looking for a RB bad..got an offer..involves AROB and shady..would love some opinions

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

looking for a RB bad..got an offer..involves AROB and shady..would love some opinions

Postby Skulls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:08 pm

hello..

for team in my sig.

I kinda like my team except for my Rbs..I thinkI can compete if I can get 1 very solid back..with that being said I received this offer today..

I give Allen Robinson Doctson

I get McCoy and 2.01....I really do not like thisoffer, but at bleast the guy is coming at me with a back I coulduse. I know Shady is older,but thinkhe has couple of good years left..I know I am giving up value from Arob to McCoy..I really do not like the 2nd part either with the pick and Doctson...

Ths is really only team in the leaguewith enough backs to trade 1..I thinkI am losing value going from Arob to Mccoy but do I have to consider this if I can leave Doctson out of it.. Wrs is def. the strength of my team, can I afford to lose 1 to get McCoy

**i just traded 1.03 and 1.06 for Julio..I thought I was goingbto use those pickson backs, but coul not passup Julio to pair with Antonio
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: looking for a RB bad..got an offer..involves AROB and shady..would love some opinions

Postby Skulls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 pm

I am sorry but my sig did not update with link I got from Jules.

my backs are Montgomery, Powell, Prosise Jonathon Williams, Harris, Draughn

my WRs are Antono, Julio, AROB, Pryor, Parker, Josh Gordon, Doctson, Fuller as main ones...Dak is my QB....I am trying to update my Sig..very sorry

WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: looking for a RB bad..got an offer..involves AROB and shady..would love some opinions

Postby Skulls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm

Sig is now correct

Def Jax Houston
K Gould

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:19 pm

As you said Allen>McCoy and Doctson>2.01. If you are really desperate I would consider Arob for McCoy and the 2.01 but still wouldnt like doing it.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:31 pm

That's a big overpay for McCoy...if you were to move ARob for a RB you should be aiming for Gurley/J Howard/Ajayi types (and ADP suggests you should get something on top of them in return for ARob). That said, I would suggest shopping AB to the 1.01 owner (not straight up, but see what good combo you might get from him) and the rest of the league. You need more than just a single RB to compete, so aiming for a haul out of AB could bring your team the needs parts

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Terrible offer. Shop Pryor, Parker, or Doctson with Prosise and see what you can get. Really you should look for 2 guys as nobody on your roster will likely be a RB2. You can probably get Forte and Martin types pretty cheap and as a throw in
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

cvbuc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cvbuc » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Desperation kills dynasty teams. Never do it. Especially not in April. That makes zero sense. You're trading really good/great and young wr prospects for a back with maybe only one elite year left and a pick that historically has about a 28-32 percent rate of success of even producing a startable player. Then, in one year's time when Shady is on the outs, you find yourself in the EXACT same position but without two key and young WR assets.

In-season, RB is the easiest position to navigate despite what a lot of people think. Two years ago I won a championship with Hightower and Deangelo playing key roles. I got both off of waivers that year. There are Hightowers and Dengelos every year. Or you can trade a 2018 pick for an aging RB like D. Murray and retain your core WR assets.

NEVER let desperation (especially in April) guide your thought process in dynasty. This is a bad trade for you.
TEAM ONE
12 Team PPR League / 5pt passing TDs
2020 & 2021 CHAMPS (2022 Runner Up)
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex 1TE 1K 23 Man Active Roster / 3 TAXI SQUAD SPOT
QB - L. Jackson, Cousins
RB - Swift, Ekeler, K. Mitchell, A. Mattison, D. Foreman, C. Rodriguez, E. Mitchell, S, Tucker, J. Wilson
WR - Amon Ra, D. Smith, M. Pittman, DK Metcalf, Jayden Reed, D. Douglas, K. Shakir, D. Wicks, T. Tucker, T. Scott
TE - Kelce, C. Otton, I. Likely, D. Washington
K - B. Aubrey
DEF - Eagles, Dolphins

cd6696
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cd6696 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 pm

Don't forget, it's April. Starting line-ups aren't due for awhile. Make trades to increase the value of your team in the offseason, worry about your starting lineup later.

