The Todd Gurley Thread - Currently FA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Getting Gurley

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm in tow dynasty leagues with the same settings. In one league, I own Gurley with a lot of RB depth but can't get Cooper for him. In the other league, I have Cooper and a lot of WR depth but I can't get Gurley for him.

Value is a hell of a drug.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:46 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:I'm in tow dynasty leagues with the same settings. In one league, I own Gurley with a lot of RB depth but can't get Cooper for him. In the other league, I have Cooper and a lot of WR depth but I can't get Gurley for him.

You offered Gurley for Cooper straight up and the other owner didn't go for it? What is the scoring? I like Cooper but that team saved you from yourself.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:40 pm

collbey wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:I'm in tow dynasty leagues with the same settings. In one league, I own Gurley with a lot of RB depth but can't get Cooper for him. In the other league, I have Cooper and a lot of WR depth but I can't get Gurley for him.

You offered Gurley for Cooper straight up and the other owner didn't go for it? What is the scoring? I like Cooper but that team saved you from yourself.
Why? Many of us like me would prefer Cooper straight up.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:33 pm

With how overcrowded the WR position is, plus Cooper not being a "generational talent" like Gurley is considered, give me Gurley. Bell cow RBs with his talent are becoming more and more rare, there will always be "Coopers" available.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:07 am

Bot101 wrote:With how overcrowded the WR position is, plus Cooper not being a "generational talent" like Gurley is considered, give me Gurley. Bell cow RBs with his talent are becoming more and more rare, there will always be "Coopers" available.
I disagree. Love Gurley. I think people will see that Amari is a special player very soon. Gurley would have more value if they utilized his receiving skill set more. He has really good hands. I can't blame somebody for wanting him over Cooper, due to the lack of 3 down backs, but I totally disagree with there will always be players like Amari around. I think an almost 1100 yard season playing through injury for the last month or so is the floor, and the ceiling is a lot, lot higher.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abajaba » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:43 am

I currently have Gurley for team in my sig. Him and Hopkins are basically untouchable. I would need Zeke and a early 2017 first in order to move Gurley. The guy is a monster, super young, the offense should get better, and like its been said is a true bell-cow back. I would easily need a top 5 talent in another position plus in order to move this guy. Just think about what his numbers look like when they start having him catch 5 balls a game, yeah he's got great hands.
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 am

abajaba wrote:I currently have Gurley for team in my sig. Him and Hopkins are basically untouchable. I would need Zeke and a early 2017 first in order to move Gurley. The guy is a monster, super young, the offense should get better, and like its been said is a true bell-cow back. I would easily need a top 5 talent in another position plus in order to move this guy. Just think about what his numbers look like when they start having him catch 5 balls a game, yeah he's got great hands.
Gurley is untouchable but Nuk, Id take AROB straight up and Amari Cooper with some change for Nuk.

Watching Gurley's tape v ADP I feel Gurley is a better prospect coming out of college. In fact I'd say he is at least the best back coming out since Ricky Williams. Don't bite my head off for this, he might be the best RB prospect to come out since Berry Sanders. I'm not saying career wise but in terms of measurables and tape.
10 Team 2 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Superflex, k, Defense:
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
QB: C. Newton, B. Osweiler
RB: D. Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot
WR: Mike Evans, A. Cooper, Devante Parker
Flex: J. Langford, P. Dorsett
TE: Ebron
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:34 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Bot101 wrote:With how overcrowded the WR position is, plus Cooper not being a "generational talent" like Gurley is considered, give me Gurley. Bell cow RBs with his talent are becoming more and more rare, there will always be "Coopers" available.
I disagree. Love Gurley. I think people will see that Amari is a special player very soon. Gurley would have more value if they utilized his receiving skill set more. He has really good hands. I can't blame somebody for wanting him over Cooper, due to the lack of 3 down backs, but I totally disagree with there will always be players like Amari around. I think an almost 1100 yard season playing through injury for the last month or so is the floor, and the ceiling is a lot, lot higher.
Ok if you think Cooper is great thats fine, I think hes great as well. But scroll through the list of guys who have WR1 potential and you can plug so many players into that list. Gurley, talent wise, only has a couple peers. I get what you are saying about him not being used enough in the passing game, but that doesnt change my view of him as a player because we both know what he can do as a receiver. How many drafts can you name that didnt have a great WR or two coming out? Besides 2016, there have only been a couple, and most have multiple WRs.

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:27 am

Bot101 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:
Ok if you think Cooper is great thats fine, I think hes great as well. But scroll through the list of guys who have WR1 potential and you can plug so many players into that list. Gurley, talent wise, only has a couple peers. I get what you are saying about him not being used enough in the passing game, but that doesnt change my view of him as a player because we both know what he can do as a receiver. How many drafts can you name that didnt have a great WR or two coming out? Besides 2016, there have only been a couple, and most have multiple WRs.
I think both parties are undervaluing both Players. Depending on your scoring, league size and starting rosters you could value one or the other.

Both are generational talents and both are worth their prices. Cooper is the better buy because he is not in the untouchable range just yet. Despite playing through a nasty ankle injury, the guy finished with a top 10 all time rookie season. Prior to the injury he was on pace for a 1400 yard statline. He checks all the boxes, great route runner, able to make every catch, boxes out as good as anyone and no other receiver possesses his 2nd gear. He has great open field vision and reminds me of Marcus Allen with the ball in his hands. He has elite agility and acceleration. While sites still post his original 4.42 40, they messed up and officially it's a 4.35. If you watch the simulcast he actually ran a hair faster than Kevin White. When you watch tape, Coopers speed shows up over and over.

IMO they are the best prospects at their positions to come out in the past decade. Although you can't argue that Cooper is a better prospect than OBJ (with hindsight thrown in.

