Who is going to be last year's Landon Collins

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
Cabana
Role Player
Role Player

Who is going to be last year's Landon Collins

Postby Cabana » Tue May 16, 2017 1:33 pm

I'm wondering which DB is expected to have a breakout season this year like Landon Collins.
Ducks League
12-team non-PPR 28-roster 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-3WR, 1TE, 1DL. 1LB, 1DB, 1K http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3951353

WONDERBALLS
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Who is going to be last year's Landon Collins

Postby WONDERBALLS » Tue May 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Keanu Neal with a full 16 games this season! A Beast!
Start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 2-3 WR, 1-2 TE, 2 KR, P, K, 3 LB, 2 DT 2 DE 2 CB S Off
10 Team 53 man Roster, STD Scoring, Tackle Heavy - Cut to 53 Sep 1
QB: Rivers/Bradford/Wentz/Glennon
RBs: Zeke/Rawls/Ajayi/Hyde/Burkhead/Forte/D Washington/J Williams/Breida/S Vereen/
WRs: A Jeffery/K. Allen/B Cooks/DJaX/Fitz/J Matthews/Moncrief/D. Parker/Corey Davis/Golloday/J Ross/Mack Hollins/C Samuels/A Stewart/ Eli Rogers
KRs: J Crowder/J Peppers/Adoree Jax/Jakeem Grant
TE: Kelcie/Ebron/Evan Engram/Jonnu Smith/D Allen/J Cooks/ Jonnu Smith
LB: Collins/KWON/D. Jones/Buccanon/M Jack/Jat Brown/J Hicks/Jaylon Smith/V Williams/J. Schoebert/Anzalone/M. Lee/Morrison
DEs: JPP/CJordan/O Vernon/DLawrence/Hunter/Ogbah/L Williams
DT: A Donald//Malik Jax/S.Rankins/J Bromley/D. Godchaux
CB: Tru Johnson/Jamar Taylor/Adoree Jax/Malcolm Butler/Ryan Smith
Safety: J Adams/Cyprien/K Neal/E Berry/Geathers (IR)/Su'a Cravens/Josh Jones
Punter: Matt Darr Kicker: Dustin Hopkins
Offense: Dallas, Miami

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 pm

I expect Jaheel Addae to be a strong DB1 if he's healthy all year.

Karl Joseph & Clayton Geathers, feel free to show up!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 pm I expect Jaheel Addae to be a strong DB1 if he's healthy all year.
Would you mind sharing your reasoning? Just curious.
The standard is the standard.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Defender wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:15 pm I expect Jaheel Addae to be a strong DB1 if he's healthy all year.
He was extremely efficient when healthy last year. Their new 4-3 scheme should play perfectly for him as a SS, versus San Diego's old 3-4 last year.

He's similar to a Cyprien or a Geathers, strong tackler but weak in coverage, so guaranteed to play close to the LOS mostly.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 pm
Defender wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 pm
He was extremely efficient when healthy last year. Their new 4-3 scheme should play perfectly for him as a SS, versus San Diego's old 3-4 last year.

He's similar to a Cyprien or a Geathers, strong tackler but weak in coverage, so guaranteed to play close to the LOS mostly.
To add on to that the new DC Bradley has a tendency of playing a lot of single high safety which means that Addae could be in line to get the same role Cyprien had in JAX. There are some that question Addae's talent and he's quite the reckless tackler who likes to intimidate and go for the big hit rather than make the smart play, so there are some that think Rayshawn Jenkins is a pretty big threat - at least long term. He's the exact same type of enforcer but younger, bigger and more athletic. Addae just signed a big contract but as we all know that contract isn't worth much next offseason if they see Jenkins developing into a starter.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ ... id=2558182

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:09 am

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 am
Defender wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 pm Would you mind sharing your reasoning? Just curious.

To add on to that the new DC Bradley has a tendency of playing a lot of single high safety which means that Addae could be in line to get the same role Cyprien had in JAX. There are some that question Addae's talent and he's quite the reckless tackler who likes to intimidate and go for the big hit rather than make the smart play, so there are some that think Rayshawn Jenkins is a pretty big threat - at least long term. He's the exact same type of enforcer but younger, bigger and more athletic. Addae just signed a big contract but as we all know that contract isn't worth much next offseason if they see Jenkins developing into a starter.
Yup I was certainly surprised and a little concerned to see them draft Jenkins, and 4th round isn't insignificant draft capital for a safety.

Jenkins was one of my favorite SS prospects coming out of Miami. I would have liked to have seen him go to a team like Chicago, Philly, or Houston where the opportunities seem more open. Who knows tho, with safety being such a fickle position.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:09 am
Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 am

Yup I was certainly surprised and a little concerned to see them draft Jenkins, and 4th round isn't insignificant draft capital for a safety.

