Williams or Snead +?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Williams or Snead +

Mike Williams + 3rd
43%
Snead + 2nd + 2nd
57%

Total votes: 21

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Williams or Snead +?

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 am

16 team PPR small lineups - 1QB / 1RB / 2WR / 1TE / 1Flex

I give - Mike Williams + 3rd

I get - Willie Snead + 2nd + 2nd

I'm in win now mode. Snead would be my flex backup along with Shepard and Abdullah, with Diggs as my weekly flex. I feel like i'm giving up a quality long term building piece in favor of someone who might be a little better right now. Starters in bold.

QB - Stafford, Mariota
RB - Howard, Abdullah, Foreman, White
WR - Evans, Jordy, Diggs, Shepard, Williams
TE - Olsen, CJF

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Williams or Snead +?

Postby Goddard » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:24 am

Williams

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:48 pm

Snead is more of a win now piece. I'm staying away from Williams at his price because I don't think he's going to hold up, but I think you should stick with him for the time being. Once he heals up and takes the field, his value should go up. Right now, you're looking at 1.05-1.06 + a 3rd for Snead and two 2nds.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Would this be a better deal?

Williams + Ardarius Stewart + 3rd

For

Snead + 2018 1st (likely early)

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:19 pm

I suppose the Williams, Stewart, 3rd for me. I like Steward, not big on Williams, and really don't care for Snead's production. So many people try to sell you on Snead as a WR3/Flex who is ranked around WR35. His youth doesn't compensate for his lack of production. Give me an undervalued veteran who comes cheap or free.

2 years ago I used Anquan Boldin as a reliable bench option. And now for the 2nd straight year I'll be using Mike Wallace in that role. I'd be shocked if Snead is able to beat out Wallace's production.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:41 pm

While the 18 1st is nice especially if it becomes Barkley it's to much of a question mark where it lands for me to go from Williams to Snead. Ahead hasn't really done anything to prove he is a good receiver and has had a couple years to. I'd rather take the chance on Williams, Stewart then Snead.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm

Have to admit I'm a little surprised at some of the responses. Snead seems to be really underrated and seems possible he's on his way to WR2 status with Cooks out of the picture. Not so sure about the trade now

FKC
All Pro
All Pro

Postby FKC » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:03 pm

I voted Snead because of the 2 2nds. I like Williams over Snead, especially in the long term. Snead is more win now value, but I really liked the 2 2nds.
FKC or subliminally known as KFC
“It’s finger lickin’ good!” -The Colonel
29 Act 5TS 10IR
10 team(0.5 ppr) - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex(WR/RB/TE)(SF in 2024)
Champ '19, '20, ‘21, ‘22
QB: Herbert, Tua, Carr, Ridder, Stroud
RB: D Cook, Barkley, Chubb, Ekeler, Dobbins, K Ingram, Brightwell, C/Z/D Evans, I Spiller, Strong Jr, R Rivers
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, T Hill, Diggs, Pittman, JSN, MT, A Rob, D Johnson, Mingo, Tank D, Hutchinson, Shenault, T Scott
TE: Ertz, Kittle, Waller, Freiermuth
2024 picks: 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm Snead seems to be really underrated and seems possible he's on his way to WR2 status with Cooks out of the picture.
WR2!? That's a bit ambitious. Just because Cooks is gone, it doesn't mean Snead is going to take advantage of those missing targets. He has good hands and runs nice routes. But he's too slow and undersized, a good third receiving option for the Saints, an ok one for a fantasy team.

Brees had the second most passing attempts--673, the most in his career--last season, he had a great year for fantasy but the Saints went 7-9 for a third consecutive time. They are too one-dimensional behind a 38 year old QB. They added A.Peterson and Kamara for a reason. They want fresh legs behind Ingram in order to chew up the clock and lessen the time their defense--which gave up the third most points a game last season(28.3)--is on the field.

P.S. 5/7 of their victories were one score games.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm Snead seems to be really underrated and seems possible he's on his way to WR2 status with Cooks out of the picture.
WR2!? That's a bit ambitious. Just because Cooks is gone, it doesn't mean Snead is going to take advantage of those missing targets. He has good hands and runs nice routes. But he's too slow and undersized, a good third receiving option for the Saints, an ok one for a fantasy team.

Brees had the second most passing attempts--673, the most in his career--last season, he had a great year for fantasy but the Saints went 7-9 for a third consecutive time. They are too one-dimensional behind a 38 year old QB. They added A.Peterson and Kamara for a reason. They want fresh legs behind Ingram in order to chew up the clock and lessen the time their defense--which gave up the third most points a game last season(28.3)--is on the field.

P.S. 5/7 of their victories were one score games.
I don't think it's that ambitious. Snead finished as WR31 overall despite missing 1 game and playing through a toe injury all year. Who becomes the 2nd receiving option there if not Snead? Ginn? Fleener? Snead was already 3rd on the team in targets by a pretty decent margin before Cooks left.

Snead has had two solid seasons to begin his career and grades well above average in reception perception. I don't see how it's ambitious to assume he continues to take a step forward in his career and breaks 1,000 yards (he had 895 last year) and maybe ups his TD total from 4 to maybe 6-7.

That would pretty solidly put him in WR2 territory.

Djg1996
Captain
Captain

Postby Djg1996 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:08 pm

I voted Snead here.
20 Team Dynasty 1 ppr 1 qb 1 rb 2 wr 1 te 1 flex 1 DST 1K. $150 Cap.
QB Jalen Hurts
RB Jerome Ford, Pierre Strong, D’Onta Foreman, Keaton Mitchell
WR Tee Higgins, Keenan Allen, Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, Josh Downs
TE Dalton Kincaid, Donald Parham Jr,
K Eddy Piniero
DST Ravens

16 Team Dynasty Full PPR 1QB 1RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex K DST $150 Cap.
QB Joe Burrow
RB Nick Chubb Antonio Gibson Kenneth Gainwell
WR Jaylen Waddle DJ Moore Marquise Brown Drake London Jameson Williams KJ Osbourne
TE Pat Freiermuth
K Daniel Carlson
DST Bills

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:13 pm

CharlieKelly wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm I don't see how it's ambitious to assume he continues to take a step forward in his career and breaks 1,000 yards (he had 895 last year) and maybe ups his TD total from 4 to maybe 6-7.

Lol you're drunk off the Snead cool-aid. Hey best of luck to you. I don't put a ton of faith in slot receivers who run a 4.62.

2017 stats: Mike Wallace>Willie Snead

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:27 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:13 pm
CharlieKelly wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:28 pm I don't see how it's ambitious to assume he continues to take a step forward in his career and breaks 1,000 yards (he had 895 last year) and maybe ups his TD total from 4 to maybe 6-7.

Lol you're drunk off the Snead cool-aid. Hey best of luck to you. I don't put a ton of faith in slot receivers who run a 4.62.

I'm just asking why that's an unreasonable conclusion to come to? He had 104 targets last year, which should increase with the loss of Cooks.

Why is a 100 yard and 2-3 TD increase from a player entering his 3rd year "getting drunk off the Snead cool-aid"? Should we just assume a player can't get any better because he had a bad 40 time and was undrafted?

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:27 pm

How is projecting 100 more yards and a couple more TDs that out of the realm of possibility? They just traded Cooks, who was a top 10 WR in PPR. There is going to be a lot of targets up for grabs. Thomas can't have many more targets than he did last year. Ginn will get his fair share, but most likely will be used on deep routes most of the time. Sure, speed matters, but running good routes can easily make up for that. i.e.: Wes Welker, Julian Edelman...

To stay on track, I would keep Williams. You have a solid WR core, so WR production is not a need for you right now. I'd rather try to trade for a vet WR that will come cheaper to solidify your depth.
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:49 pm

nabright wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:27 pm

How is projecting 100 more yards and a couple more TDs that out of the realm of possibility? They just traded Cooks, who was a top 10 WR in PPR. There is going to be a lot of targets up for grabs. Thomas can't have many more targets than he did last year. Ginn will get his fair share, but most likely will be used on deep routes most of the time. Sure, speed matters, but running good routes can easily make up for that. i.e.: Wes Welker, Julian Edelman...

To stay on track, I would keep Williams. You have a solid WR core, so WR production is not a need for you right now. I'd rather try to trade for a vet WR that will come cheaper to solidify your depth.
Thanks for the insight. The only problem with trading another one of my players is that I don't really think I have the depth to trade anyone else at another position. It's a salary cap league and I spent all of my cap space on Olsen this year, so i'm pretty much maxed out in terms of my options.

I'm thinking about opting to make the move for Snead mostly because I have another trade lined up where i'll be moving Shepard for a 2018 1st, and i'd be more confident with Snead as my WR4 instead of Williams in that case.

But yeah, i'm worried that i'm giving up too much short term production for better long term production here.