Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Cooks to NE

Postby Valhalla » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:49 pm
Valhalla wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:41 pm
Jason3123 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:59 pm

Correct. I believe Cooks has 2 more games until he turns 24 as well.
It's pretty unlikely (not impossible but not likely) that any player will achieve those marks within their first two seasons. So, the way you did this search, you basically eliminated all players that turn 22 or older during their rookie year. That's a LOT of players.

Still, impressive company
Yeah there's no reason to do it that way other than to arbitrarily make the sample size of players that qualify as small as possible to make it look more impressive.
Well...I am still impressed by what he has accomplished at his age. He was 19 entering his college breakout year. Kevin white was 22...
Cooks was a big time player in the NFL at 22. He's entering his 4th year, and is 7 months younger than Michael Thomas.
Not that Thomas is old or that the 1/2 year should matter in your evaluation. Just saying, it's impressive how much he accomplished so young. Entering college at 17 helped I suppose.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm

The point was to emphasize how historically productive Cooks has been relative to his age, not just his first 3 seasons in general, which is also historically great.

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 am

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 am http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/teams-nfl ... -patriots/

Peace out Julian
Nope. No chance. Cooks will be behind gronk, edelman, amendola, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris hogan, and the running backs because they have been with the patriots longer than cooks (or whatever reason people dont have for not thinking cooks can be the patriots WR1)

If the pats throw 500 times a year:
Gronk 130
Edelman 160
Amendola 50
Mitchell 40
Hogan 45

That leaves roughly 50 targets for cooks. Plus for some reason the best QB in the league magically can't throw longer than 10-15 yards according to people.
He will be a middle of the pack WR2 because he can't beat old slow receivers, and because he is only a deep threat that will be a decoy every play of the season, because Brady can't throw an intermediate or deep ball and cooks for some reason has all of a sudden lost the ability to run any route other than a very/post/9/whatever other name you have for a deep ball.

Maybe cooks can't be the WR1 for the pats because Edelman is just such an incredible receiver.
Edelman 31 years old
61% catch rate
7 yards per target
11.2 yards per catch
A whole entire 3 TDs!! Impressive
Cooks
67% catch rate
10 yards per target
15 yards per catch
8 TDs, not quite as nice as Edelmans 3 TDs (just a guess that maybe Brady is ocd, probably why he is so meticulous and why he only gave Edelman 3 TDs, its a good sign)

It might be tough for everyone to check these stats for themselves, just like me, because it was so weird to find cooks ranked above Edelman in every category on ESPN's stats page except for targets. But that probably just means that Edelman makes more separation than cooks does.

Sorry for the rant and the satire, but cmon guys, cooks will at least be a top 15 wr in the league with the pats, and its silly to think he will be a mid WR2. Cooks can do anything Edelman can do but Cooks can do it better, and he can do more.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:36 am

@nathanq42

Amen

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:48 am

Cooks > OBJ
Cooks > Julio
Cooks > AB
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:59 am

Coogan Football wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:48 am Cooks > OBJ
Cooks > Julio
Cooks > AB
Not saying that. Cooks has his place around WR12 for me. Cooks won't all of a sudden become top dynasty asset, but he will be the top receiving option for the pats between the 20s, gronk will be a close second, probably 1b. In the red zone Cooks won't be very effective obviously, he doesn't have the size, plus the pats use power in the red zone, not finesse. But to say Cooks will be in the middle of WR2 range? No way. He has been low end WR1 production wise while getting WR2 targets, he is barely older than the rookies coming in this year, yet he has 3 years in the league, successful years too! I'm not saying Cooks is top 5 dynasty asset, but he is top 15 easy.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:34 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:48 am Cooks > OBJ
Cooks > Julio
Cooks > AB
Yep, saying Cooks > Edelman is exactly the same as saying he is better than those guys. Exactly.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:02 pm

lol, he hates cooks

jonesmaster
Starter
Starter

Brandin Cooks Value Check?

Postby jonesmaster » Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 pm

There are a lot of mouthes to feed on NE, but they can never seem to stay on the field simultaneously. Cooks going to be a glorified Ted Ginn or you guys think hes closer to WR1?
8-team SF / 0.5 PPR / TE (Full PPR) Scoring: 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 2FLX, 1 SFLX, 1TE, 1D/ST, K (Only relevant players listed)

QB: Kyler , Dak , R. Wilson, Dimes, Kenny P
RB: AK , Mostert
WR: Godwin , Deebo , Dotson , Hollywood, Addison, E. Moore
TE: Andrews , Njoku, LaPorta, Washington, Mayer
D/ST: Bills / Philly

Picks : 2024: 3 firsts; 2025: 3 firsts; 2026: 4 firsts

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Brandin Cooks Value Check?

