A.Bradshaw, Mendi, B.Brown, or K.Hunter?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

A.Bradshaw, Mendi, B.Brown, or K.Hunter?

Postby Jfever » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Similar ADP values but physical skill sets, age, health, offensive roles, or offensive systems vary greatly. Curious to hear peoples' thoughts on these 4 rbs. Who would you rather have on a contending team? Who would you rather have on a team in the middle of the pack? How about a rebuild team? why?
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Krol-fantazj
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: A.Bradshaw, Mendi, B.Brown, or K.Hunter?

Postby Krol-fantazj » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:01 pm

I like the order you have listed for all situations, however, depending on where Bradshaw lands I may switch him with Mendy. Until Brown or Hunter take on the #1 roles, they are nothing more than bye week fill ins or injury replacements. I would def hold onto both if you can, however, as their situations will only get better in time.

Eight7Seven
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Eight7Seven » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:57 pm

On a contending team I would rather have Bryce Brown. If something were to happen to LeSean McCoy it is possible that Brown would become your best running back. I also think he has the greatest potential upside in the long haul. If my team was in the middle of the back it would depend on the players on my roster. I've never waited to become a bottom feeder to start rebuilding. Chances are that I'd already be gearing towards the future. If that's the case I would probably roll with Hunter, I think there is a more than fair chance he will have solid fantasy value this season. I also believe he could win the biggest slice of the Niners committee going forward. In a full rebuild I would definitely go with Brown. I think he is the only player on this list with a chance to be a true difference maker in 2015 and onward.
Team One: Children of the Light
12 Team PPR- Superflex- Dynasty - Start 9

QB: Herbert, Watson, Young, Cousins
HB: Bijan, Etienne, J.Jacobs, Najee, D.Harris, J.Ford
WR: Olave, Smith-Njigba, Pittman, Jeudy, Jameson, A.Cooper, Cooks, P.Cambell, T.Marshall, Boutte (T.S.)
TE: Hockenson, Kmet, L.Schoonmaker, Likely (T.S.)
Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd & 3rd

Team Two: One Nation
12 Team IDP- PPR- Superflex- Dynasy - 8 Offensive Starters- 1 DL, 1 EDR, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1DP (DL/LB/DB)

QB: Mahomes, Love, Lance, Purdy
HB: Chubb, Etienne, Akers, Dillion, J.Cook, P.Strong (T.S.), Z.White (T.S.)
WR: Waddle, Jameson, A.Cooper, “Bayou”.Michael.Thomas, Pickens, T.Marshall
TE: Waller, I.Smith.Jr, Otton (T.S.)
LB: D.Lloyd, Q.Walker, D.Long, J.Baker, J.Jewel
DB: J.Chinn, J.Pitre, J.Brisker
DL/ER: S.Hubbard, K.Mack, K.Paye
Picks: '23 1.05, 1.07, 1.12 & 3.07

Murphy29
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Murphy29 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Players like these 4 make it easy to see why people are so high on Lamar Miller this off- season. All of them could very easily never be fantasy relevant again/ever. On that note here is my evaluation.

On a rebuild team I would think Bradshaw would be worthless. He is frequently injured and only getting older. For a contending team, though, he would make a good, cheap pickup as a flex/fill-in player for a few years as he has always been solid when he plays. Mendenhall is the kind of wildcard you would want on a middle of the pack team in my opinion. He is the only one out of the group that currently seems to have a shot at a signficant role in his teams offense next season and is young enough that he could be a solid fantasy contributor for a few years if he rebounds. Brown and Hunter and very similar in my opinion. Both could end up in very good situations and have a lot of talent but due to injury (for Hunter) or rawness (for Brown) who knows if or when it will happen. They are good long shots to have on a rebuilding team.

I would rank them Bradshaw, Mendi, Hunter, Brown for a contender and Mendi, Hunter, Brown, Bradshaw for a rebuild.