Time to sell Ivory/Yeldon?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Time to sell Ivory/Yeldon?

Postby Defender » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:02 pm

So Jacksonville has been doing their homework on Fournette, and now a number of mock drafts show them selecting him at #4 overall. I think would be a big mistake, because JAC doesn't have a RB problem, they have an OLine problem.

So I guess my question is how likely do you guys think this is, and if it is likely, is now the time to sell on Irovy and Yeldon?
The standard is the standard.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Time to sell Ivory/Yeldon?

Postby Goddard » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:16 pm

The time to sell was probably a year ago, but if you can still get anything solid for them, I'd do it.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:19 pm

I've also read reports that the Panthers are looking into trading up to the 2nd pick in order to take either RB Fournette or DE Solomon Thomas. So it's not a foregone conclusion that the Jaguars will get Fournette. Depending on what you could get though, I'd probably sell both players and take whatever as well. The Jaguars might not get Fournette, but there is plenty of depth at the RB position this year and they could easily take one in later rounds.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Yes i think it's time to sell and get whatever you can. I recently took over an Orphan team a couple months back and unfortunately inherited Yeldon. I was trying my hardest to sell Yeldon for 2nd Rounder and couldn't even get that, this before the combine. So i told myself i'm not going to trade him just trade him So I'll keep him no biggie. But the closer we get to the draft i'm seeing multiple mocks having the jags taking Fournette. Plus Coughlin likes running the ball and think you might have to with the regression Bortles had last year. Anyways I trade Yeldon for Chris Conley and the 3.01 this was the best offer i received during the offseason.
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

slacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby slacker » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Been trying to sell Ivory for about a year and a half but zero interest. I'm never gonna start him so planning on sending him to the wire for a prospect with upside when the league starts up.
12 team PPR, 22 Roster, QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 FLEX, K, DEF
Rivers, Eli
Watkins, Evans, Keenan, Hopkins, Pryor, R. Matthews, Marshall, P. Richardson, CPatt
McCoy, Zeke, Rawls, Ware
Gronk, Njoku, Butt, Everette, Higbee

ELSOUZA
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ELSOUZA » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Im an owner and have him in almost all my leagues...I think I missed the boat on selling him.. most of my league mates wouldnt give me an open pack of Pringles for him.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Yeldon will still be third down back.

Ivory will be irrelevant
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:57 am

I don't really see reason to panic. Jags would have to eat a lot of money to cut Ivory and you're not going to pay a guy what they're paying Ivory to sit on the bench. The rookie will almost certainly have to have excellent ball protection and pass protection skills to see significant time with Coughlin around.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:42 am

Ivory hasn't had much value since his hot start in '15 with the Jets.

Yeldon should have been traded a long, long time ago.

The ship has sailed unless you're willing to take a late round 2 / early round 3.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm a fan of Ivory but don't know I'd be willing to give anything for him...yeldon's window is gone. I was trying to acquire cam meredith and got an offer of Yeldon and Cam Meredith for Dixon and Golden Tate and had no interest.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:43 pm

So happy that I got the 17 1.06 for Yeldon at the beginning of last season. Got lucky there. However, I am stuck with Rawls. Win some, lose some.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Defender wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:02 pm So Jacksonville has been doing their homework on Fournette, and now a number of mock drafts show them selecting him at #4 overall. I think would be a big mistake, because JAC doesn't have a RB problem, they have an OLine problem.

So I guess my question is how likely do you guys think this is, and if it is likely, is now the time to sell on Irovy and Yeldon?
I agree with the bolded. I see the mocks with Fournette to JAX as result of a few factors:
1. Bortles stinks and there's pressure to take the pressure off him by improving the run game.
2. The run game stinks so improving running back seems logical on the surface (even though the O-line is the biggest problem)
3. Fournette is the best running back in the class and it's a sexy take to mock an offensive talent early in the draft

All that to say a mock is either just a guess or something less than that made purley for entertainment value. If I were betting on it I'd say JAX doesn't take Fournette. Doesn't mean they don't add to the RB position but I wouldn't hit the panic button before the draft. You're not getting much for either JAX RB now anyway because people read too much into the pointless mocks so just wait it out.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 pm

I don't see the point in selling at this point since you're not likely to get anything in return. Maybe a lottery ticket pick but that's basically what someone like Yeldon is anyway, so may as well hold. I'd roll the dice that they don't take Fournette and he gets another opportunity. Guys have had a lot worse starts than Yeldon has and bounced back. If nothing else he may develop into a solid passing down back.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:18 pm

I just sold Yeldon for D. Funchess.

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:53 pm

As talented as Fournette is, the Jags have to analyze the depth of RB in this class. I can see them moving back for picks if the Browns or other teams show interest. Yeldon has been less effective than Ivory, so Ivory based on his contract & being slightly more productive is the rb to own. The time to sell is now/or passed, i had to drop him to make room for picks. I couldn't imagine many owners showing interest tbh. Jags can in the 2nd/3rd rd find a better or shiny new option.... I could see Foreman, Mack or even j.Williams taking over that backfield. No way the new front office & last years staff don't view rb deprh as an area of weakness.