trades: value player vs draft pick

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mspcpa
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

trades: value player vs draft pick

Postby mspcpa » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:12 pm

fairly new to dynasty and new to this forum. wondering if there is a general way to gauge a player's value in terms of trading for draft pick. is there a tool or chart somewhere in dlf site? ex: emmanuel sanders - 2nd round pick in ppr. realize there's no perfect way, just looking for ideas. thanks mp

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: trades: value player vs draft pick

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 pm

Welcome to the forum! This is a thread that talks about some of what you bring up:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=135387&p=1184644&hi ... t#p1184644
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:16 pm

I use this from 2015, hope it helps. I also wrote to DLF today asking if they are going to update for 2017.

https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2015/ ... lue-chart/
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Also suggest you read a LOT on the forum and see what other players are going for. Can search for a players name for specifics. Can always post asking for help or ideas on players or picks values see if that helps. Good luck and welcome to the dark side.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:33 am

When the rookies get thrown into the DLF mocks (I think it was after the combine last year) it will give you an idea of the general consensus of where they fall in Ryan McDowell's ADP he puts together. Although don't take it as gospel as it is a fairly small sample size, but it is a good reference point. ADP is found on the homepage under the rankings tab.

In an offseason start up draft (depending of the class):
- High first round rookies usually land at the end of end of the first - late 2nd
- Mid 1st round rookies picks late 2nd - 3rd/4th
- Late 1st round rookies 3rd/4th - 5th/7th
- 2nd round rookies and further out are always scattershot based on an individuals player values. You'll see some go way higher then most would take them and others fall.

I think this year we will see a lot of the 2017 rookies go earlier then average.

All of this is based on the standard 12 team PPR league, 16 team leagues / Super-flex / IDP / Devy change the value of these picks entirely.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 am

cmizelle also does yeoman's work with these ADP charts if you want to go back and see historically where they ended up as well.

http://www.mizelle.net/mfl/
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:54 am

Step AWAY from the dynasty league! This is your final warning.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 am

^^^PRICELESS V!!!!

welcome aboard ms! you probably can check out the team advice forum and get all sorts of opinions on player value. both player vs player and player vs pick/s. ultimately though....go with your gut in every situation. it makes the game alot more fun :)

these guys linked up some great reference's. these are very useful! check them out, but be sure that your looking at current years projections. the value of every draft changes when it comes to picks.

to "pop your cherry" and answer the question on your 1st post....i would easily give a pick in the 8-15 range for sanders right now if i had a strong team. if your looking to sell, and asking what you should be able to get....well thats a bit different. how many wr's do/can you start? whats your team look like? manny sanders is a nice wr. i would not sell short.

picks are always overvalued in the offseason. try your best not to get caught up in it when it comes to buying players. my general rule of thumb when it comes to this time of year....im looking to buy with any picks i have outside the top 15. its a long offseason...before you move anything of draft value....wait for the nfl draft to happen! you cant possibly know where you want to be in the draft if the nfl draft hasn't even happened. if im not a contender....i look to sell my "old" guys while others are thinking about them., but best not to sell short...get a fair deal. its a great time to buy from guys that are looking to sell their veterans, but if your the seller...dont sell yourself short.

with that in mind, its a great time to sell young guys that your not particularly fond of...or that maybe don't fit your team. owners will pay for youth. you can check the forums for buys and sells with both vets and youth....there are several ways to build a strong dynasty team.

good luck and welcome aboard!