Lamichael James

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Smcguiga
Role Player
Role Player

Lamichael James

Postby Smcguiga » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:38 am

I know he is not really on anyone's radar and isn't even seen as a sleeper but the more I see read/watch videos about Lamichael James the more I like him. Crowed backfield right now but gore is clearly slowing down and this will probably be his last year IMO, hunter is coming off Achilles and also had a knee injury in high school as well as onehis junior year in college so have to wonder if kid is gonna be same(look no further than leshoure to see impact as he is not same player).....James packed on 10 lbs of muscle and is now bigger than hunter at 205 and 5 8 I think he is underrated as btw tackle runner as all film I see shows him doing it just fine. 2nd rounder vs hunter 4th.......Kid could surprise is all I am saying and I am not convinced at all Lattimore is gonna come back anywhere near the same back he was before the devastating injuries....

Think this kid could be more involved in O then people think this year and next year with gore gone may even seize control of what will be a truly explosive offense.......am I nuts?
16 team keeper(keep 10) 1qb 2 rbs 3wr OR TE K. Standard scoring

L Bell rb pitts
AP
Oliver rb
crowell rb
Tannehill QB
Dez wr
Hunter tenn Wr
baily rams
Alen robinson

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Lamichael James

Postby Jason » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:10 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7241/gamelog

He faced 8+ men in the box 42% of the time, almost double the league average, and still carried the ball for 4.7 yards a carry on the year and total domination in the playoffs, and I watched all the games...I'm having a hard time seeing where it's "clear" that he's slowing down. Could it maybe just be wishful thinking on your part? A lot of backs have played at a high level in their age 30 and 31 seasons. It's not like he's 32+. It's not like Michael Turner where the writing was on the wall because his production fell off a cliff the 2nd half of 2011 and into camp. We'll see though I guess.

I think it's entirely feasible that Gore plays out the last 2 years of his contract in San Fran, at a reasonably high level, before moving on.

That being said, I think the backup RBs will continue to fight for scaps for the forseeable future. Anthony Dixon is going to remain active every week due to his excellent special teams play and possibly the emergency FB again if they only keep Bruce Miller there.

That means I could foresee some weeks where if they only activate 3 Half backs (like they routinely did last year with Jacobs/James inactive), one of Hunter or James being inactive some weeks. If Kyle Williams reclaims the kick return job that only enhances that possibility. I think we'll see certain plays for Hunter and certain plays for James and it will be pretty even. I think last season Hunter looked much more like a guy who could be a lead back, but going forward we'll see on James, he looked the part in college like you said. I think any of Hunter/James/Lattimore could be sleepers going forward, especially with that offensive line. It's also entirely possible that when Gore moves on, they draft yet another back and none of them are the future lol.

Smcguiga
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Smcguiga » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:35 am

You may be right on my wishful thinking but as you own Gore you may be seeing things slightly slanted as well Gire is slowing down he got gassed after 15 yrd runs last year and burst is not the same he is hitting age and usage levels where wheels usually come off and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens with him back half of this year I highly doubt he will be the main back after this year....if Lattimore doesn't come back same(high probability) and hunter loses step(good chance as well given injury) James could be last guy standing...they may very well draft another one next year but this kid was a second rounder they obviously think highly of him

Time will tell but I wouldn't bank on gore at this stage
16 team keeper(keep 10) 1qb 2 rbs 3wr OR TE K. Standard scoring

L Bell rb pitts
AP
Oliver rb
crowell rb
Tannehill QB
Dez wr
Hunter tenn Wr
baily rams
Alen robinson

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Smcguiga wrote:You may be right on my wishful thinking but as you own Gore you may be seeing things slightly slanted as well Gire is slowing down he got gassed after 15 yrd runs last year and burst is not the same he is hitting age and usage levels where wheels usually come off and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens with him back half of this year I highly doubt he will be the main back after this year....if Lattimore doesn't come back same(high probability) and hunter loses step(good chance as well given injury) James could be last guy standing...they may very well draft another one next year but this kid was a second rounder they obviously think highly of him

Time will tell but I wouldn't bank on gore at this stage
Well I traded for Gore this offseason, so my opinion on him isn't a biased one because I own him.

I'm a 49er fan, so like I said I watch all the games. Really the only thing you can say about him slowing down is his age. Obviously he won't be around for years to come, but I still think he could pile up 1000+ this year, and as Harbaugh/Roman love Gore (I've seen Roman talk in interviews about Gore coaching under him/them when he's done), I still think he'll be in the picture in 2014 as long as he makes it through 2013 healthy and doesn't fall off a cliff, which I don't expect to happen based on his playoff run last year and just knowing his character.

Maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time lol, but my guess is he has one more good year, then starts his decline phase in 2014, then probably retires. Or plays one more year as a RBBC/Backup on another team.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:31 pm

i liked what i saw of james last year. sure there weren't alot of opportunities, but i thought he hadled what was given to him nicely. you could see his potential in the touches that i saw. i definately think his future potential may be determined by the pistol offense landscape in the nfl. if teams shut that down, i downgrade my ranking of james, as i see him as nice fit for that system, and maybe undersized for the traditional back. im not sold on any of the current back ups in sf so, i think he has as much chance as any of the others.