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 pm

I got ARob for McCoy/BMarsh end of last reg season to a playoff team. I think that was a steal for me, but a great deal for him as well as he rode shady to the chip.

I can see doing this but I think doctson is a bit much of a throw in personally but you have a ton of depth. I'd try Pryor and Doctson.

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm

what other picks do you have? i think i would rather go after freeman (criminally undervalued and younger)
honestly, i would not make any move for a RB until after the NFL draft.

btw: what other rookie picks do you have?
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

I agree with all responses..It is very early..I just dont want to let my ship sail with Julio and AB..I o need to take adavantage of having them, but making dumb trades is not the way...Do people believe in Howard?

Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:51 pm

vixen wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm what other picks do you have? i think i would rather go after freeman (criminally undervalued and younger)
honestly, i would not make any move for a RB until after the NFL draft.

btw: what other rookie picks do you have?

just 2.03 and 3.03...traded 1.03 and 1.06 for Julio on Sunday

Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Favrezilla
MVP
MVP

Postby Favrezilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Skulls wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm Do people believe in Howard?
Yes. Dudes legit - barring unseen injury I think he's great.
T.1 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex (13th year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Stafford,
RB: Mixon, Henry, zeke, Rochon
WR: Godwin, Olave, Deebo,DJM, Dell, MW, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Musgrave

T.2 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (10th year)
QB: Burrow, Baker,Jameis, jimmy, Wentz,
RB: Saquon, Mixon, Rochon, Evans
WR: Pickens, QJ, Thielen, Arob, Juju, ODB, D. Parker, Osborn,
TE: Kincaid, Ertz, Freirmuth, Taysom, JWoods

T.3 - 12 team Superflex- 1xQB - 2xRB - 3xWR - 1xTE - 1xSFlex - 1xWRT Flex (3rd year) ‘21&’22 champ
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Winston, Darnald
RB: JT, Javonte,Sanders, JCook, Jamaal
WR: Godwin, Waddle, ARSB, Pittman, MW, Jameson, Zay, Claypool, Toney, Terrance
TE: Hock, Fant, McBride

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 pm

cvbuc wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm Desperation kills dynasty teams. Never do it. Especially not in April. That makes zero sense. You're trading really good/great and young wr prospects for a back with maybe only one elite year left and a pick that historically has about a 28-32 percent rate of success of even producing a startable player. Then, in one year's time when Shady is on the outs, you find yourself in the EXACT same position but without two key and young WR assets.

In-season, RB is the easiest position to navigate despite what a lot of people think. Two years ago I won a championship with Hightower and Deangelo playing key roles. I got both off of waivers that year. There are Hightowers and Dengelos every year. Or you can trade a 2018 pick for an aging RB like D. Murray and retain your core WR assets.

NEVER let desperation (especially in April) guide your thought process in dynasty. This is a bad trade for you.
I don't always agree with you cvbuc, but I 100% agree with this post in every way shape and form. Everything he said was absolutely true. Stop reading further in the thread. :P

Of course if you are like me you won't take this great advice and will make a desperate trade and later be sorry. But it will(should) only happen once. You only think no one will trade you an RB. They will at some point. And with Julio and AB, you should be able to either land a stud RB or stay afloat for a few weeks while an opportunity presents itself. Even if you were to overpay with Julio or AB by adding Doctson for someone like Bell, I'd do that before I sent Arob for McCoy.

Don't take any deal like the one offered.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Favrezilla wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm
Skulls wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm Do people believe in Howard?
Yes. Dudes legit - barring unseen injury I think he's great.

would you offer ARB for him with my team..That guy needs a WR as bad as I need a back

Def Jax Houston
K Gould