How good can Crowell be this year?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kylejargon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: How good can Crowell be this year?

Postby kylejargon » Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 pm

the browns also have invested $100 million into their o-line which should give crowell a better rushing year. I am high on him and look forward to a top 10 season in non ppr if he signs, if not, someone will bring him in to compete. have to remember crowell was a 5* rb recruit coming out and one of the top rbs that year, if not the best.
28 team (2 player pools) PPR, TE premium, Superflex, .25 ppc
Wentz, D Jones, Heincke
Akers, Hines, Kamara, McKinnon, Singletary, Darrel Williams, Eno Benjamin
AJB, Chase, Tyler Johnson, Lamb, E Moore, Pringle, Richie James
Hockenson, Irv Smith
TS: Pickett, Allgeier, Montrell Washington, Metchie, G Wilson
IR:
__________________________________________________________________________________
10 team 0.5 PPR
Stroud, J Daniels, D Jones
Benson, Hunt, Akers, Montgomery, Dobbins, Herbert, Gainwell, Shipley, Vidal, Hill, Irving, Estime
Harrison Jr, G Wilson, Olave, Dell, Ridley, Nabers, Dotson, Shakir
Engram, Bowers, Okonkwo, Simon, Otton
J Myers
Jets, Saints, Broncos
TS:

Bo Jackson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bo Jackson » Fri May 05, 2017 1:38 am

Just waiting for my payday. I will easily land a couple of future first for the Crow, once he had a couple of 100 yard games...
12 Team PPR - The NorCal Hoe Down - 30 Man Roster - QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex, TE, K, 2LB, 2CB, S, DL, Def Flex
QB: Carr, Goff
RB: Ezekiel, M Gordon, Freeman, Crowell,J Jackson, B Scott
WR: B Cooks, K Allen, AROB, A Cooper, S Watkins, DJ Moore, C Coleman, T Austin, T Quinn, C Williams, R Switzer
TE: Ertz, ASJ
LB: Z Brown, D Jones, M Jack, Schobert
CB: Slay
S: Adams
DL: Clowney, Hunter
Picks- 2019- 2-1rst 3-2nds, 2020- 3-1rst 2-2nds

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat May 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Crow, once again, will get a chance to be a fantasy RB1 in 2017, albeit low-RB1; Duke isn't going away, either.

On that note, I think Duke is the real stealth buy here. Assuming Crow signs his tender, he'll be an unrestricted free-agent next year, correct? Do I have that right?

Thus, if Crow has a great 2017, that'll just make it more likely he flies the coop and Duke Johnson becomes the new starter in 2018, playing all three downs and in play for 70-80+ receptions as, I'm envisioning, a new Brian Westbrook type player. If Crow has a crummy 2017, that makes it more likely he gets jettisoned in 2018, and repeat what I said in the previous sentence.

So basically, Crow and Duke are both strong buys right now, but in my opinion Duke is the cheaper and higher upside buy, provided you don't need him to immediately produce for you in 2017.

And heck, on that note, it's still possible Crow ends up on another team for 2017. Probably not, but until he signs the tender it remains a possibility. If that should happen, Duke's fantasy value would skyrocket literally overnight.
Meretc01 wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 8:48 am I just don't trust the procieved "scat back" as a every down type player.. I think he's a lesser of a gio 2.0..
Duke has caught more passes in his two years than Gio has in three of his four, and looked better doing it, running some advanced routes you rarely see from running-backs. So I don't know about this 'lesser' business. If they are versions of each other at all, it's Gio who's the lesser version of Duke. Duke also has a credible stiff arm to help him with contact (as displayed in numerous highlights), whereas Gio generally isn't doing anything if he gets bodied up.
You have to worry about his fumbling issues in college.. I know haven't seen them in the pros but it's still something to monitor if that does happen.
Study the tape well enough, and you see why he was fumbling in college, and you also see why he's no longer doing it in the pros. He was undisciplined his freshman and sophomore year, but now he's always high and tight and mindful of strip attempts.

On a related note, Duke has said he wants to be an RB coach after his playing days are over.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jamie236
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jamie236 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:28 pm

Super high on Crowell and have him in both my leagues, really thinking he will be a top 10 RB this year
Team 1 - 10 Teams. Non-PPR. 24 Team Keeper. Start 3 WR.

QB - M.Stafford, R.Wilson, D.Watson.
RB - Cmac, R.Freeman, I.Crowell, M.Gaskin,
WR - M.Evans, A.Cooper, S.Diggs, JuJu, C.Kirk, T.Lockett, D.Moncrief, D.Pettis, P.Rich, K.Stills, Ty.Williams, D.Moore, D.Jackson, A.Callaway
TE - J.James, K.Rudolph

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Sun May 07, 2017 12:01 am

I fully expect a top ten season. Gonna ride him in my flex to the championship for team two in sig hopefully.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds