wallace vs cobb

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

wallace vs cobb

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:28 am

i have an owner comming after me pretty hard for cobb. he feels wallace is enough to get him and is set on this. i think cobb is over valued, but with that being said, the market for him is up. i do like cobb and wont be moving him for just wallace. seems to me like it becomes either a loss for me or a trade for the sake of trading. im looking for others thoughts on these two to help me decide how far off i am on my thoughts and help me put value to the draft pick/s i would want included in this deal. (side note: i have bought into this local league a year ago, this owner has ravaged the league year in and year out to get the studs. the other owners have traded their studs in 3 for 1 and 2 for 1 deals and this has left only 3 contending teams, with the other 9 in a whole lot of trouble. already this offseason he has traded colston, james jones, and leshoure for wallace and shady mccoy, in another deal he added dez for jennings, hilton, end of rd 2 pick and end of rd 4 pick. keep 7 league...his roster is now arod, rice, mccoy, dez, aj green, wallace, and gronk. (none of which he drafted with the exception of green))

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Re: wallace vs cobb

Postby Team Tacos » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:17 am

damn he got a good deal for wallace and mccoy.

if he wants cobb, make him pay for cobb. go for wallace and gronk or something like that. if he wants him bad enough, he'll make a deal. if not, then you keep cobb.

cobb > wallace both in real value and current perceived value, i think.
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:08 am

Team Tacos wrote:damn he got a good deal for wallace and mccoy.

if he wants cobb, make him pay for cobb. go for wallace and gronk or something like that. if he wants him bad enough, he'll make a deal. if not, then you keep cobb.

cobb > wallace both in real value and current perceived value, i think.
This. It does not matter if he thinks Wallace is enough for Cobb. It matters what you think. I would not trade Cobb for Wallace. I have almost zero interest in Wallace and would treat him as a throw in for a real offer.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 am

Wallace owner here, I would be ecstatic to get Cobb for Wallace. Wallace is dropping in my rankings and has been all offseason. Miami is not as desireable of a landing spot as Pittsburgh was. I'm not sure Wallace will ever push for top 10 numbers again, especially w/o Big Ben. I would give Wallace and a top 7 pick easily to get Cobb.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:43 pm

my feelings exactly guys. im thinking about dropping this league as some of the owners are not informed enough to compete with others. i was going through the rosters earlier and trade history. its unreal how the elite teams were built. i was thinking maybe i could get some sort of steal to help with my rebuild, but all the studs are on 3 teams. great league for those 3 teams, sucks for the rest of us. i think a couple guys are dropping as well. nows my chance to get out with the rest of them.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:07 pm

sloth8u wrote:my feelings exactly guys. im thinking about dropping this league as some of the owners are not informed enough to compete with others. i was going through the rosters earlier and trade history. its unreal how the elite teams were built. i was thinking maybe i could get some sort of steal to help with my rebuild, but all the studs are on 3 teams. great league for those 3 teams, sucks for the rest of us. i think a couple guys are dropping as well. nows my chance to get out with the rest of them.
I personally would not want to be in a league like that. Owners who have more than one team or take advantage of a few less than involved or knowledgeable owners think they are good when they build their super teams. Actually I think it is the opposite and I would not want to be in a league that is not competitive.