Dynasty league sites

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Dynasty league sites

Postby Servo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:59 pm

I know this has probably been brought up many a times before but is there any indication that MFL will ever:

1. Improve their app? I.E. push notifications, showing how you scored your points (Yards, TDs, etc.). Hard to believe they have yet to implement this type of basic stuff.
2. I've always wondered where they get their projections from on the website, almost seems like they draw numbers out of a hat.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:54 am

Rowsdower wrote:I know this has probably been brought up many a times before but is there any indication that MFL will ever:

1. Improve their app? I.E. push notifications, showing how you scored your points (Yards, TDs, etc.). Hard to believe they have yet to implement this type of basic stuff.
2. I've always wondered where they get their projections from on the website, almost seems like they draw numbers out of a hat.
1. As has been mentioned, MFL has no official app. Any MFL app is a 3rd party app programmed by someone like you and me. So if you have requests like that then get with the app author. MFL has stripped down "wireless" pages on their site which are formatted perfectly for a phone and the main site itself is very mobile friendly depending on what skin you choose. Just opinion of course but really is no need for a mobile app, you can do everything you need pretty easily right from the web site on phones. On the year end survey I did suggest they create an official app though as this confusion gets them in trouble a lot as people blame MFL for a bad app when they had nothing to do with it. Dunno what they will do.

2. Their projections are from Fantasy Sharks. They have used them for about a decade (mainly because it's free). Otherwise I don't believe there are projections on the site if you have that turned off, it may just be the average for the player for the year. MFL isn't in the business of projections or offering advice, they are a web host and concentrate on just that. Having said that, I'd say FS is probably better then what Yahoo, CBS or ESPN toss at you. LOL

Shanesays
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Shanesays » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Personally I like my fantasy league, yahoo better than any either site.

FearTheBeard
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FearTheBeard » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:37 am

been using MFL since 2012 for a dynasty league. not the most user friendly site at first. it takes a lot of poking around to get comfortable, but once you are, i think it's the best in the biz.
Fear The Beard - Est. 2012
2012 - 2016 - 2018 League Champion

10 Team - 2QB - PPR - 1.5 TE - 32 Active Roster - 6 Taxi Squad - 3 IR
Start Options - QB/2 - RB/2-4 - WR/2-4 - TE/1-2 - K/1 - DST/1

(Typical Starters in Bold)
QB- A. Rodgers, R. Wilson, Dalton,
RB- Da. Johnson, P. Lyndsay, K. Drake, J. Conner, J. Hill, F. Gore, T. Montgomery,
WR- O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, Hilton, L. Fitz, E. Sanders, M. Lee, J. Kumerow
TE- Z. Ertz, G Kittle, O. Howard, M. Andrews, A Shaheen
DST- SD, DAL
K- G. Zuerlien

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:18 pm

I have used CBS-Yahoo-ESPN-NFL and now MFL

CBS-probably the best UI but for $150.00 do I have to get pop ups and ads all over the website

Yahoo- best of the free sites

ESPN and NFL are awful in my opinion

MFL takes a while to get the hang of the UI but once you figure that out I like all the options. I used the MFL mobile 2015 app and it was very good

I am switching my Yahoo (was on CBS) over to MFL this year.
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:11 pm

jp67 wrote:I have used CBS-Yahoo-ESPN-NFL and now MFL

CBS-probably the best UI but for $150.00 do I have to get pop ups and ads all over the website

Yahoo- best of the free sites

ESPN and NFL are awful in my opinion

MFL takes a while to get the hang of the UI but once you figure that out I like all the options. I used the MFL mobile 2015 app and it was very good

I am switching my Yahoo (was on CBS) over to MFL this year.
I know. How do you charge $150 then have popup ads to boot?? If it was a free service, so be it, but most expensive fantasy hosting site and more commercials than most of free sites.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

Shanesays
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Shanesays » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:24 pm

I love the customization of MFL.
I just wish there was someone who made a decent app for those leagues.
I know you can do everything on the mobile page, but I'm in 27 leagues and just want one place to check all the scores.

1coldone
Starter
Starter

Postby 1coldone » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:42 pm

In 10 leagues on MFL. The only thing about MFL is you must trade a player for a player, there is no 2 for ones or just draft picks for a player. If you don't mind that, it is pretty good. A lot of advise on sites/forums like this, typically do not reflect that requirement.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:20 pm

1coldone wrote:In 10 leagues on MFL. The only thing about MFL is you must trade a player for a player, there is no 2 for ones or just draft picks for a player. If you don't mind that, it is pretty good. A lot of advise on sites/forums like this, typically do not reflect that requirement.
Ummm, what are you talking about. Those kinds of trades happen *all the time* on MFL. If it's not allowed in your league it's because the commish has set it up that way with too restrictive rosters or something. Just earlier today in one of my leagues we had a trade that had 1 player and 1 pick on one side while the other side had 3 players and 2 picks. Another trade had 4 players for 2 players and 3 picks.

There is certainly no problem doing any of these kinds of trades on MFL. No restrictions at all.

CrimeLord
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CrimeLord » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:57 pm

For those looking for MFL alternatives, I recently contact ESPN and they confirmed they are open year round (outside a 1-2 week window in July for maintenance) and you can trade players and picks all year. I'm not currently in an ESPN league, but that came from support.

Kidcrash
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Kidcrash » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:48 am

I like July Maintenance ALOT better than April Maintanence

SouthernBrew
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby SouthernBrew » Mon May 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Ugh... First time Dynasty commish a few years ago. We had all played Yahoo for years. My league basically revolted at the end of the first season on MFL. Tried to make it work on Yahoo for a couple of years but keep running into issues with setting up the draft, offseason anything, rookie draft, max roster caps, etc. etc. Basically almost anything dynasty related. As commish I've about had it and now I'm revolting. Taking the league to flea flicker this season. We'll see how that goes.
Southern Bush League / Commish - 10 team 6pt TD's / 4 pt QB TD / PPR / QB,3WR,2RB,TE,Flex 30 roster spots
QB: Luck, Osweier, Bradford, Kap
RB: D. Johnson, Hyde, Hill, Mathews, M. Jones, Crowell, McKinnon
WR: Evans, Allen, Matthews, Shepard, Fuller, Smelter, Sanu, White, Wright, Perriman, DGB, Agholor, (M. Bryant)
TE: Gronk, ASJ, Allen, Walford
2017 picks: 2 1st, 1 2nd

cgdirector
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cgdirector » Tue May 03, 2016 11:06 am

I really like the RSO platform. Just like every other service, it has it's great points and flaws. Most people don't like the fact that you can't perform in-draft trading. The free agent salary cap auction is the best I've ever done. It's reasonable ($9.99). The site is fairly easy to use. I'm in 5 leagues on RSO and I love it.

Niceguy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Niceguy » Wed May 04, 2016 9:27 am

SouthernBrew wrote:Ugh... First time Dynasty commish a few years ago. We had all played Yahoo for years. My league basically revolted at the end of the first season on MFL. Tried to make it work on Yahoo for a couple of years but keep running into issues with setting up the draft, offseason anything, rookie draft, max roster caps, etc. etc. Basically almost anything dynasty related. As commish I've about had it and now I'm revolting. Taking the league to flea flicker this season. We'll see how that goes.
You'll like fleaflicker. All of the dynasty related stuff is tracked seamlessly on fleaflicker.
8 Team PPR: Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP Flex
Initial season 2011 - Champs 2011|2013|2019|2021 - Runner up 2020|2022
QB: Lamar, Dak, Herbert, Jordan Love, Bryce Young
RB: Chubb, Swift, Mixon, Montgomery, Pacheco, Brian Robinson, Rachaad White, Tyjae, Miles Sanders, Deuce Vaughn,
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Brown, Pittman, Kupp, Deebo, DJ Moore, Christian Watson, Godwin, QJ, Rashee Rice
TE: Kelce, Taysom
K:
EDR/IL: TJW, Parsons
LB: Zaire, K Murray, Okereke, Quay, Lloyd, Hicks
DB: Whitehead,

10 Team PPR league: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 Superflex, 1 D/ST
Initial Season: 2013 - Champs 2014|2016 - Runner up 2022
QB: Dak, Anthony Richardson, Geno Smith, Trey Lance
RB: Achane, Brian Robinson, Chuba, James Conner, Pierce, Akers
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Pittman, DK Metcalf, Nacua, Godwin, JuJu, Kyle Philips, Tillman
TE: Kittle, McBride, Michael Mayer, Musgrave, Ertz
D/ST: Green Bay

Offseason Champion
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Dynasty League Platform

Postby Offseason Champion » Sun May 08, 2016 8:39 am

We have been loyal NFL.com league but the NFL Fantasy app is archaic (also extremely limited) and the website for tablet use is not any easier.

Everyone has their preferences but I was wondering if anyone has used ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, or Fantrax for Dynasty leagues?
If so, did you have any issues year to year?
Pros vs Cons?
Last edited by Offseason Champion on Mon May 09, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 Team - IDP + PPR DL (1Qb, 1Rb, 3Wr, 1Te, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1DFlex
Roster Limit: 30 (2-I.R. Positions) (1RS-Developmental Player included in 30)

----------------------------------------------------------
QB: Luck, Bradford, Stafford, Wentz, P. Lynch,
RB: T. Riddick, C.Prosise,
WR: A.Jeffery, A.J. Green, Watkins, TY Hilton, Hopkins, J. Mathews, Agholor, K. White, D. Hopkins, D. Moncrief, M. Thomas (NO),
TE: Ebron, L.Green, Amaro, M. Williams, T. Higbee
K: Highest-rated on WW (McManus)
DL: A. Donald, E.Ansah, F.Cox, K.Mack, Fowler
LB: L. David, C.Mosley, Wagner, Collins, Hicks
DB: M. Jenkins, M. Burnett