Tier break at 1.05

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Tier break at 1.05

Postby SpartacusPTech » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:24 pm

I know I'm in the minority here, and I'm fine with that. But in the 1.05 discussion for me is Malachi Dupre. I'm glad everyone else is talking up all these other players like John Ross. Take Ross at 1.05 and you will be disappointed.
16 team 1ppr
Jackson, Tua, Bridgewater
Sutton, ARob, Higgins, D. Harris
Barkley, Chubb, McKissic, D. Williams, Felton
Piits, Tonyan, Smith
LB: Wilson, Parsons, Milano, Reddick, Baker, Greenlaw, Walker Jr.
DL: C. Heyward, Flowers, Hunter, Franklin-Myers
DB: Harrison Smith, Abram, Davis III, Bradberry, Maye

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr
QB:Jackson, Mills, Eason, Newton
RB: Barkley/Najee/Gaskin/Hines/Sony/Johnson, Stevenson
WR: Chase/Juju/Aiyuk/Mike Williams/Beasley/N. Harry/Will Fuller/Cephus/D. Brown
TE: Pitts/Knox
DST:49ers, Titans
K: Koo

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Mixon, Lindsay, Drake, Hines, Murray, Carter
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:40 pm

SpartacusPTech wrote:I know I'm in the minority here, and I'm fine with that. But in the 1.05 discussion for me is Malachi Dupre. I'm glad everyone else is talking up all these other players like John Ross. Take Ross at 1.05 and you will be disappointed.
If Dupre declares, I'd bet that you could get him with a 3rd round pick. No need to waste 1.05.

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
SpartacusPTech wrote:I know I'm in the minority here, and I'm fine with that. But in the 1.05 discussion for me is Malachi Dupre. I'm glad everyone else is talking up all these other players like John Ross. Take Ross at 1.05 and you will be disappointed.
If Dupre declares, I'd bet that you could get him with a 3rd round pick. No need to waste 1.05.
He already declared last I heard. Exactly my point, everyone else is talking up these other players which is great. A talent like Dupre will fall to me. :thumbup: Dude can run routes, he runs on the outside, he goes and gets the ball at it's highest point, He's 6'3". He is exactly want you want as a WR1. Everyone will look at his stats and dismiss him, which is great. Can't wait to snag him late.
16 team 1ppr
Piits, Tonyan, Smith

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Hopkins, M. Williams, Chase, McLaurin, Ridley, Samuel, Washington, Davis, D. Brown
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

SpartacusPTech
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartacusPTech » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:52 pm

SpartacusPTech wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:
He already declared last I heard. Exactly my point, everyone else is talking up these other players which is great. A talent like Dupre will fall to me. :thumbup: Dude can run routes, he runs on the outside, he goes and gets the ball at it's highest point, He's 6'3". He is exactly want you want as a WR1. Everyone will look at his stats and dismiss him, which is great. Can't wait to snag him late.
Just looked it up, you're right he is still undecided. Thought I heard he declared. Hopefully he does.
16 team 1ppr
Piits, Tonyan, Smith

Team 2
16 Team 0.5 ppr

Team 3 2019 - Champion
12 team SF
Mahomes, Wentz, Jones
Hockenson, Smith, Cook

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:44 pm

I like Perine a lot in non ppr

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Courtland Sutton might be better than Corey Davis and Mike Williams.

There is no tier break at 1.05 if he declares.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm

spider321 wrote:Courtland Sutton might be better than Corey Davis and Mike Williams.

There is no tier break at 1.05 if he declares.
He's the reason I'm trying to obtain another top 6 pick. Give myself a shot at McCaffrey or Sutton.

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:13 am

This has been one of my frustrations. I took over an orphan last May as a way to pass the time at the hospital, sold off all of my assets I thought would either suck or fall off in '16 (Cobb, Jones, Bortles, Diggs (whoops)) and then some other trades after the waiver dispersal rookie draft later (got Blount and dealt him for two 3rd rounders in August for instance, traded D. Adams for Lockett and a third, traded Ajayi and Coates for an '18 1st and a '17 4th the Friday night before Ajayi's first 200 yard game DOH!), but as the season wore on it became clear that the 4 '17 firsts I picked up in deals were likely to be late save for one which looked like it would land between 3rd and 6th. I got unlucky and lucky down the stretch with my picks belonging to title contenders ending up belonging to teams that lost in round 1 and the semi's (7th, 8th, and 10th overall), instead of to teams that made the title game as it appeared might happen, but the highest pick ended up falling at slot 1.5. That is a killer for me. Probably my two biggest difficulties are this team, with the 1.5, and in another league where I landed the 1.3 for a team where I am absolutely loaded at WR but stink at RB (Abdullah, Gio, Kelley, Riddick). So for now that orphan squad has gone from having nothing at all of quality beyond Dev Parker, DGB and Ajayi, to a team that has nothing at QB (I traded every QB I acquired of value as soon as they had value), has Prosise, Derrick Henry, Abdullah, and Kelley at RB, and Dev Parker, Tyler Lockett, Malcolm Mitchell, DGB and then speculative guys like Lee, Patterson, J. Gordon (picked up off waivers in case he ever comes back so I can flip him quick) at WR.

