WTF is going on with Ivory?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

WTF is going on with Ivory?

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:02 am

I dont own him, but its getting weird with reports. 24 hrs in this age now and NOBODY knows whats up with him? Not even rumors? Odd.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: WTF is going on with Ivory?

Postby general mills » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:08 pm

JTLoh wrote:Kidney Stones.
If so they hurt and I can understand why he missed out this week.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:11 pm

It could be a thousand different things.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:30 pm

JTLoh wrote:Kidney Stones.
I hadn't heard this anywhere, but I'd be happy if it were true. It would explain his inability to play because those hurt like hell to pass, but wouldn't have any long-term affect. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be anything serious.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:16 pm

I figured it was some STD or something along those lines. Something "private" and kidney stones would fall under that category (although a lot less embarrassing).

startstopping
Role Player
Role Player

Postby startstopping » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 am

Im no medical expert, and I have never had kidney stones, but that doesn't seem to line up with being admitted to the hospital for several days does it?

I know they are incredibly painful, but everyone i know who has had them goes to the ER for unbearable pain, gets diagnosed with kidney stones, is given some pain drugs, and is sent home to pass them. Ive never known anyone spend several days in the hospital from them. Again my knowledge on the subject is very ignorant, but is that a common thing?

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:50 am

startstopping wrote:Im no medical expert, and I have never had kidney stones, but that doesn't seem to line up with being admitted to the hospital for several days does it?

I know they are incredibly painful, but everyone i know who has had them goes to the ER for unbearable pain, gets diagnosed with kidney stones, is given some pain drugs, and is sent home to pass them. Ive never known anyone spend several days in the hospital from them. Again my knowledge on the subject is very ignorant, but is that a common thing?
Thats spot on from what I've seen. My father and several friends have had them. Yes its extremely painful but no one ever stayed at the hospital for it.

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:17 am

If it is in fact Kidney stones it would depend on the size of the stones if you are sent home or kept for observation. One of my uncle's had a couple really large stones and the meds they gave him to help break them up was ineffective so he was kept in the hospital for several days. He was give a kind of morphine drip if I'm not mistaken. He said it was unbearable. I've also read that for a man to pass a large kidney stone is the closest thing to giving birth. Large kidney stones are not something to mess with.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:46 am

Franky Four Fingers wrote:If it is in fact Kidney stones it would depend on the size of the stones if you are sent home or kept for observation. One of my uncle's had a couple really large stones and the meds they gave him to help break them up was ineffective so he was kept in the hospital for several days. He was give a kind of morphine drip if I'm not mistaken. He said it was unbearable. I've also read that for a man to pass a large kidney stone is the closest thing to giving birth. Large kidney stones are not something to mess with.
I can fully agree with this. I've passed 3 kidney stones over the past 4 years (from age 29-33). I'm not much for doctors or hospitals, so I never even saw a doctor about them. I guess if they were so large that I couldn't pass them then I would have. The first one I ever passed, I had blood in my stream for a couple of weeks prior and thought I had a kidney infection. Right before I passed it my body felt like it was in shock. I was unbearably cold to the point that I couldn't stop shivering in a scolding hot shower. Keep in mind I didn't know I had a kidney stone and never experienced it before, so this was the part that scared me the most. I finally warmed up about an hour later and I felt so exhausted that I fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon. When I woke back up I passed it....Not fun. The other two that I've passed have fortunately been small and there wasn't much to it other than about 30 seconds of discomfort as I tried to pass it.

Interestingly enough, as of typing this, my kid's mom is currently in the hospital for kidney stones. She's never had them before either. She's been there for 2 days on a heavy morphine drip. They have some procedure to "zap" the stones and break them up so you can pass them, and if that doesn't work they have to insert a stint (which is what she had to have done). This definitely moved away from a FF discussion, but I just thought I'd share how terribly painful this process can be and that indeed people are admitted into hospitals, for several days in some cases, to pass kidney stones.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:09 am

This thread made me drink 1L of water straight up
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:34 am

Is it time to get off the Ivory train? I see guys (who aren't 28 years old) with some upside on the waiver wire (PPR).

James White
Dwayne Washington
Cameron Artis Payne

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:38 am

^ White and Washington definitely. CAP maybe, depending on how deep I am at RB

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:40 am

thebeast wrote:^ White and Washington definitely. CAP maybe, depending on how deep I am at RB
That's what I was thinking. Ivory gets injured quite a bit, he's 28 and not in a great situation. White seems to be finding a groove.

On the other hand, Ivory does have value so I hesitate to give him up for free. And he's not tradeable right now.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:18 pm

My baby mama has Medullar sponge kidney disease and her kidneys are always full of stones, literally. Her pain and severity is near the top of the extreme for kidney stones, obviously. Even then, she goes in for surgery in the morning, and is out within hours, of the hospital. It can't be just kidney stones. If she does not have surgery for her stones, they do exactly what was said above. Slap some pain mess in her and send her on her way to "deal with it" basically. Kind of crazy.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry