do?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ADrunkenCaveman
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ADrunkenCaveman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Dr.DBuck wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:04 am My league currently uses CBS, but the complaints about paying an additional fee just for site use is starting to increase. We have been looking all over as well lately and the biggest factor is: does the site have an app.

For MFL, can anyone tell me their thoughts on the app and if they would recommend it? The site seems pretty detailed, which can be great or a bit too much, in my opinion. I would love to hear some reviews about the app though, as that seems to be the main priority for my league making the switch.
Just like any app it could use some work to make things faster, but it is laid out very nicely for just about everything. One of my leagues I think 90% of the people use it because when you do it doesn't update the last time you were on and most of the people in that league haven't been "On" the site for almost a year so they have to be using the app tons. I just started using it and love it compared to a lot of others ive done for fantasy.
17-2
The Wookies
12 team PPR League
S: 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1DEF

QBs: Brady, Flacco
RBs: Zeke, D Murray, McKinnon, Powell
WRs: Hopkins, Cooks, J Nelson, Baldwin, R Matthews, Quick
TEs: Reed, Rudolph, Davis
K: Dawson
DEF: CAR, BAL

9-1
Tune Squad
16 team .5PPR League
S: 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Wilson, Keenum, Flacco
RBs: McCoy, Howard, McKinnon, B Allen, Woodhead
WRs: Evans, Julio, Tate, Smith
TEs: Rudolph, Clay

8-2
Midwest Folks
Co-Owner: pierson242
16 team .5PPR Full IDP League
S: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 3FLEX

QBs: Brees, Wentz, Beathard
RBs: Murray, Miller, Ingram, Gore, Riddick
WRs: AB, Hilton, Dez, Tate, Lafell, Inman, Rodgers, Kearse
TEs: Rudolph, Davis, Watson
DTs: Short, McCoy, Lotulelei, Allen, Sims
DEs: Dunlap, Hicks, Wolf, Robison
LBs: Kirksey, Williams, Foster, Hicks, Perryman, Posluszny, Alexander, Walker, Morgan
CBs: Alford, Slay, Harris, Waynes, Randall, Bradberry, Trufant
Ss: Vaccaro, Mathieu, Church, Evans, Sendejo

mratlanta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mratlanta » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:50 am

The mobile app for a site is VERY important. Myself and most of my league mates in both my primary leagues use the mobile app way more than the site for league interactions, trades, waiver moves, etc etc. The CBS app is awesome and the MLF apps available are functional but pale in comparison. The Yahoo app just sucks.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Mahomes, Cam, Tannehill
RB: LeVeon, Jordan Howard, Latavius, Bryce Love, Ty Johnson
WR: OBJ, Antonio Brown, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Anthony Miller, Arcega-Whiteside,
Diontae Johnson, Hakeem Butler, DJ Chark, Darius Slayton
TE: OJ Howard, Evan Engram, Gerald Everett
K: Zuerlein
DEF: KC

NJGenerals
Rookie
Rookie

Postby NJGenerals » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:32 pm

FFPC user here...it has a great UI and draft room but it could really benefit from having its own app.
12 team PPR (1pt WR/RB, 1.5pt TE)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2FLEX, TE, K, D/ST, 3IR

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:14 am

Did anybody mention TrophyLife?

Coming in March, this website is going to be elite-looking compared to any other site I've ever seen.

The designer & host was on this site earlier: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=136001

If anyone is looking for another option to MFL, I think this site will be everything MFL is and then some.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm thinking of starting a league with some friends and was trying to create a league on ESPN, but am not able to at this time. We were hoping to do an auction start up draft. What site can we use to do an auction draft at this time of the year? We want to ultimately use ESPN, but wanted to get the draft done now and then just load the results of the draft. Thanks!
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:39 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:14 am Did anybody mention TrophyLife?

Coming in March, this website is going to be elite-looking compared to any other site I've ever seen.

The designer & host was on this site earlier: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=136001

If anyone is looking for another option to MFL, I think this site will be everything MFL is and then some.