Jenkins was one of my favorite SS prospects coming out of Miami. I would have liked to have seen him go to a team like Chicago, Philly, or Houston where the opportunities seem more open. Who knows tho, with safety being such a fickle position.
In one of my leagues Jenkins went at 7.13 in the draft. In my other three leagues where the draft has concluded I was able to pick him up for $1 post-draft in all of them, so he seems to be flying completely under the radar. But I've also got decent shares in Addae so I'm fully expecting him to have a very productive season.

As for the original question I don't even think Landon Collins will have a Collins-type season... Neal is of course the big thing next to Collins these days, I guess Burnett, Smith and Reshad Jones can put up big seasons again. Geathers worried me a little bit with the news of his neck surgery, Cyprien will likely play a little less in the box in TEN than what he did at JAX. I think both Peppers and Adams have the potential to be high DB1s if they get the necessary snaps. I'm also very interested to see how Su'a Cravens and Miles Killebrew develop this season.

An interesting situation to follow is TBB. Mike Smith's bend but don't break defenses tend to include a whole lot of bending... Not to go all Rotoworld but something named "Keith Tandy", a 5'10" college corner, was pretty much the DB1 the last 5 weeks of last season, and Bradley McDougald was a top 10 safety on the season. It will be interesting to see who wins the starting jobs there and if there is some clarity that suggests that one of the safeties will spend more time in the box. All of their safeties, Conte, Tandy, Wilcox and Evans are more FS types, and quite frankly not players that would start for most teams, which makes it very blurry to try and figure out which ones are going to be good fantasy assets - but someone there is going to be.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 am

Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 amI'm also very interested to see how Su'a Cravens and Miles Killebrew develop this season.

An interesting situation to follow is TBB. Mike Smith's bend but don't break defenses tend to include a whole lot of bending... Not to go all Rotoworld but something named "Keith Tandy", a 5'10" college corner, was pretty much the DB1 the last 5 weeks of last season, and Bradley McDougald was a top 10 safety on the season. It will be interesting to see who wins the starting jobs there and if there is some clarity that suggests that one of the safeties will spend more time in the box. All of their safeties, Conte, Tandy, Wilcox and Evans are more FS types, and quite frankly not players that would start for most teams, which makes it very blurry to try and figure out which ones are going to be good fantasy assets - but someone there is going to be.
Do you think Tavon Wilson will lose the starting SS gig in Detroit?

And agreed, Tampa is messy. I had a couple cheap Tandy shares but sold one already.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Oslo Oildrillers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Oslo Oildrillers » Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:56 am
Oslo Oildrillers wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 amI'm also very interested to see how Su'a Cravens and Miles Killebrew develop this season.

Do you think Tavon Wilson will lose the starting SS gig in Detroit?

And agreed, Tampa is messy. I had a couple cheap Tandy shares but sold one already.
Killebrew is the future and he's in line for an important role this season, but that's not necessarily a knock on Tavon Wilson as the Lions will likely use their safeties a lot.

Last year Glover Quin was their established veteran free safety whereas Tavon Wilson won the starting strong safety job with Rafael Bush as the third safety and Killebrew as the fourth safety, but they were used in specific sub-packages. Basically when the Lions used their linebackers in the first half of the season their defense leaked like a sieve and they had huge problems on third down due to their LBs lack of closing speed and cover skills. Then they changed to using their safeties more and their defense improved drastically and went on an 8-game streak holding offenses to less than 21 pts until their LBs became more healthy towards the end of the season causing their defense to collapse again - giving up 71 pts in their last two games.

During this run in the middle/latter part of the season they were for the most part a pure nickel/dime defense, only averaging 1.85 LBs per snap, but they were only using three or more CBs on around 1/3 of plays. The rest of the time they were using their safeties, typically in their big nickel with Quin, Wilson and Bush, where Quin would play deep, Bush would play deep or in the box, and Wilson would play in the box or on the line to blitz or lining up against the TE or slot WR. But then they had a specific third down big dime package that included three CBs, Quin FS, Bush SS, with Killebrew in the box or on the line of scrimmage and Wilson on the bench. Killebrew was amazingly productive in this role and made a bunch of big time stops.

The big nickel and big dime formations not only managed to slow down offenses by keeping the play in front of them, these formations also did a better job of defending the run than what they did with a full set of linebackers.

Both Wilson and Glover Quin will be free agents next offseason, and Bush left for the Saints this year vacating 501 snaps. With Killebrew being 6'2" and 222 pounds he has a commanding presence and he's a skilled tackler, and I'm assuming that Killebrew will take over more of the work in the box and on the line. I'm not sure if that means that Killebrew will be the starting SS this season, but I think with what he showed in 2016 and with their future in mind they will try to get Killebrew in there as much as he can handle.

One big change this season is of course that they invested heavily in their LB group. Jarrad Davis should become their every-down LB, whereas Reeves-Maybin has a skill set that is closer to Killebrew's. So while Reeves-Maybin could beat out Whitehead/Williams at WILL, he might alternatively also find a role as big nickel, big dime and third-down subpackage defender which would cut into the playing time for their safeties. If that happens I think they will rather go with youth and prioritise Killebrew at SS, if he keeps developing according to plan.