Both Cooper and Gurley ran roughshod over the SEC and continued to dominate the NFL.

Gurleys hands and route running are not a question if you watch the film. He can take a wheel route to the house. Dude also was a return man in college. Remember that his QBs were mediocre at best last year, Goff should look his way more often.

I feel this argument is a moot point at this point in their careers. You'd be lucky to have either guy as foundational pieces on your roster.
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:33 am

True. I traded for Gurley last season. The Cooper owner is a die hard Raider fan, no one is touching Cooper lol.

captain caveman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain caveman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:53 am

James Rustler wrote:
abajaba wrote:I currently have Gurley for team in my sig. Him and Hopkins are basically untouchable. I would need Zeke and a early 2017 first in order to move Gurley. The guy is a monster, super young, the offense should get better, and like its been said is a true bell-cow back. I would easily need a top 5 talent in another position plus in order to move this guy. Just think about what his numbers look like when they start having him catch 5 balls a game, yeah he's got great hands.
Gurley is untouchable but Nuk, Id take AROB straight up and Amari Cooper with some change for Nuk.

Watching Gurley's tape v ADP I feel Gurley is a better prospect coming out of college. In fact I'd say he is at least the best back coming out since Ricky Williams. Don't bite my head off for this, he might be the best RB prospect to come out since Berry Sanders. I'm not saying career wise but in terms of measurables and tape.
I nabbed Gurley straight up for Hopkins. I don't think it was considered a loss or gain by either parties as I just needed a solid rb option for the 2016 season. At the time I had no idea what was going to happen to Lamar Miller and as it would happen he landed in an optimal situation. In hindsight I probably would have kept Hopkins but having Gurley means getting a lot of trade offers.
12-team ppr qb super-flex/1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex

Brees/Dalton/Hoyer/Shimonek/Kessler
Hilton/Baldwin/Sanders/Garcon/Funchess/Gordon/Gallup
Gordon/Coleman/Crowell/Perine/Prosise/Ballage/Ekeler/Vereen/Artis-Payne/Marshall
Engram/Ebron/Wilson

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:07 am

captain caveman wrote:
James Rustler wrote:

I nabbed Gurley straight up for Hopkins. I don't think it was considered a loss or gain by either parties as I just needed a solid rb option for the 2016 season. At the time I had no idea what was going to happen to Lamar Miller and as it would happen he landed in an optimal situation. In hindsight I probably would have kept Hopkins but having Gurley means getting a lot of trade offers.
Nah, I've seen Gurley go for way way more than that. Now you have Miller and Gurley, with 1 or 2 good wideouts and a good QB you are set up for a good 3-5 years at a minimum (assuming health)
Brown Town Band

operwapitsai
MVP
MVP

Postby operwapitsai » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:54 pm

It really comes down to...

RBs: Lack of elite 3 down back talent > short shelf life
WRs: Littered with guys who could be WR1s < Could play at a high level for a dozen years

I want to win this year, not in 2023. I was offered Cooper + 3rd for Gurley and declined (had Calvin at the time :problem: )
I believe Gurley is the best back in football, #2 at worst. Cooper could very well finish as the WR16 next year through a full 16 games.

Nothing against Cooper, hes really great. There are just too many good WRs with high end potential.
TEAM 1
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FX - 2DL 2LB 2DB 1FX

QB: J. Allen, D. Watson
RB: T. Gurley, JK Dobbins, M. Ingram, M. Brown, G. Edwards, F. Gore
WR: J. Jefferson, J. Landry, M. Brown, AJ Green, J. Washington
TE: E. Engram, E. Ebron

TEAM 2
12 Team - 26 Roster - .5 PPR - 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FX

QB: J. Herbert, J. Allen
RB: M. Gordon, R. Jones, AJ Dillon, J. McKinnon
WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, A. Robinson, C. Samuel, J. Jeudy, CD Lamb, D. Johnson
TE: Gronk, Irv Smith, J. Graham

TEAM 3
12 Team - 35 Roster - .5 PPR - IDP(bp) - 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF - 2DL 2LB 2DB

QB: A. Rodgers, J. Garoppolo, J. Love
RB: D. Cook, L. Fournette, P. Lindsay, M. Davis, L. Murray
WR: C. Ridley, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin, NC Lamb, K. Cupp, M. Williams, M. Brown
TE: H. Henrey, T. Higbee

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:43 pm

operwapitsai wrote:It really comes down to...

RBs: Lack of elite 3 down back talent > short shelf life
WRs: Littered with guys who could be WR1s < Could play at a high level for a dozen years

I want to win this year, not in 2023. I was offered Cooper + 3rd for Gurley and declined (had Calvin at the time :problem: )
I believe Gurley is the best back in football, #2 at worst. Cooper could very well finish as the WR16 next year through a full 16 games.

Nothing against Cooper, hes really great. There are just too many good WRs with high end potential.
This is exactly how I feel as well. But I also think each team should be looked at in a case by case basis. If my team is already loaded with a lot of the upper tier RBs, I would definitely look to trade one (Gurley) for a top tier WR. And the same goes the other way. If Cooper was my 3rd or 4th WR I would trade him away for Gurley.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:34 pm

Gurley is on my dyno roster and I have a hard time imagining someone prying him away from me. It's not that he doesn't have a price; everyone does. It's that he is part of a niche that is hard to find and it makes him uber valuable. Even getting 2+ players that are good or in the same tier doesn't appeal to me because I can only start so many players each week. A quality talent at a position that can give you a statistical advantage you keep.

QB, WR and even TEs now are benefiting from modern passing rules; so the bell cow RB is a rare bird. I've got one so I am holding on.

However if you are in rebuild mode, getting a good QB/WR tandem makes a lot of sense...
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2