Corey Coleman's value when Gordon returns?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Corey Coleman's value when Gordon returns?

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Phaded wrote:Why do people even assume Gordon would be the WR1 IF he is reinstated? That alone is a pretty big if.

We are talking about a WR who has not done anything relevant on the field for 2-3 years. He would be coming back to a brand new regime. He would have to learn a brand new offense and a brand new playbook, with a brand new quarterback. Throw in his work ethic concerns and hoping he stays clean - I don't see why anyone is all that worried or how anyone can say with certainty he would be the WR1.
Have you seen his workout videos on Instagram?

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:50 pm

Phaded wrote:Why do people even assume Gordon would be the WR1 IF he is reinstated? That alone is a pretty big if.

We are talking about a WR who has not done anything relevant on the field for 2-3 years. He would be coming back to a brand new regime. He would have to learn a brand new offense and a brand new playbook, with a brand new quarterback. Throw in his work ethic concerns and hoping he stays clean - I don't see why anyone is all that worried or how anyone can say with certainty he would be the WR1.
Not only has he not done anything on the field; but, you hit the 1b point here. He has to learn a whole new system & playbook. Since he's suspended he can't have any contact with the Browns this whole time. So let's say optimistically Roger's heart of ice melts by 8/1 and he reinstates Gordon right then and there. He'll already be behind the rookies since they've had the playbook since draft day plus minicamps since then and the first few days of training camp since that starts on 7/29. Frankly I see Goodell dragging this out until mid-late Aug since he's still riding the high from beating that vile villain Tom Brady. Maybe he keeps dragging it out giving Gordon enough rope to hang himself by failing a drug test while Goodell "thinks about" reinstating him. As far as I'm aware there is no definitive timetable that is stated that Goodell has to make a decision.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:51 pm

djeternal2 wrote:

Not only has he not done anything on the field; but, you hit the 1b point here. He has to learn a whole new system & playbook. Since he's suspended he can't have any contact with the Browns this whole time. So let's say optimistically Roger's heart of ice melts by 8/1 and he reinstates Gordon right then and there. He'll already be behind the rookies since they've had the playbook since draft day plus minicamps since then and the first few days of training camp since that starts on 7/29. Frankly I see Goodell dragging this out until mid-late Aug since he's still riding the high from beating that vile villain Tom Brady. Maybe he keeps dragging it out giving Gordon enough rope to hang himself by failing a drug test while Goodell "thinks about" reinstating him. As far as I'm aware there is no definitive timetable that is stated that Goodell has to make a decision.
Aaand fast forward to the next day and you're already wrong.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Tsunami wrote:
Aaand fast forward to the next day and you're already wrong.
Yeah I am and consider me shocked. Goodell's heart of ice actually did melt. It must be a sign of the apocalypse.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Hoping Coleman falls to me at 1.06 now

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:57 pm

Sell Coleman NOW!!! Someone create a thread!

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Valhalla wrote:Sell Coleman NOW!!! Someone create a thread!
Yes.

Sell him now.

To me.

FoleysFolly
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FoleysFolly » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:15 pm

As always, OP was right all along.

Guys in this thread were blind hardcore Corey Coleman truthers.

Some points they described have already been reversed...

-Reinstated before August 1st(when everyone said it's a big "IF" he's ever reinstated)
-Will be on 4-game suspension, but will be allowed to participate in training camp, full access to playbook and team meetings, and be allowed to play in preseason(when the truthers in this thread said he'll be waaaay behind because he'll miss start of season in Hue's new offense, and thus Coleman will be ahead of him)

-

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:15 pm

You were right? lol

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:19 pm

FoleysFolly wrote:As always, OP was right all along.

-Reinstated before August 1st(when everyone said it's a big "IF" he's ever reinstated)
-Will be on 4-game suspension, but will be allowed to participate in training camp, full access to playbook and team meetings, and be allowed to play in preseason(when the truthers in this thread said he'll be waaaay behind because he'll miss start of season in Hue's new offense, and thus Coleman will be ahead of him)

