Updated start up draft help

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

RB's Available

Riddick
25%
Duke
25%
Booker
8%
McKinnon
8%
Sims
8%
White
25%
Matt Jones
No votes

Total votes: 12

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Updated start up draft help

Postby weeknee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:33 am

A few days a go I asked for some help on my lack of rb's and have not drafted one yet. Now I still sit with Zeke and Crowell. Here is where my roster currently sits:
QB: Cousins
RB: Crowell, Zeke
WR: Doctson, Hopkins, Matthews, Perriman, Robinson, Kevin White
TE: Henry

Do I keep on going after wr's like Treadwell, Mitchell, Maclin, John Brown, Decker, Marshall or Go after the rb's in the poll?

Will be starting the 11th round

Thank you
Team 1
12 Team Standard 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, Defense, Kicker
QB-Carr, Manning
RB- Crowell, D Herny, Hyde, Gordon, Duke Johnson,Ware , Drake, John Williams, Joe Williams, Aaron Jones, D Washington
WR-AJ Green, Watkins, Hopkins, Cooper, Hill, AR15, Parker, K White, M. Thomas(NO), Perriman, Godwin
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
QB- Cousins,
RB-Crowell,Perkins, Abdullah, McKinnion, Sims, Kenyan Drake, Terrance West, Jonathan Williams, Lynch, Hunt, J Williams
WR-Evans, Hopkins, ARob, Jordan Matthews, Doctson, Perriman, Stills, , Dorsett, Samuel, Darboh
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
12 Team .5PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex,
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
RB- Gordon, Hyde, Crowell, Drake, Matt Jones, Sims, Gallman
WR-Evans, KB, Tyreek, Martavis Bryant,Ginn, Stills, CPatt, Aiken, Dorsett, Hunter, JU JU, J Ross, Darboh
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Updated start up draft help

Postby BradysBunch » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:40 am

before the draft and free agency, stick with young WR. The RBs you listed..I dont have too much faith in them at this point because of the unknown of the draft.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby weeknee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:41 am

Yes the rookie draft will happen shortly after the NFL draft and I have the 10th pick. Plan on going TE
Team 1
QB-Carr, Manning
RB- Crowell, D Herny, Hyde, Gordon, Duke Johnson,Ware , Drake, John Williams, Joe Williams, Aaron Jones, D Washington
WR-AJ Green, Watkins, Hopkins, Cooper, Hill, AR15, Parker, K White, M. Thomas(NO), Perriman, Godwin
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
QB- Cousins,
RB-Crowell,Perkins, Abdullah, McKinnion, Sims, Kenyan Drake, Terrance West, Jonathan Williams, Lynch, Hunt, J Williams
WR-Evans, Hopkins, ARob, Jordan Matthews, Doctson, Perriman, Stills, , Dorsett, Samuel, Darboh
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
WR-Evans, KB, Tyreek, Martavis Bryant,Ginn, Stills, CPatt, Aiken, Dorsett, Hunter, JU JU, J Ross, Darboh
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

koenigfj
Rookie
Rookie

Postby koenigfj » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:42 am

go after WR. none of the RB you listed (and given how long they last) is comparable to young WR you have available.
--------------------------------
12 team PPR TE Premium

QB: Luck, Brees
RB: Ingram, Crowell, Gallman, Dixon
WR: OBJ, Watkins Edelman, Agholor,Cobb, Snead, Goodwin
TE: Graham, McDonald

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:48 am

agreed, those wr's left I would rather draft over the rbs

Astonishment
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Astonishment » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:07 am

I voted in the poll, but I agree with those guys as your choices go with a WR.
12 Team, 21 players, 4 man TS, 21 keepers, .5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD, .04 return yards, 4 round rookie draft
Start 10: 1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-3 TE / 1 K / 1 Def

QB- Wilson, Dalton, Bradford
RB- Howard, Henry, Kamara, Abdullah, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooper, Green, Robinson(IR), Diggs, Cobb, Sheppard, Treadwell, Goodwin, Grant
TE - Eifert, Ertz

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:44 am

In theory, WR. But, I don't love any of those options (maybe Maclin). Maybe Decker, planning to flip him.

That being said, I'd be okay taking Riddick here --if PPR. He's young enough , and he'll get his points. He should be productive enough for the next few years and, again, none of the WRs jump out at me.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby weeknee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am

I went McKinnon, hoping for a good preseason game and then sell him. The league is based in Minnesota so the hype train will hopefully be strong!
Team 1
QB-Carr, Manning
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
QB- Cousins,
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:08 am

I would go treadwell and maclin everyone is so low on maclin after one bad year!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:02 am

weeknee wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am I went McKinnon, hoping for a good preseason game and then sell him. The league is based in Minnesota so the hype train will hopefully be strong!
If AP re-signs then the selection hurt you. But if he does go to another club in the next couple of weeks you could be in pretty good shape here on value. The bigger hurdle will be the draft. If the Vikings decide to go late(ish) with an RB selection you could see a lot of speculation that they like what they have in McKinnon, want to give him his shot still, etc. Then you can capitalize knowing that you will likely have leaguemates willing to pay up.

I would have selected Treadwell. The poor showing his rookie year is inconsequential. The value of any rookie selected that high tends to remain high on the absence of production data (look at Kevin White, for example)
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby weeknee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:34 am

I don't see AP coming back at all and I don't see them taking a RB before the 4th round. I was going back and forth on Treadwell, hard to see him pass Diggs and Thielen on the depth chart in 2017.
Team 1
QB-Carr, Manning
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
QB- Cousins,
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:21 am

weeknee wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am I went McKinnon, hoping for a good preseason game and then sell him. The league is based in Minnesota so the hype train will hopefully be strong!
Respectfully, I hate this strategy in drafting. I'm going to draft a player that no else has valued to this point so that I can trade him for more than the value where I drafted him... It just doesn't hold water. EVERYONE knows that AP is likely gone. EVERYONE knows that McKinnon has a chance at the job. And EVERYONE knows that he hasn't looked the part in the past. This is nothing but a high-risk gambit at a place in the draft where players who have a much better chance for success are available.

Don't me wrong: if you believe in McKinnon, then go for it! But, picking a player that was unwanted until you took him betting that an unlikely string of events will make someone else pay more than they could have spent drafting him seems like a gamble much better served at later points in the draft.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:31 am

I voted White but thought that was Kevin White. Duke if you go RB.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

weeknee
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby weeknee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:37 pm

moishetreats wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:21 am
Respectfully, I hate this strategy in drafting. I'm going to draft a player that no else has valued to this point so that I can trade him for more than the value where I drafted him... It just doesn't hold water. EVERYONE knows that AP is likely gone. EVERYONE knows that McKinnon has a chance at the job. And EVERYONE knows that he hasn't looked the part in the past. This is nothing but a high-risk gambit at a place in the draft where players who have a much better chance for success are available.

Don't me wrong: if you believe in McKinnon, then go for it! But, picking a player that was unwanted until you took him betting that an unlikely string of events will make someone else pay more than they could have spent drafting him seems like a gamble much better served at later points in the draft.
I had luck with this last year, sold Booker for Cooper to a huge Broncos fan and Jacuzzi for McCoy. Yeah I know it was robbery and probably won't happen in this league but I can dream
Team 1
QB-Carr, Manning
TE-Henry, Njoku
Def-
K-

Team 2
QB- Cousins,
TE-Henry
Def-Bucs
K-Gano

Team 3
QB-Roethlisberger, Wentz
TE-Rudolph, McDonald

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I'd take Treadwell pretty easily here. Most upside out of everyone else you listed.