I go into the draft with picks 1.1, 1.5, 1.7, 1.8, 1.10, 2.1, 2.5-2.8, 2 '18 1sts, and 4 '18 2nds.

But I still look at that 1.5 with frustration. I know that unless somebody is an idiot, or drastic things happen at the combine and workout, there does appear to be a rather large tier drop between 1.4 and 1.5, and missing getting two of the top 4 is just rough. Still debating what to do about it, trade down from 1.1, try to package 1.5 and another 1st to move up. Not sure. Definitely want to expand my '18 picks after all the guys ended up going back to school but would like to come out of this draft with 2 legit WR's, another legit RB, and 2 speculative TE's with huge upside. Something like that

As for what I think of 1.5, for now I think it's between Sutton, Foreman, Smith-Schuster (I just put that there, I don't see him as a future stud), McCaffrey (entirely dependent upon where he lands and the attitude of the F.O./Staff about using him), and Ross.

Afroman
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Afroman » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:15 am

Is there a tier break at 1.5? Probably. Did we say the same thing in 15'? I think so. Now only amari appears to be a sure thing and white hasnt stayed on the field. Both rbs have had a bad year and a good one we still don't know honestly. What I'm saying is with the elite level of talent that all these athletes hold i think it's good to have a lot of chances year to year
12 team 1pt ppr IDP 2LB, DB, DL 2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE
QB: Luck, Bridgewater, Big Ben, Cousins,
RB: Bell, Peterson, Kamara, Du.Johnson, Ajayi, Prosise, J. Connor, T.J. Logan
WR: Hopkins, ARob, Allen, Cooper, White, Watkins, Doctson, Aiken, Ford, Golladay Lockett
TE: Eifert, Howard
DL:Watt, Buckner
LB: T. Smith,A. Ogletree,
DB: K. Joesph
Def: Falcons

Worst Nightmare
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Worst Nightmare » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 am

McAffrey is my next guy up. He can do so much for a team right out of the gate, even though he might not be a AP type bell cow. He can catch, pass protect, return punts and kicks, run inside and outside. He has the versatility to get a lot of touches without having to be a bell cow.

I see foreman as a guy who is going to need volume to be successful and there are not a lot of teams that want to give their backs 20 plus carries a game.

1.5 Christian
1.6 ju ju
1.7 John Ross.
1.8 Westbrook

Look I know the world loves Sutton but I have my doubts. David was productive out of conference against big 10 defenses. Sutton was feasting on big 12 defenses (do they have defense in the Big 12?)

Worst Nightmare
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Worst Nightmare » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 am

I do agree with Afro man that having more picks is good. I try to even get third and fourth rounders. Nothing wrong with a shot in the dark.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 am

Courtland Sutton Tweeted that he will announce his decision tomorrow.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... -leave-nfl

RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 am

spider321 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 am Courtland Sutton Tweeted that he will announce his decision tomorrow.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... -leave-nfl
Seems like you wouldn't make a big deal about it unless you were leaving.

Aside from Sutton, anyone else we waiting on? They have until 1/16 I think.

mns3ball
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mns3ball » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 am

Worst Nightmare wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 am McAffrey is my next guy up. He can do so much for a team right out of the gate, even though he might not be a AP type bell cow. He can catch, pass protect, return punts and kicks, run inside and outside. He has the versatility to get a lot of touches without having to be a bell cow.

I see foreman as a guy who is going to need volume to be successful and there are not a lot of teams that want to give their backs 20 plus carries a game.

1.5 Christian
1.6 ju ju
1.7 John Ross.
1.8 Westbrook

Look I know the world loves Sutton but I have my doubts. David was productive out of conference against big 10 defenses. Sutton was feasting on big 12 defenses (do they have defense in the Big 12?)

Did the Big 12 expand and add SMU? I must've missed that :P

I would take McCaffrey or Juju with the 1.05

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:05 pm

nm
Last edited by spider321 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K - Daniel Carlson