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:48 pm

I think he will need one of 2 things to happen to be a top 12 WR this season:

1. Major injury to at LEAST one of Gronk of Edelman for the better part of the year (which wouldn't be surprising)

2. He gets a Blount-load of TDs, a la Doug Baldwin.

If those 2 things don't happen, I still like him but I will expect somewhere around 75-1000-8
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Mitchbs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mitchbs » Thu May 04, 2017 11:57 pm

I really can't see him getting more than 70 - 1100 - 6
Team 1 - Old King Clancys - 12 Team IDP PPR / 2015 Runner-Up, 2016 Champions, 2018 Champions
(1QB/1RB/4 FLEX/1TE/1PK/1PN/2DE/3LB/2DB)
QB: Brees/Mariota
RB: Gordon/Crowell/White/Murray/Ajayi/I.Smith
WR: OBJ/Nuk/Cooper/Boyd/Lockett/MVS/Sanu/Sanders
TE: Kelce/Goedert/Smith/Uzomah
PK : Fairbairn
PN: Dickson
DE/DT: Ingram/Beasley
LB: David/T.Smith/McKinney/J.Brown
DB: Nea/lJenkins/Maye

Team 2 - Yeti Crabs - 10 Team 2 QB PPR TE PREM IDP
QB: Cousins/Keenum/Mahomes/Hundley
RB: Barkley/Cook/Henry/Gallman
WR: Evans/Cooper/A-Rob/Brown/Kirk/Hurns/Boyd
TE: Graham/Hooper/Higbee/Jonnu/Butt
DT: Short/Atkins
DE: Hunter/Wilkerson/Allen
LB: Hicks/Lee/McKinney/Davis/Perryman
CB: Hayward/Darby
S: Neal/Vacarro/Peppers/Williams

Runfar
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Runfar » Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 am

I want him to do good I have him on a few teams but with the RBs the Patriots have plus a healthy Gronk, Edelman, and Mitchell. Thats a lot of mouths to feed. But injuries do happen and most likely one of them will get hurt. And on a side not: I want to see how MThomas now does working against the top corners since BCooks is gone. BCooks was used as a decoy alot.

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Fri May 05, 2017 4:02 am

I don't understand why anyone would act like Brandin Cooks is at the bottom of the totem pole for targets especially behind guys like Malcolm Mitchell.

If the Patriots had just drafted a 1st round WR would people expect him to be behind last year's 4th round pick or would people be saying they spent a 1st on the guy, you don't spend a 1st on a WR and then not use them? Because The Pats spent a 1st on Cooks, not only that but they've already exercised his 5th year option and put themselves in a position where they need to already negotiate his 2nd contract not 3 or 4 years from now, but next off-season. How in the world do they Patriots intend to know whether he's worth paying big time money to in his 2nd contract if they intend to sit on him all year and he needs even Malcolm Mitchell to get injured to get targets!

Fine then I'll call it now, Cooks will be the #2 in Targets behind only Gronk. They are going to know what they have after this season and if he performs like he has the talent to do, he's going to get paid next off season.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cp3 » Fri May 05, 2017 5:40 am

chopping mall wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 4:02 am I don't understand why anyone would act like Brandin Cooks is at the bottom of the totem pole for targets especially behind guys like Malcolm Mitchell.

If the Patriots had just drafted a 1st round WR would people expect him to be behind last year's 4th round pick or would people be saying they spent a 1st on the guy, you don't spend a 1st on a WR and then not use them? Because The Pats spent a 1st on Cooks, not only that but they've already exercised his 5th year option and put themselves in a position where they need to already negotiate his 2nd contract not 3 or 4 years from now, but next off-season. How in the world do they Patriots intend to know whether he's worth paying big time money to in his 2nd contract if they intend to sit on him all year and he needs even Malcolm Mitchell to get injured to get targets!

Fine then I'll call it now, Cooks will be the #2 in Targets behind only Gronk. They are going to know what they have after this season and if he performs like he has the talent to do, he's going to get paid next off season.
I'm in line with this train of thought. The patriots are the smartest team in the league. It would be very un-patriotlike to spend a 1st on a WR like Cooks and not make him a focal point of the offense. They generally have a plan in place for everyone and I'd certainly imagine they have a plan in place for Cooks when they acquired him for a first round pick.