Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby _yeti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:17 pm

I have sympathy for a lot of people and often see character flags as helping lower the price on high-upside guys. You can usually find me on here stumping for guys like DGB, Karlos, ASJ, and Josh Gordon... even Greg Hardy was on my roster until this week. But I can't defend Gordon anymore, what an idiot, hope he does well in rehab and then goes on to be a drug counselor or something because he certainly doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

On another note, now is the time to scoop up Ricardo Louis!
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:19 pm

_yeti wrote:I have sympathy for a lot of people and often see character flags as helping lower the price on high-upside guys. You can usually find me on here stumping for guys like DGB, Karlos, ASJ, and Josh Gordon... even Greg Hardy was on my roster until this week. But I can't defend Gordon anymore, what an idiot, hope he does well in rehab and then goes on to be a drug counselor or something because he certainly doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

Why is he an idiot in this case? Seems like he is trying to straighten himself out before he commits full time to the NFL. Seems like the logical thing to do
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:36 pm

Obviously it's good for him to get the treatment and set his life on a positive path. Anyone think part of this might be to get the Browns to finally move on from him, enabling him to get on a different team?
20 Team Superflex (1/2 PPR / 6pt TD's)
11 Starters - QB 1(2), RB 2(4), WR 2(5), TE 2(3)

QB - Kirk Cousins, Deshaun Watson
RB - Christian McCaffrey, JK Dobbins, Tony Pollard, Jaylen Warren
WR - Odell Beckham, Adam Thielen, Allen Robinson, Donavan Peoples-Jones
TE - Mark Andrews, Jonnu Smith

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:49 pm

I just traded Adam Humphries & Dennis Pitta (total cost $2 waiver dollars) for Josh Gordon. Team an orphan I took over late last year, is 0-3 and has absolutely nothing behind Gurley & DGB. Perfectly fine taking a swing for the fences with low odds of success at that price.

joedirte - that league has 21 man rosters with 2 man taxi (Gordon could be stored there next year if I want) & 2 IR

Never Veto - I think that depends on each owners belief in the Cleveland Browns organization, and its viability to rebuild/build a good football team. If an owner thinks they remain a dumpster fire, then his value will go up if he changes organization.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:50 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
dm1129 wrote:The fantasy world is in a feeding frenzy over this announcement, however Gordon could have done this at any time over the the last year plus....To me, the real story is what precipitated him checking into rehab NOW. My guess is we will find out in the next few days/weeks....and it won't be good.
Maybe Codeine?

Remember his positive test for codeine that was a result of "cough syrup" because he had the flu or something?

Hilarious in hindsight that his owner's were insistent on believing that horseshit story his agent fed the world
This is probably decent speculation. In patient recovery is not genreally for weed. You may take counseling and some sort of therapy, but in patient is usually when there is some serious physical dependence or harm to yourself. Or when it is court ordered to avoid jail time, which as far as we know it is not, now something like codeine is very hard to kick and the withdrawal symptoms are absolutely horrible. The worst by far. One would need some treatment to get over that as it takes around 9 days on average to get off that, and it is comparable to the worst flu imaginable, combined with the mental angst and other physical symptoms. This could be on the right track and would not fault him at all if that was the case.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 pm

I hope he gets it together.

But I've said it before, likely on this thread. When a player hits the 4-game suspension territory it's time to shop them around. You have to fail/miss/dilute something like 10 tests in the Substances of Abuse program to hit that 4-game threshold. And if you can't pull yourself out of the downward spiral by that point, it's likely not going to happen.

Gordon hasn't got it right, doubtful Martavis does. And whoever the next remember of the "4-game-club" is, if he's on my team he's immediately going on the block. It's just not worth it to hold players like this when there are other options available.

Good luck to Josh, I sincerely hope he finds some balance for himself. I'm not sure the NFL will be welcoming him back. Any team that signs him risks losing their investment in him indefinitely the next time he messes up just once. That, and he won't have played football in nearly 3-years.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Does anyone have any hope he makes it to another team?

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
_yeti wrote:I have sympathy for a lot of people and often see character flags as helping lower the price on high-upside guys. You can usually find me on here stumping for guys like DGB, Karlos, ASJ, and Josh Gordon... even Greg Hardy was on my roster until this week. But I can't defend Gordon anymore, what an idiot, hope he does well in rehab and then goes on to be a drug counselor or something because he certainly doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

Why is he an idiot in this case? Seems like he is trying to straighten himself out before he commits full time to the NFL. Seems like the logical thing to do
The logical thing to do was to seek out help and clean up while he's been out for the past 1+ year.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:12 pm

I expect to hear that he has been suspended indefinitely for another drug violation. Hits me hard
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Maybe time to sell off Bell.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: But I've said it before, likely on this thread. When a player hits the 4-game suspension territory it's time to shop them around. You have to fail/miss/dilute something like 10 tests in the Substances of Abuse program to hit that 4-game threshold. And if you can't pull yourself out of the downward spiral by that point, it's likely not going to happen.
Where are you seeing this about 10 failed tests?
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:33 pm

If you didn't take this window to sell, it's your own fault. It could be seen coming a mile away. Good for him for trying to get his life together, but if you held him, not seeing this coming, you were blinded by upside.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:41 pm

balaberda wrote:Maybe time to sell off Bell.
Why? What Gordon does has nothing to do with Bell. Besides, Bell is back now and is going to light it up. The time to sell is not now. If you want to sell, the time is in 4-8 weeks when his value skyrockets again

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:47 pm

I agree with those that said there is something more to this than just weed. I really hope this is the best thing for him and lets him get his life back together, maybe even catch on somewhere else.

I was one of the fools blinded by the upside. :wall: Thought he got a raw deal with the suspension for drinking beer. Thought the new weed limits might let him pass under the testing radar like many others do. Now I still don't know what to do besides hold him though. $1 cap charge and 25 man rosters...

It will be interesting to see what else comes out in the coming days.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:52 pm

He didn't do this voluntarily. There's more to this... This is his agent and/Or the browns being proactive.