2017 Scouting

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

2017 Scouting

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:48 pm

What's up dynasty community?
My name is Alex Williamson and I have recently joined the team at Draft Breakdown. I just wanted to tell all you guys to stop by the site because there are going to be a bunch of great offensive skill position videos coming out soon and of course each and every owner wants to be ahead of the game so get started scouting early. A huge reason I made this thread is to hear from the Dynasty League Football community which prospects you want us to do videos on. I know a lot of you guys use our database so I think that we should really cater to your needs as viewers. So just post specific games of players that you are scouting and I will try to get them done/ posted within a week! Remember only offensive skill positions (RB, QB, TE, WR).
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Re: 2017 Scouting

Postby Litesout13 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Courtland Sutton and Corey Davis need 2016 tape up ASAP!
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Litesout13 wrote:Courtland Sutton and Corey Davis need 2016 tape up ASAP!
Ask and you shall receive!! Sutton vs Baylor up today!! haha 8-)
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
Yeah I was actually putting that up either way hahaha!! Kind of underwhelming tape for Sutton. Definitely has had statistical dominance this year, but the tale of the tape says something else, or at least for this game. Had a drop, couldn't get great separation, and wasn't coming down with enough jump balls. Had a nice route on the goal line, but still needs to refine his route tree because he pretty much only ran 9 routes. Can't sit here and say the quality of targets was there, but still want so him come down with more of those when he gets the opportunity.

I'll find some Davis tape and I'll get you a video within the end of the week!!

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 pm

I'd love some Evan Engram tape. Very intrigued by him as a player from the limited tape I've seen so far.

I'll throw some other WR names out which I'm sure other guys would appreciate, too:

-Allen Lazard
-Zay Jones (2016)
-Bug Howard (2016)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just noticed the Evan Engram tape was there and since it was uploaded recently I missed it. Awesome!
#FreeCoreyDavis

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:49 am

alewilliam789 wrote:
Litesout13 wrote:
Yeah I was actually putting that up either way hahaha!! Kind of underwhelming tape for Sutton. Definitely has had statistical dominance this year, but the tale of the tape says something else, or at least for this game. Had a drop, couldn't get great separation, and wasn't coming down with enough jump balls. Had a nice route on the goal line, but still needs to refine his route tree because he pretty much only ran 9 routes. Can't sit here and say the quality of targets was there, but still want so him come down with more of those when he gets the opportunity.

I'll find some Davis tape and I'll get you a video within the end of the week!!
Thanks!!

Ya I feel they use Sutton in the wrong way. They have him run like 2 routes the majority of the time. Which makes the DB's job so much easier. You saw the route he ran on the TD where he faked the fade, totally fooled the DB, and was wide open for the TD. He also was open in the back of the endzone on another that the QB threw a terrible pass and was picked off.

They need to open him up more. More routes over the middle, drag routes, deep posts, etc. The guy is a physical freak with solid hands. See's a few concentration drops, but also makes some very impressive grabs

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:34 pm

I'll find some Davis tape and I'll get you a video within the end of the week!![/quote]

Thanks!!

Ya I feel they use Sutton in the wrong way. They have him run like 2 routes the majority of the time. Which makes the DB's job so much easier. You saw the route he ran on the TD where he faked the fade, totally fooled the DB, and was wide open for the TD. He also was open in the back of the endzone on another that the QB threw a terrible pass and was picked off.

They need to open him up more. More routes over the middle, drag routes, deep posts, etc. The guy is a physical freak with solid hands. See's a few concentration drops, but also makes some very impressive grabs[/quote]

Sorry I didn't mean he actually ran 9 routes in the game, but that he ran a lot of fades as jump ball opportunities. Yeah that's a good point. To say that SMU QB was subpar would be a complement. One thing he did show when he ran comebacks and one curl was that he got pretty good separation from the defender. On that touchdown pass I liked the explosion out of break that he showed. Such an interesting prospect, but I definitely want more tape with him.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:47 pm

jaykay22 wrote:I'd love some Evan Engram tape. Very intrigued by him as a player from the limited tape I've seen so far.

I'll throw some other WR names out which I'm sure other guys would appreciate, too:

-Allen Lazard
-Zay Jones (2016)
-Bug Howard (2016)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just noticed the Evan Engram tape was there and since it was uploaded recently I missed it. Awesome!
So of those names I'm probably going to put out a Zay Jones video because I'm not a big fan of either Lazard or Howard. I should have that out relatively soon!!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:33 pm

I have to ask. Is there any way to separate the route running and receiving from the blocking in the videos, particularly the TE videos. It gets really tedious to sift through a 8-10 minute game video just to look for maybe 1 minute worth of pass catching. I'm guessing there isn't a high demand for that sort of thing but it's something that I personally think would be very helpful.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:I have to ask. Is there any way to separate the route running and receiving from the blocking in the videos, particularly the TE videos. It gets really tedious to sift through a 8-10 minute game video just to look for maybe 1 minute worth of pass catching. I'm guessing there isn't a high demand for that sort of thing but it's something that I personally think would be very helpful.
I get what your saying, but with a lot of top TEs stuck in run based offense, a lot of their role on the offense will be run blocking because they barely throw the ball. Especially OJ Howard and Jeremy Sprinkle from Arkansas because their offenses are literally so reliant on the run.

On a side note, I've seen OJ Howard and how athletic he is and I'm honestly so excited. Like some big guys are athletic, but when OJ does run routes he gets such great separation and has great acceleration off the line. He's definitely worth a 1st Round Dynasty pick in my opinion based off talent, but I think his value will be high second round because of the lack of success that most 1st year TEs have.

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:08 pm

This is really appreciated. Any chance we can get another game or two on Tequan Mizzell from Virginia? Was four star recruit out of high school and only game tape is from 2015 Notre Dame game. Thanks!
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Good stuff!

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:57 pm

Put out on a Matthew Dayes and Marlon Mack video. I need to do some more Artavis Scott film to see if he's worth investing a pick into

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:07 am

FYI, here's a link to the videos.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/

They are breakdowns from an individual game and use an arrow to point to the indicated player before each play. They show both positive and negative plays for each player and aren't just highlight reels. Big props to DraftBreakdown.com for providing these to the community!

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:44 pm

I would really like to see more of Ryan switzer. Having watched the few games you guys have on him, it is some of the most fun film I have watched this year. I have only watched a few guys but it includes some of the top ones but of the guys I have watched he shows the top route running and among the top after the catch ability. I would like to watch some of the games he was less effective to see why
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan