Doug Martin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Doug Martin

Postby IBall2 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:35 am

It still worries me that someone will get a free 3 week tryout before Doug ever sees the field, where that tryout of for McNicols or someone they bring in house like Jamaal or Blount, I see that still being the biggest fear for owners.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Mon May 01, 2017 8:38 am

I want to say that Doug Martin will be their starting back this season. They clearly like whatever he's done this offseason to not take a RB to replace him in the draft. McNicols is more of a Sims replacement. I'd buy Martin for a late 1st, early 2nd probably.

The owner in my league who has him wouldn't budge at that rate at least and I didn't want to go any higher.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon May 01, 2017 8:47 am

I think you would have to twist some knots in order to view the Buc's draft as anything but good for DMart. I can't imagine they're going forward expecting a 5th round rookie to be their starter - it's not that it can't happen of course, but you've got to view that as a long shot.

The biggest concerns seem to be the presence of Charles and Blount as FAs still. Unfortunately I think if you want him you've got to buy now; once those two land roles with other teams DMart will almost certainly cost more than most of us want to spend on a 28 year old RB who has had some issues. That offense is fixing to be high powered.

I'm not sure I would pay a late 1st for him right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the minimum to get a contending owner to consider it.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon May 01, 2017 9:51 am

Wow. I've been all-in on the Martin bandwagon since late in the season, but I don't know that I'd pay a late 1st for Martin. I think a mid 2nd is about right for a talented RB with lots of questions right now, much like Marshawn Lynch if he's available in rookie/FA drafts.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:55 am

If anyone takes Martin's job it's not gonna be McNichols. Rodgers and Sims are both still there. McNichols has a long ways to go before he gets a shot.

Martin is definitely a buy low. They could've cut bait for free with the suspension and didn't, and they didn't even spend a relevant draft pick on a RB. They're clearly okay with Martin/Sims/Rodgers/Barber/McNichols. The one problem for Martin's upside IMO, is the involvement of Sims/Rodgers.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Yeah, news out of Tampa is that they are very happy with Doug's progress and felt RB was not a priority, they are also happy with the OL ... The Bucs will have a roster exemption at the beginning of the season, but when Doug is back, it looks like Barber will be the odd man out or to the practice squad
@PlankMelody

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 pm

So I've got it in my head that Martin will likely earn his starting role back when he returns from suspension. In the meantime, is it an even split committee? Heavy Rodgers? Heavy Sims? I'm curious to see how that plays out.

Kossack
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kossack » Tue May 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 pm So I've got it in my head that Martin will likely earn his starting role back when he returns from suspension. In the meantime, is it an even split committee? Heavy Rodgers? Heavy Sims? I'm curious to see how that plays out.
Having watched every bucs game in that last decade at least...... I'd say it's heavy Rodgers looking at the schedule. I say that because my rose colored glasses have me seeing games in which the bucs will at least be quite competitive (@miami, chicago, @minny). Sims typically will get the 2 min drill and every second series only when they are down by more than a TD. Otherwise it's Martin/Rodgers time. I view Rodgers as a good buy low that a guy may be able to cash out extra value on depending on the media BS that I'm sure the organization will dole out as the suspension nears finishing. In order to motivate Martin.
16 team, PPR, 45 man rosters, all TDs 6 pts
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 s, 1 non qb flex

QB - Winston, Sieman, Joshua Dobbs
RB - Martin, M. Gordon, Howard, R. Burkhead, Langford, C. Sims, Kapri Bibbs, W. Gallman
WR - ARob, Jordy, A. Jeffery, E. Sanders, Agholor, B. Ellington, C. Peake, Krishawn Hogan, Ryan Grant
TE - Ebron, Tye, G. Everett
DT - A. Donald, C. Baker
DE - Z. Ansah, D. Buckner, C. Wake, T. Flowers, V. Curry
LB - D. Johnson, K. Mack, C. Kirskey, Kwaitkowski, G. Hodges, Jaylon Smith,
CB - J. Bradbury, A. Bouye, D. Butler,
S - J. Addae, K. Neal, Geathers, Sua Cravens

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed May 03, 2017 3:48 am

Kossack wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 10:30 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:49 pm So I've got it in my head that Martin will likely earn his starting role back when he returns from suspension. In the meantime, is it an even split committee? Heavy Rodgers? Heavy Sims? I'm curious to see how that plays out.
Having watched every bucs game in that last decade at least...... I'd say it's heavy Rodgers looking at the schedule. I say that because my rose colored glasses have me seeing games in which the bucs will at least be quite competitive (@miami, chicago, @minny). Sims typically will get the 2 min drill and every second series only when they are down by more than a TD. Otherwise it's Martin/Rodgers time. I view Rodgers as a good buy low that a guy may be able to cash out extra value on depending on the media BS that I'm sure the organization will dole out as the suspension nears finishing. In order to motivate Martin.
So sims should be the play week 3, then 8-)

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 3:48 am
Kossack wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 10:30 pm
So sims should be the play week 3, then 8-)
Skol!
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.