I signed up for the email to be alerted about this early....kind of disappointed, the founder sent an email basically saying that the product would be ready to launch soon, but none of the unique features would be ready at launch. Doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

turfhero
Rookie
Rookie

Postby turfhero » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:23 am

I stand behind FleaFlicker, plus it's free. I really enjoy their site and very comfortable with it.

bryanmel012
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby bryanmel012 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:49 pm

This is my 3rd year using MFL for our dynasty league. It will be challenging at first for everyone and mostly for the commish but it is clearly the best in my opinion.

MrBalloonHands
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MrBalloonHands » Tue May 23, 2017 9:12 pm

I use Reality Sports Online for one of my leagues. There are some issues with the mobile app and site (it is much easier to do everything via PC) but every year they make improvements to both and their customer service is solid. I have had a few issues (especially in the start up year in 2014) and each time I emailed the site their response was fast and they did everything they could to rectify any problems.

The salary-cap format they use is fantastic. The RSO salary cap changes each year to reflect the actual NFL cap and the site does the calculations on money paid to each player based on the contract length and value. You can set limits to how many long-term contracts each team can sign FAs to during an off-season so there is always a good deal of talent to be dispersed at the auction each year.

DM me if you have any questions. I could go on here but don't feel like a super-long post would be wanted by all.
QB - Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton
RB - Lamar Miller, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffery, Joe Williams, Matt Jones, Mike Davis
WR - Michael Thomas, DeVante Parker, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Josh Doctson, Cooper Kupp, Josh Reynolds, Leonte Carroo, Rashard Higgins, Cameron Meredith, Adam Thielen, Krishawn Hogan, Charone Peake
TE - Martellus Bennett, Evan Engram, Clive Walford, Virgil Green
K - Greg Zuerlein

jnormy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jnormy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:50 pm

turfhero wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:23 am I stand behind FleaFlicker, plus it's free. I really enjoy their site and very comfortable with it.
X2

Thedudewhogetshigh
Starter
Starter

Postby Thedudewhogetshigh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:25 am

jnormy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:50 pm
turfhero wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:23 am I stand behind FleaFlicker, plus it's free. I really enjoy their site and very comfortable with it.
X2

X3. Have had no problems with fleaflicker
Team 1.
16 team 24 man roster.
1 Qb 2 Rb 2 Wr 1 flex 1 d 1 k
Qb: Goff, Lynch, Garrapolo
Rb: Cook, Henry, Dixon, Tolbert
WR: OBJ, AROB, C Coleman, J Schuster, R Anderson K White, B Perriman, M Mitchell, L Treadwell, R Higgins G Allison
TE: J Gresham Butt Gathers
D: San Diego Defence
K: D Hopkins,
Team 2. 16 teams
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 2 flex 1 superflex 2te
Qb: C Wentz K Cousins J Garrapalo
RB: D Cook J Mixon Du Johnson T Rawls O Darkwa C carson
Wr: A Brown AJ Green J Jones A Robinson D Funchess C Coleman Q Enuwa B Ellington J Reynolds
TE: H Henry C Fleener A Derby

Team 3. 16 team
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 flex 1 d 1k
Qb: C Wentz
Rb: D Cook Mixon K Dixon, M Mack M Tolbert
Wr: M Evans, O Beckham M Thomas Q Enuwa Z Jones C Godwin
TE: A Hooper
D: Jaguars
K: M Prater

95dent
Starter
Starter

Postby 95dent » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 am

We are looking to do an online dynasty start up auction, but will be using ESPN to host the league.

What I would like to know is does MFL allow you draft (auction) before paying fees? That way we can draft then transfer the results to ESPN.

Thanks.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:57 pm

95dent wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:57 am We are looking to do an online dynasty start up auction, but will be using ESPN to host the league.

What I would like to know is does MFL allow you draft (auction) before paying fees? That way we can draft then transfer the results to ESPN.

Thanks.
I just did this for a league with my buddies. You can start a league on MFL without paying until the season starts. We did the startup draft and then I just moved the players onto the teams on ESPN. PM me if you have any questions.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

aerofreak
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby aerofreak » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:59 pm

NJGenerals wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:32 pm FFPC user here...it has a great UI and draft room but it could really benefit from having its own app.
What is FFPC?