Need Help!! Draft Strategy..

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Need Help!! Draft Strategy..

Postby pntgvn2399 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Ok so this is a redraft league but we are allowed 1 keeper for 1 year if you drafted that player in the 8th round or later and you give up that draft pick. So I am keeping Cedric Benson and giving up my 8th round pick. In this league the draft order is also redone every year and I got stuck with the 8th pick in a 10 team league.

So here is my question.. I have done a lot of mock drafts and the odds of me touching CJ, AP, Rice, MJD, Turner, and Gore are ZERO especially in this league because everyone goes RB in the first.. So that would leave me with guys like D Williams and Steven Jackson as RB's that would be left.. I think I am in an interesting position and have the luxuery to not have to take one of them because I have Benson.. So I have done a lot of mocks and going WR/WR and getting Moss and either Calvin/Fitz and then grabbing my RB in the 3rd or 4th with guys like Thomas/Wells.. Also been getting Foster in like the 7th round. Starting req... 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE.. My question is wouldn't it be best to go this route and go WR/WR and come back and get one of those RB's listed in like the 3/4th rounds? Or go really crazy and get my 3 starting WR's and take a QB like Shaub/Romo in the 3/4th and waiting another round to grab my RB? Just trying to figure something out before the draft next week.. Thanks..
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Need Help!! Draft Strategy..

Postby meineymoe » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 pm

If you can get Thomas/Wells in the 3/4 rounds, and Foster in the 7th(!), then that is a very sound strategy. As for QB, I'd wait on one until the 5th/6th round. I wouldn't risk letting Foster go to the 7th either and nab him in the 5th or 6th as well.

-oo-

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Re: Need Help!! Draft Strategy..

Postby pntgvn2399 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:01 pm

meineymoe wrote:If you can get Thomas/Wells in the 3/4 rounds, and Foster in the 7th(!), then that is a very sound strategy. As for QB, I'd wait on one until the 5th/6th round. I wouldn't risk letting Foster go to the 7th either and nab him in the 5th or 6th as well.

-oo-
Oh I agree with the Foster thing, I don't think people really have all caught on in those mocks that Foster is the man now.. I was thinking WR/WR followed by RB/WR and then Foster/QB for the 5th and 6th.. Tight ends go extrememly early in this league every year and I think there is a ton of depth at the position so I plan on waiting for a TE unless one falls to me in the 5th or 6th and then just take my QB later.. The thing with QB here is as long as you dont wait too long you are going to get a top 10 QB (being a 10 team league) and after the very top guys that will go in round 1 and 2 I think they are all pretty even.. I am excited for this draft because I think my position at #8 is actually going to help me more than being more towards the front as I can get 2 stud WR's..
12 Team PPR IDP
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton