Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Mixon at 1.2?

Postby onetwothree » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:07 am

crip7300 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:17 am All that being said, I take Corey Davis at 1.01 if I'm in a rebuild (if I can't trade the pick), I take Mixon if I want a RB, if I NEED a RB in a win now mode, I take the RB that is drafted in the 1st round that lands in the best spot to be productive immediately.
How I'm currently leaning right now. Davis at 1.01. Have 1.04 too so will take whichever of the 3 RBs drops there. Let someone else make the decision for me.

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 am

Bruiser wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:04 am Mixon drafted by Oakland change the entire narrative?
Owning both 1.1 and 1.2, no it does not for me. But say Fournette went to the Jets and Mixon Oakland in round 2, then I would have to think someone would take Mixon 1.1. I told our commish I'll probably take him 1.1 just to mess with him, because its the petty things that make me laugh.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Mixon in the top 5 is pretty hard to do. I've read he may come into the league with a 2 game suspension. Another incident and he could be gone.

I don't see how Fournette, Cook, Davis, or Williams aren't a lock in the top 4 in whatever order. Followed by McCaffrey, Ross, Kamara, with Mixon in there if you are comfortable with the risk/short leash involved. After about 1.7/1.8 then the risk is probably worth it IMO.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Risky bidness wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:36 pm Mixon in the top 5 is pretty hard to do. I've read he may come into the league with a 2 game suspension. Another incident and he could be gone.

I don't see how Fournette, Cook, Davis, or Williams aren't a lock in the top 4 in whatever order. Followed by McCaffrey, Ross, Kamara, with Mixon in there if you are comfortable with the risk/short leash involved. After about 1.7/1.8 then the risk is probably worth it IMO.
Coming into the league with a 2 game suspension? I've never heard of such a thing lol, why didn't they suspend Tyreek last year to start the season?

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Risky bidness wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:36 pm Mixon in the top 5 is pretty hard to do. I've read he may come into the league with a 2 game suspension. Another incident and he could be gone.

I'd like to see the source on this. Plus considering this happened nearly 3 years ago and while he was red shirted it was technically a year long suspension.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:01 pm

IBall2 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Coming into the league with a 2 game suspension? I've never heard of such a thing lol, why didn't they suspend Tyreek last year to start the season?
League suspended Pryor from his Ohio St tattoo incident but I'd think the NFLPA will be fighting this one hard if they tried it again.

All this stuff is collectively bargained. Yes Goodell pushes the limits of his power but I don't see how they'd win this one.

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm

I have the 1.02, 1.03, 1.04 and 1.07 in ppr. Depends on draft landings still but my rookie picks today are cook, davis, then mixon at 1.04 unless Williams gets a sweet spot. Burned badly by that bum on the Vikings last year, I won't speak his name. Weary of average athleticism, "win with size" 6'3 wrs right now.

Then hoping mccafery falls to me at 1.07, if not then ross, if neither than perine unless Engram gets a juicy spot.
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:17 pm

austing wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm Weary of average athleticism, "win with size" 6'3 wrs right now.
Lots of people are making the same mistake of comparing Treadwell to Williams.

First, Treadwell is 6'2. Williams is 6'4.

Second, Treadwell averaged only 11.8 ypr in college while Williams averaged 15.4.

Third, and most importantly, Treadwell was a 3 year college starter and only put up big numbers in ONE of them. Williams dominated in BOTH of his seasons as a starter, including dominating Alabama in the national championship game.

Mike Williams is the far superior player.
Last edited by spider321 on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

spider321 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:17 pm
austing wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm Weary of average athleticism, "win with size" 6'3 wrs right now.

Second, Treadwell averaged only 11.8 ypr in college while Williams averaged 15.4.

Third, and most importantly, Treadwell was a 3 year college starter and only put up big numbers in ONE of them Williams dominated in BOTH of his seasons as a starter, including dominating Alabama in the national championship game.

Fair points. Just don't know how dominant he will be without seeing his metrics at all. Much more confident in Davis looking at route running and game speed. Tbh, I need talent at both rb and wr. Mortgaged the farm on a rebuild to get those picks. My current rbs are Tevin Coleman, muscle hamster and L. Murray :(... And my wrs are cooks, sheppard, funchess and tread. Total rebuild.
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Third, and most importantly, Treadwell was a 3 year college starter and only put up big numbers in ONE of them. Williams dominated in BOTH of his seasons as a starter, including dominating Alabama in the national championship game.

To add to your point, Treadwell also had trouble learning the playbook and ran the wrong routes in the few instances he actually saw the field. Those sort of things get you benched and have nothing to do with your athletic ability.

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:30 pm

IBall2 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:15 pm

To add to your point, Treadwell also had trouble learning the playbook and ran the wrong routes in the few instances he actually saw the field. Those sort of things get you benched and have nothing to do with your athletic ability.
With tread eating up another 4 years on contract for my squad I sincerely hope it's mostly mental issues and not ability. However, mental dedication, aptitude and work ethic are often what separate jags from ballers so that doesnt exactly reassure me long term. Although that doesn't reflect on Mike Williams chances though, good point.

QB Josh Allen (1)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:50 pm

https://www.totalpackers.com/2017/03/pa ... joe-mixon/

Just overheard a #Packers scout say about Joe Mixon, "He's gonna be gone before we have a shot." #OUPRODAY

— Joe DuVall (@joeduvall) March 8, 2017

Just some food for thought. That's at least one scout that has a 1st round grade on Mixon. If he goes in the 1st, I doubt I get him at 1.05
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:36 pm

1st rd grade doesn't mean he'll get drafted in the 1st rd. I'm sure most teams have a high grade on him but a number of them won't go near him.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 pm

onetwothree wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:36 pm 1st rd grade doesn't mean he'll get drafted in the 1st rd. I'm sure most teams have a high grade on him but a number of them won't go near him.
Did you not read it? a Packers scout said they don't see Mixon being there when they pick... hence, they see him being drafted in the first round..
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Madadamus wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:12 am It's possible, but I think he'd have to be the 5th RB off the board and it would have to be to a decent team at the end of round 2.

Davis isn't going to be able to change his stock, and unless John Ross takes over Mike Williams body at his pro day, I doubt Williams can make the case for 1.02.

Right now it's Fournette and everyone else. Cook has to turn around his numbers at his pro day to get back to solidifying himself at 1.02.
Davis doesn't have to do anything in my opinion. I've traded for the 1.2 and will take him there unless he gets busted with a pound of heroin or goes Ray Rice/ Joe Mixon. He's a TO clone on the field, and a high character guy off it.

As it pertains to the second RB, give me three years of tape over a bad day in Indy.