-
Lifted from Shoreline Steamers in the other thread...
Shoreline Steamers wrote:Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports suspended WR Josh Gordon remains "on thin ice" with the Browns' coaching staff despite Monday's conditional reinstatement scheduled for Week 5.
Coach Hue Jackson has said Gordon will be given "no latitude" as he attempts to show that he's all-in on resuming his career, while Cole notes that other members of the organization have grown "weary" of Gordon's past decision making. The new Browns regime did invest five draft picks into pass catchers -- including four wide receivers -- and will presumably want to give them a long look. Gordon has more ability than all five, of course. He also resurfaced in a video with Johnny Manziel on TMZ earlier Monday. Gordon and Manziel were hanging out with puppies and playing video games.
Source: Bleacher Report Jul 25 - 4:41 PM
You may have been "right", but you may not be "right".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:36 pm

-
Who is this guy? :thumbdown:

Not a Coleman truther at all(don't own him anywhere), but I just plain don't like you. You've got a bad attitude and like to rub stuff in people's faces. You've been trying to pick fights and stir the pot this entire thread.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

FoleysFolly
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FoleysFolly » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:40 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:

-
Lifted from Shoreline Steamers in the other thread...
Shoreline Steamers wrote:Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports suspended WR Josh Gordon remains "on thin ice" with the Browns' coaching staff despite Monday's conditional reinstatement scheduled for Week 5.
Coach Hue Jackson has said Gordon will be given "no latitude" as he attempts to show that he's all-in on resuming his career, while Cole notes that other members of the organization have grown "weary" of Gordon's past decision making. The new Browns regime did invest five draft picks into pass catchers -- including four wide receivers -- and will presumably want to give them a long look. Gordon has more ability than all five, of course. He also resurfaced in a video with Johnny Manziel on TMZ earlier Monday. Gordon and Manziel were hanging out with puppies and playing video games.
Source: Bleacher Report Jul 25 - 4:41 PM
You may have been "right", but you may not be "right".
What would you expect them to say? They are stating the obvious...'we welcome him back but he's on thin ice'. Wow. Groundbreaking stuff there.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:57 pm

Coleman's value doesn't change for me, but I didn't draft him for year 1. Whatever I got this year was just a bonus. I still think he is in the conversation for 1.02 and no worse than 1.04.

Happy to have Flash back in the same league, though!
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

jarridgil
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jarridgil » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:23 pm

jtd1387 wrote:Coleman's value doesn't change for me, but I didn't draft him for year 1. Whatever I got this year was just a bonus. I still think he is in the conversation for 1.02 and no worse than 1.04.

Happy to have Flash back in the same league, though!
^^^^^^^ this is the right chat
12 team league. 2 new owners created an expansion league. 1qb 2rb 2wr 1te 1flx
Qb. Tyrod.
Rb. T coleman. J Howard. T Hightower. R MAthews. J Richard.K Marshall. D Williams
Wr. A Jeffery. Treadwell. Corey coleman. D Parker. P Dorsett. M Lee. P Richardson. J Gordon. D smith
Te. Gronk. Ebron.
Picks. 2017 1.3 and 1 late first. 2 3rds 2 4ths. 2018 1 1st 2 2nds 3 3rds 4th and 5th & 19 all picks + 1 1st

Picks 1.1 and 1.2 are locked to the expansion teams until 2020

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:54 pm

-
What were you right about? This is what you wrote:
FoleysFolly wrote:Coleman is currently being drafted in rookie drafts as a consensus top 3 pick(usually some order of 1.Zeke 2a.Coleman 2b. Treadwell.

As someone who really likes Coleman...will or should he take a hit in value because of the return of Josh Gordon? He'll always play second fiddle as long as JG is in town.
FoleysFolly wrote:I see I've brought out the Coleman truthers en masse. Reality check for all of you...

1. Gordon will return. If it's not after August 1st, it will happen eventually.
2. The Browns could have cut him multiple times. They didn't. They want him around.
2. When he does come back, even if he's a fraction of his former-self, he'll still come back as the WR1. Alls it will take for everyone to fall in love again will be his first touchdown.
4.No one is questioning Coleman's eliteness. But he's still a rookie.

The question posed was will JG return hurt Coleman's value. So everyone here is saying not a chance? That's unreal.
You really went on a huge limb there predicting that Gordon would return, especially days after it was reported he met with Roger Goodell. By the way, can you tell me the winning lottery numbers after it airs? Other than that, you haven't been proven right on anything you wrote. It's strange that you said you "really like Coleman" and then went on a tangent aimed at "Coleman truthers."

If you're drafting today, Coleman's prospect profile hasn't changed. His short-term production could be affected, but long-term he is likely going to be Cleveland WR1 going forward. It's huge for Gordon to stay on the field and out of trouble this year, because this is almost certainly an audition for a new team next season.