Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby Phaded » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Oh no worries - I've come to the point where I've stopped stating my personal opinion about Gordon (as I've covered it many times).

That is why I just try to post the factual things - like the Hue Jackson quotes that I did.

In regards to when he is returning to practice; Hue did say "probably soon" - whatever that means.
TB3falcons wrote:Meh, it's the post-season. I don't put much stock into it, especially since Gordon has been out with a hammie. I wouldn't expect the guy to be in peak form after being out for 2 seasons anyways...
But.. the workout videos.. he claimed he was in such great shape!

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:27 am

Back at practice, kinda. No team drills, only an individual workout, but it was at practice with teammates. Stay tuned...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1730 ... s-practice
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am

I would just love to see him in some pre season action before his 4 game ban starts. I couldnt get squat for him in my league, so I guess I am invested no matter good or bad.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:36 am

Yes some pre-season action would be very nice indeed. Curious to see what a RGIII to Gordon connection will look like.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 am

ArrylT wrote:Yes some pre-season action would be very nice indeed. Curious to see what a RGIII to Gordon connection will look like.
I'm sure there is a Baylor highlight video or two available somewhere on the interwebz.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 am

Phaded wrote:Oh no worries - I've come to the point where I've stopped stating my personal opinion about Gordon (as I've covered it many times).

That is why I just try to post the factual things - like the Hue Jackson quotes that I did.

In regards to when he is returning to practice; Hue did say "probably soon" - whatever that means.
TB3falcons wrote:Meh, it's the post-season. I don't put much stock into it, especially since Gordon has been out with a hammie. I wouldn't expect the guy to be in peak form after being out for 2 seasons anyways...
But.. the workout videos.. he claimed he was in such great shape!
Lol the workout videos on Instagram.

"OMG look how unbelievably hard he's been working and DEFINITELY staying clean"

Fails a drug test a month later and shows up to camp out of shape haha.

At this point I hope he stays clean and starts just so he can not produce this season and his biased owners will learn the valuable lesson that you can't just be out of the NFL for several years and come back seamlessly regardless of your talent level. Especially when we know Gordon was not working hard to stay in shape during his absence.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Fri, Aug 26
Josh Gordon caught 2-of-2 targets for 87 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' third preseason game against the Bucs.
Advice: It was Gordon's first game action of any kind since Week 16 of the 2014 season. On his first target, Gordon ran right by Brent Grimes on a double-move for a 44-yard pickup. He then closed out the first half with a 43-yard touchdown over the top of Grimes on a ball he fought to come back to over the smaller corner. Gordon worked as the No. 3 receiver behind Corey Coleman and Terrelle Pryor, but he vastly outperformed the two youngsters. Gordon will probably get some more run in the preseason finale before serving his four-game suspension to open the season. If Friday night is any indication, Gordon looked like his old self.
(Rotoworld.com)

BAM!!!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:37 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote:Fri, Aug 26
Josh Gordon caught 2-of-2 targets for 87 yards and one touchdown in the Browns' third preseason game against the Bucs.
Advice: It was Gordon's first game action of any kind since Week 16 of the 2014 season. On his first target, Gordon ran right by Brent Grimes on a double-move for a 44-yard pickup. He then closed out the first half with a 43-yard touchdown over the top of Grimes on a ball he fought to come back to over the smaller corner. Gordon worked as the No. 3 receiver behind Corey Coleman and Terrelle Pryor, but he vastly outperformed the two youngsters. Gordon will probably get some more run in the preseason finale before serving his four-game suspension to open the season. If Friday night is any indication, Gordon looked like his old self.
(Rotoworld.com)

BAM!!!
DARN RIGHT!!!

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Everybody get their measuring tapes out and measure who has the bigger pecker!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 pm

IBall2 wrote:Everybody get their measuring tapes out and measure who has the bigger pecker!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No tape needed; I win there too. :lol: In all seriousness, it's just preseason, but it was the week 3 dress rehearsal and he did it to a solid CB in Grimes. It reinforces my optimism that he still "has it", or has enough of "it" to get back to being a major contributor.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 pm

He was only out of "football shape" previous to being re-instated, but who wouldn't be away from any sport for over a year. He looked like a body builder and IMO is probably playing 5-10 lbs heavier then last time we saw him on an NFL field. Mind you he's only 25, looked effortless running and the it's the preseason talk means nothing as we've already seen what he's capable of when it counts. His only risk is off field, which for some understandably is too much to deal with. He's a baller plain n simple.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:45 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
OhCruelestRanter wrote:Look, I don't care what you think of Gordon. Even if you think he will never play in the league again, this is a time to buy. The only thing that this circus has reliably demonstrated is that there will always be somebody willing to pony up for him in a few months. He's going to worth more July 27th than he is today. Trade him right before his next bid for reinstatement.
This is from April 12th of this year. Hope you bought.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:58 am

I dropped him months ago. Went another direction. I picked up RG3 on waivers early in the offseason when I had Gordon, Barnidge too. I dropped Gordon after the last faux pas and I don't know how bad of a move that was, yet.

I parlayed RG3/Barnidge into Corey Coleman/Delanie Walker. I'm in on the Moneyball approach that DePodesta brings to the table, I want to see where this goes. After dropping Gordon and trading RG3, it may be Griffin that is the biggest loss. He stands to gain the most out of Gordon/Coleman/Pryor/Barnidge arsenal.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

McCowell
Role Player
Role Player

Postby McCowell » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 pm

What is his price right now??
Team 1 12 team 3wr/2rb/1te/flex ppr
QB-Carr/Mariota/Tyrod
RB-Miller/Tevin/Dalvin Cook/D.Washington/M.Davis/Damien Williams/Hightower
WR-Hopkins/Cooper/Hilton/Keenan/T.Hill/Mitchell/Hardy/Jaron Brown
TE-Ebron/Allen/Jesse James/Burton

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:57 pm

McCowell wrote:What is his price right now??
Saw your other thread but will answer here. I'm a card carrying member of the I-drank-the-Gordon-Kool-Aid club, so I would start low, trying to see what young unproven WR I have that his owner would be interested in, and I would remind the owner how 1 more slip up and he's done... And then I would trade him almost any WR outside the top 20, and maybe even outside the top 15.

More than that is silly, even in my opinion, because your upside won't be much more than what you gave up and even I have to admit there is still risk attached. Most others would probably pay less than me...