Lamar Miller & Steven Jackson

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Higher 2013 Production in PPR

Steven Jackson
70%
Lamar Miller
30%

Total votes: 30

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Lamar Miller & Steven Jackson

Postby Chris_R » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:57 am

Seems weird it's asking for a 1 year window as this is dynasty. If I'm playing redraft I'm taking Steven Jackson everytime over Lamar Miller, he's a very solid lock for 1200 total yards and 8 TD's and over 40 catches, I'd feel pretty safe with expecting that. Miller is capable of it, but the odds of him doing it are much higher and much riskier. Now granted on the big scale I'd take Miller because even if he doesn't reach those numbers he's got a ton of years to produce ahead of him and at his age your hoping that on a best case scenario you get 7 years of production, and I'd gamble on the longevity he'd give me but don't see anyway I'd take him over Jackson for this year.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:52 pm

It is pretty simple... Everyone who owns Lamar Miller will say Lamar Miller because of their bias.

This answer is clear, Steven Jackson will outscore Lamar Miller in PPR leagues this season.

Lamar Miller is the lead back but will split carries with D. Thomas and the rookie. The Dolphins offense will obviously score less TD's than Atlanta this year which in turn means most likely less TD's for Miller.

Steven Jackson will get plenty more touches than Miller this year and far more touches in the red zone. This is the FIRST time in Jackson's career that he will NOT have 8 in the box. He has produced every single year having every defense plan solely against him. Defenses will be spread thin attempting to take care of Julio/Roddy/Gonzo and he is going to have an absolute field day with offensive talent finally around him. He is one of the best route runners, pass catchers in the NFL at the RB position and has one of the most accurate and intelligent QB's in the game throwing to him.

Lamar Miller is an upside RB selected in the 4th round that has yet to prove anything. He will catch less passes than S.Jax and will be sure to score less TD's as long as S. Jax doesn't go on the IR.

Sure Miller can be argued as the better DYNASTY option but for 2013, the answer is clear and simple... Steven Jackson.
If I am trying to win the championship this year, no question I want Steven Jackson on my team over Lamar Miller.
Last edited by the_future on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:02 pm

The_Future wrote:We need to make sure we keep this thread alive in December for all of the Lamar Miller lovers.
While I agree with everything you said in your post (see my statements above), I don't like this line.. It implies that you (and I) will be right. We may not be. The point you want to emphasise isn't whether the end result is correct. Rather, it's that the logic is correct. Anything can happen during the season. It's certainly possible that Miller outscores SJax in 2013. If he does, by coming back to this thread, people will think that their logic in taking him over SJax was not faulty. However, it still would be. Regardless of how it plays out...

*LM supporters might see this as a cop-out. But it's just logic. You can use faulty premises to get to a proper conclusion.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:05 pm

DonBrazi wrote:
The_Future wrote:We need to make sure we keep this thread alive in December for all of the Lamar Miller lovers.
While I agree with everything you said in your post (see my statements above), I don't like this line.. It implies that you (and I) will be right. We may not be. The point you want to emphasise isn't whether the end result is correct. Rather, it's that the logic is correct. Anything can happen during the season. It's certainly possible that Miller outscores SJax in 2013. If he does, by coming back to this thread, people will think that their logic in taking him over SJax was not faulty. However, it still would be. Regardless of how it plays out...

*LM supporters might see this as a cop-out. But it's just logic. You can use faulty premises to get to a proper conclusion.
Noted... Well said and my post has been edited.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:08 am

i play a deep keeper league. the team was/is a mess, i drafted both miller and david wilson last year in hopes that they would be a solid foundation to build on for the future. i was able to acquire dem thomas right after the season ended this past year. a couple weeks ago i flipped thomas for russel wilson, gordon and sjax. the logic being all that was stated so far in this thread. i like miller as much as anyone, but for a 1 year window, i think its sjax all day every day in terms of what we know and can rely on. (barring injury of course)

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm on the Miller hype train, but I'll take SJax side for 2013.

FFU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FFU » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Jackson is a beast. I think he's going to tear it up this year in Atlanta. He could easily finish in the top five and is a lock for the top ten if he can play healthy all year.
Team 1 (Championships - 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013)
10 Team Dynasty 1QB (6pt TD), 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, K, DEF, 1IDP (non-ppr)
QB's - Luck, Rodgers
WR's - Megatron, Julio, Green, Hopkins, Fitz, Latimer, Hunter
RB's - Foster, Crowell, West, Michael, Tate
TE's - Graham, T. Kelce
K - Parkey
DEF - Seattle, Cincinnati, Arizona, Indy
IDP's - Burfict

Team 2 (Championships - 2012, 2013)
10 Team Dynasty 2QB (6pt TD), 4WR, 3RB, 2TE, K, DEF, 2IDP (non-ppr)
QB's - Ryan, Cutler, Bradford, Mallet
WR's - Julio, Dez, Green, Hopkins, Gordon, Moncreif, Adams, Crabtree
RB's - Anderson, Miller, Crowell, Sims, McKinnin, TRich, Tate, Michael
TE's - Graham, Cameron, Rudolf
K - Parkey
DEF - Seattle
IDP's - Watt, David

johnyo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby johnyo » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:36 am

2013 only? SJAX. But that's 2013 only, doesn't mean I'd rather him on my team.
16-Team Salary Cap Dynasty
0.5 PPR (1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 D, 1 K)
100M Salary Cap. Players can be waived for a 25% cap penalty.
Flacco(5) Osweiler(1.25)
McCoy(9) Miller(10) Hyde(3.2) Tipton(0.5) Darkwa(0.5) L James(0.5) D Harris(0.5) S Perry(0.5)
Megatron(18.5) Julio(15) Hopkins(4) Hunter(1.3) Bowe(3.8) Woods(2.2) Wheaton(1.3)
ASJ(1.3) Donnell(0.5) Gresham(2.3) M Gray(0.5) D Harris(0.5)
Browns(0.5)
Parkee(0.5) McManus(0.5)
2015 1.07, 1.09
2016 2nd, 4th
2017 2nd, 3rd, 4th

hord
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hord » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:55 pm

these guys are 2-3 rounds apart. draft them both haha
i like sjax better as well if we are only talking this year. lots of upside for miller long term but everyone knows that. but as stated above, these guys are 2-3 rounds apart.... it really depends on who ur other backs are and what u need more.. if u already have a rb 1, then id rather take miller in a round 4 and grab an elite wr.... but i am not clear on what kind of league and draft you are in.... but if its as simple as choosing your next pick between these two then its a no brainer.... sjax
Team #1
12 team .5 ppr- Superflex
full dynasty start up (2022)

1Qb, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1F, 1SF, 1D, 1K, 8B

QB- Allen, Watson, cousins carr
RB- [/b],Barkley, taylor, Etienne, jacobs, montgomery, hull, latavius, rodriguez jr
WR- diggs, kupp, A.J Brown, waddel, jamo
TE- Kelce
D- San fran, colts,

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:06 pm

SJax in 2013 for sure IMO.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt